Deflated with this offseason

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've been reading your stuff and conclude you were looking for the "straw" . :)
You're new here, so I'm gonna cut you a little break. (Sorry, Back to the Future reference.)

I've been very vocal that I don't like Keim, Kliff, and the direction this team has been headed for the past two and a half years. It wasn't going to take much for me to feel deflated. I used to be super optimistic, but I really don't like this current version of the Cardinals.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're new here, so I'm gonna cut you a little break. (Sorry, Back to the Future reference.)

I've been very vocal that I don't like Keim, Kliff, and the direction this team has been headed for the past two and a half years. It wasn't going to take much for me to feel deflated. I used to be super optimistic, but I really don't like this current version of the Cardinals.

As said: I know.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So far I give the off season moves a B minus. Without Hudson it would have been a C minus

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im in the middle so far. Hudson and Golden are great additions.

Watt and Green would legit push us to superbowl contenders if they can hit 75% of their best seasons. I have no idea if they can do it...but I would rather count on two future HOF level players than a rookie or a journeyman.

If we have to hitch our hopes to players stepping up and contributing much more than reasonably expected...I will take Watt and Green over some small school rookies.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Green has been injured hes finally healthy. Dude is a freaking beast. Even at 75% hes worth 10 million
I don't get all the washed up talk
Dude is gonna play lights out this year and get a huge contract next year.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adding a legit center for the first time in 50 years alone leaves me ecstatic about next year. I hope you guys realize that we now have a chance at beating the Rams instead of getting pulverized by their pressure up the middle. Getting Jones back, with Simmons ready to kick butt, adding the leadership & playing ability of Watt, a real kicker in Prater, and a hungry future HOF WR & there is nothing to NOT like about this offseason. We also re-signed Beachum & Golden. Both are very good signings. We may add a CB & RB yet. For me, NOTHING to be upset about. Some of you guys should have been around when Bill Bidwill was running the show. Now, that was depressing.

So we have a chance:)

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is about what I expected so far. It seems like a classic last ditch attempt off-season from a GM who is on the ropes. He signed a couple of aging stars who will get casual fans excited (Green, Watt), tried to fill obvious needs with reasonably priced older dudes (Prater, Golden, Beachum) and pulled off a potentially really solid trade (Hudson) for draft capital. I don't think any of the moves make us a contender, but they all make sense on some level.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adding a legit center for the first time in 50 years alone leaves me ecstatic about next year. I hope you guys realize that we now have a chance at beating the Rams instead of getting pulverized by their pressure up the middle. Getting Jones back, with Simmons ready to kick butt, adding the leadership & playing ability of Watt, a real kicker in Prater, and a hungry future HOF WR & there is nothing to NOT like about this offseason. We also re-signed Beachum & Golden. Both are very good signings. We may add a CB & RB yet. For me, NOTHING to be upset about. Some of you guys should have been around when Bill Bidwill was running the show. Now, that was depressing.
Spot on about the previous owner God rest his soul.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, instead of getting pulverized up the middle, Matthew Stafford will throw the ball to the tune of 800 yards and six TDs in two games against us.
I get the concern there but we may find a replacement that gives us what PP21 gave us last year at least? There's been several CB's cut so far & you never know, SK may make a trade for one? It's not like PP21 could stay with any of those Rams receivers anyway. It was time to move on from him & draft his replacement. Horn or Newsome could be there at #16?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm amped about Rodney Hudson, but no one expected him to be available, and just when he was about to be cut, somehow we had to give up a 3rd round pick. That's the highlight.

AJ Green is uninspiring.
Those of our own we kept are pretty uninspiring.
We've completely whiffed on CB, and our defense is going to be atrocious in 2021.
With five draft picks, and only two in the first two days, this team will continue to have a bare cupboard at talent at or under the age of 25.

I don't know that we can make any moves with what's left to make me feel any better about where we are at the end of today.

I'm calling my shot now - Keim and Kliff aren't here next year, and we're in full rebuild mode.
From what I read today he was about to be cut then changed their minds because of teams showing interest. So why wait?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I get the concern there but we may find a replacement that gives us what PP21 gave us last year at least? There's been several CB's cut so far & you never know, SK may make a trade for one? It's not like PP21 could stay with any of those Rams receivers anyway. It was time to move on from him & draft his replacement. Horn or Newsome could be there at #16?
It's not about the Rams specifically. The remaining CBs on the market stink, and I don't trust a rookie to be anything more than okay. I don't want to trade more picks when we only have 5, and two of them are in the 7th round and may as well just be cuts.

From what I read today he was about to be cut then changed their minds because of teams showing interest. So why wait?
I know, it's just not the coup it would have been when he was a free agent and we would have had three more potential starters coming in from the draft. Now we have two picks to make something work, and a litany of holes.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's not about the Rams specifically. The remaining CBs on the market stink, and I don't trust a rookie to be anything more than okay. I don't want to trade more picks when we only have 5, and two of them are in the 7th round and may as well just be cuts.

I know, it's just not the coup it would have been when he was a free agent and we would have had three more potential starters coming in from the draft. Now we have two picks to make something work, and a litany of holes.
Fair points but do you really trust Steve Keim to draft anyone at this point lol? He sucks at drafting players & makes good trades so why not just let him trade some of our picks for a good #1 CB?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just one more thing about being deflated... I'm sad that we have so few picks, even if it's the right football move. The NFL draft is one of my favorite times of the year, because my dad and I always have shared it as a big weekend event, and normally watch the whole thing together. Now past round 2, I may as well make other plans for myself.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just one more thing about being deflated... I'm sad that we have so few picks, even if it's the right football move. The NFL draft is one of my favorite times of the year, because my dad and I always have shared it as a big weekend event, and normally watch the whole thing together. Now past round 2, I may as well make other plans for myself.
I’m honestly stunned you held a event after Day 2.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m honestly stunned you held a event after Day 2.
Maybe event is a wrong word, but at least clear our schedules, crack open some beers, and have the TV on as the whole thing goes. Last year was three full days of beers and BBQ, and it was probably the nicest memory I had of the pandemic.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We were 8-8 and had atleast 5 games you could easily say we could have won. Seattle on the road. Last 2 and Detroit and New England. Heck change 2 of them and were 10-6. We are not that far off.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were 8-8 and had atleast 5 games you could easily say we could have won. Seattle on the road. Last 2 and Detroit and New England. Heck change 2 of them and were 10-6. We are not that far off.

I actually think we are.

It was the trend, we were not very competitive after the Bills game, and Kliff did not seem to do anything to adjust.

Honestly as long as he is the coach, I don't have much hope for the upcoming season. Having nothing at CB is another gigantic issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose