Booker Question

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by sinsay, Feb 16, 2021.

1. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

Let’s be honest and just agree that Booker > MJ

This version
    [​IMG]

2. Yuma

Yuma Working from home. Missing my free coffee!

I think that about Wilt, too! He could play today even without shooting the three. They talk about Zion or Shaw being unstoppable down low, Wilt really was. Also Magic and Larry could play today. Some others come to mind.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

There are a lot of players that could play today, they would adapt to the rules. Like the 93 suns - every single one of them could’ve played today.

4. Yuma

Yuma Working from home. Missing my free coffee!

Oliver Miller? LOL!

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

You laugh, he was a shotblocker and great passer. He wouldn’t have started but he’d be a skilled player today.

Yuma and nashman like this.
  6. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

Jordan transitioned from a great scorer to a winner when he started playing smarter, not harder. i don't think Booker has another gear to go to mentally (age and experience will help, but, imo, not enough)

in tonight's Laker game, yet another mental collapse in the 3rd.
    sure, again, the refs were hard on him -- but GET A CLUE -- you're hurting the team -- adapt, damn it

if we don't advance in the playoffs it will be because of 2 things -- Booker's head and Ayton's hands

7. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

And he could catch the ball. His college coach said “he can catch a dime in the dark.”

8. JCSunsfan

I am not going to be hard on him about last nights game. When you are doing the same thing you have been doing 100s of times before and this time you get tossed, it’s on them, not you. Bookers behavior last night was the same as it has always been. Actually, that one probably deserves an investigation.

nashman likes this.
  9. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

Paul is on the floor steadying the team when the team needs him
    (and so were Jordan and Kobe, especially under pressure -- playoff pressure. ref pressure)

when you play 8 games and half of them you're not on the floor in the 4th because of foul trouble, technicals, or an ejection, you're not a leader. navigating bad refereeing is part of the challenge of winning in pro sports

got a bad rep with the refs? your bad. they're part of the obstacle course on route to a championship

if you play poker with 4 players, and only play the hand you're dealt, you'll win 25% of the time.
    to leave a winner, you've got to play the heads, not just the cards

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  10. taz02

taz02 Registered

Michael Jordan was disqualified 11 times due to technical fouls.

11. Muggz

Muggz Registered

Lets trade Book.

Its a only matter of time before he's beating up kids for French fries, trafficking Coke or throwing people through bar windows.

Seriously he will NEVER be Kobe, Mike or Lebron but he works his ass off and has those lofty goals to strive for.

Glad hes on my team so i can watch how close he can get.

Hoop Head, AzStevenCal and nashman like this.
  12. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Devin Booker has the accolades now. Nothing more to prove.

He is recognized by the media and is a two time NBA All-Star. He might be better off not complaining about as many calls or changing the way he talks to referees

That said, apparently there must be an audience otherwise why would Lebron keep complaining to the referees for foul calls.

AzStevenCal and nashman like this.
  13. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

I agree with all this. I think Paul will help teach him how to talk to refs. Its something that might not be discussed between them until incidents like the Laker game though. Booker has never had a vet to teach him the proper way to handle refs, or a coach who would stick up for him and get the occasional T for him either.

Mainstreet likes this.
  14. JCSunsfan

What? He didn’t have a father who was an nba player? High school a d college coaches? NBA coaches? Other veteran players? I call bull.

15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

Its hard to believe he's picked up bad habits being the franchise player on a hapless bottom dweller the last 4-5 seasons? He didn't mouth off to refs this much in his first or second season, did he? Why do you suppose he started doing so more often? The NBA today is a different league than when his dad played and Devin is in an entirely different role than his dad was ever in.