Booker Question

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
i just wish they’d vary it a little more between the two guys. Paul is either going to get that 17 footer or find an open guy. It gives us multiple possibilities at the end of games. With Book, it’s just going to be one on one. He’s not a good enough passer nor does he have the consistent ability to attack and dish to get someone an open shot.

I wish he would have gone to the elbow rather than that step back before the end of regulation. It seems like everyone is going for a step back to win no matter the circumstances.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
i just wish they’d vary it a little more between the two guys. Paul is either going to get that 17 footer or find an open guy. It gives us multiple possibilities at the end of games. With Book, it’s just going to be one on one. He’s not a good enough passer nor does he have the consistent ability to attack and dish to get someone an open shot.
At least this time Book got a pretty clean look. We certainly could have gotten a better shot, but I like Booker’s chances of making that shot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is why I have said over and over Book cannot be your PG. People kept saying that over and over to play Book at the point. He just isn't a PG. Too one dimensional. Give Book the rock....he is going to create a shot. When he plays that role he presses way too much and makes bad decisions. Paul is much more unpredictable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I don’t. I’m going to guess book is somewhere around 20% or less on step back 3s.

For me it has more to do with the flow of the game and if he is streaky at that moment. Most of the time if there is a shot that needs to be made I have no problem with Book or CP3 taking it. Much more so than anybody else on the team during high pressure moments.

I read somewhere that Booker has made more high pressure shots in his first 6 seasons then any player sans Lebron. I don't recall the criteria but they did list out all these shots. I couldn't find that article but I did find this one.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020/1/21/21074905/the-definitive-list-of-phoenix-suns-devin-booker-buzzer-beating-prowess

Having said that? If the team needs last minute shot heroics? They probably didn't do their job the previous 47 minutes and deserve whatever happens on that last shot.

Last edited:

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Why don't you post during game threads or about anything else? All you do is show up and complain about Booker, even when we win. You are just like your buddy 1Sun, trying to keep others from enjoying the Suns as a whole.

Why can't we discuss obvious issues and enjoy the team and games at the same time?

Isn't good to hear another point of view that may vary from your own?

Personally, I enjoy reading the good and negative points of view and making my own conclusions. Nothing anyone posts on this board would prevent me from enjoying the suns.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Underrated part of Booker's game is his screen game. Cam Johnson got that big three late because Booker wiped out the guy guarding him.

He couldn't jump shoot last night so he just kept attacking the rim and drawing FTs

He also boxed out Gobert at one point so he couldn't get the offensive rebound. You don't expect a 6'6 guy to wipe out a 7 footer on a box out.

Booker is doing all the little thing to get to the next level.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Here is Booker boxing out Gobert while Ayton contests the shot

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me it has more to do with the flow of the game and if he is streaky at that moment. Most of the time if there is a shot that needs to be made I have no problem with Book or CP3 taking it. Much more so than anybody else on the team during high pressure moments.

I read somewhere that Booker has made more high pressure shots in his first 6 seasons then any player sans Lebron. I don't recall the criteria but they did list out all these shots. I couldn't find that article but I did find this one.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...enix-suns-devin-booker-buzzer-beating-prowess
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...enix-suns-devin-booker-buzzer-beating-prowess
Having said that? If the team needs last minute shot heroics? They probably didn't do their job the previous 47 minutes and deserve whatever happens on that last shot.
It’s not about the “who” for me as much as the “what.” A defended step back 3 with 10 seconds on the clock? Yuck.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Underrated part of Booker's game is his screen game. Cam Johnson got that big three late because Booker wiped out the guy guarding him.

He couldn't jump shoot last night so he just kept attacking the rim and drawing FTs

He also boxed out Gobert at one point so he couldn't get the offensive rebound. You don't expect a 6'6 guy to wipe out a 7 footer on a box out.

Booker is doing all the little thing to get to the next level.
Unless the 7 footer is Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh... that's SUCH a March 2021 comment...
Lol. There was a sequence last night where I saw Gobert rebound and hit a shot and was fouled between two of our wing and then immediately following Ayton had position and allowed himself to get boxed out by two Utah guards. I could just shake my head.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Lol. There was a sequence last night where I saw Gobert rebound and hit a shot and was fouled between two of our wing and then immediately following Ayton had position and allowed himself to get boxed out by two Utah guards. I could just shake my head.
Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol... you are definitely obsessed, oh brother of mine.
I can’t help but key on him every game. So I see his great plays and his awful ones. He may be the only player in my years of watching basketball that I find myself watching off ball consistently.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why can't we discuss obvious issues and enjoy the team and games at the same time?

Isn't good to hear another point of view that may vary from your own?

Personally, I enjoy reading the good and negative points of view and making my own conclusions. Nothing anyone posts on this board would prevent me from enjoying the suns.

I'm open for discussions of all sorts regarding the Suns. What I'm not a fan of though is someone who only shows up to bash a certain player, regardless of what that player has been doing. That's what 1tin has been doing in regards to Booker for the last year or so. Look at his post history. Its easy to see the pattern.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thanks (in no small part) to Booker, we achieved the 2nd best record in the league

so would it be wrong to mention that...
if Book had not called a player of Paul George's caliber a "soft ___ ______" we might have won both games, the season series, have the best record in the league, a better chance at a higher seed and beating the Clips in the playoffs?

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks (in no small part) to Booker, we achieved the 2nd best record in the league

if Book had not called a player of Paul George's caliber a "soft ___ ______" we might have won both games, the season series, have the best record in the league, a better chance at a higher seed and beating the Clips in the playoffs?

How predictable, you show up to bash Book after he played a good game but the team came up short. Seriously, you should change your name to 2Sun.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Paul George has played over 80 playoff games and has upped his game after the bubble struggles. He’s better than Booker and is probably not the bear you want to poke going into May.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's doing the bashing here?

The person who shows up to blame the loss and the Suns inability to win the season series vs the Clippers on something Booker allegedly said about PG13.

It wouldn't be so bad if they showed up to discuss the Suns semi regularly but instead all they do is complain about Booker after losses or off nights.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Paul George has played over 80 playoff games and has upped his game after the bubble struggles. He’s better than Booker and is probably not the bear you want to poke going into May.
He's terrible in the playoffs. That's just a fact.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The person who shows up to blame the loss and the Suns inability to win the season series vs the Clippers on something Booker allegedly said about PG13.

It wouldn't be so bad if they showed up to discuss the Suns semi regularly but instead all they do is complain about Booker after losses or off nights.

I think he has a very well developed anti-Booker bias which I find annoying at times but I don't get the feeling he has an agenda so AFAIC it's just life on a message board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he has a very well developed anti-Booker bias which I find annoying at times but I don't get the feeling he has an agenda so AFAIC it's just life on a message board.

agreed. He’s nowhere near the level of ridiculousness that 1Sun polluted the board with daily, a thousand times a day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose