Deflated with this offseason

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Solar7, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

Don't get me wrong, I'm amped about Rodney Hudson, but no one expected him to be available, and just when he was about to be cut, somehow we had to give up a 3rd round pick. That's the highlight.

AJ Green is uninspiring.
    Those of our own we kept are pretty uninspiring.
    We've completely whiffed on CB, and our defense is going to be atrocious in 2021.
    With five draft picks, and only two in the first two days, this team will continue to have a bare cupboard at talent at or under the age of 25.

I don't know that we can make any moves with what's left to make me feel any better about where we are at the end of today.

I'm calling my shot now - Keim and Kliff aren't here next year, and we're in full rebuild mode.

wa52lz likes this.
  2. thephoenixson28

thephoenixson28 Registered

Trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel

cardncubfan likes this.
  3. DVontel

DVontel Registered

You really made this cause of a washed up CB just left.

Incredible.

4. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

That's just the straw that broke the camel's back. We are going to have the worst secondary in the NFL in 2021, a year where we should be contending for a championship for Kyler.

unseenaz likes this.
  5. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

It's not done yet.

6. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Yes cause I’m sure the guy that was getting burned by any competent WR & awful tackler will be the reason why

7. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

There's no fixing the secondary at this point unless we trade away the rest of our draft and just let Keim and co. take a vacation on April 29th.

unseenaz likes this.
  8. Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze Registered

Im not deflated with Watt, Hudson, Prater, AJ Green, and the retention of Golden, Beachum, Vallejo, Gardeck, Zeke Turner.

I'm bullish on the defense next year. It'll be our best front 7 since 2015 and maybe better. Plus we are yet to sign a CB so just hold your horses there.

9. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

You should really go to bed. Picking up Hudson fills the biggest hole we had. We haven’t had a center of his caliber since the 70’s. This will help Murray immensely. That trade alone makes this a GREAT day for the Cardinals. Peterson was great in his day, but he was God awful last year. It’s time to move on from Patrick. We will easily replace him.

10. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

All of the CBs are awful. Pass rush won't matter at that point.

unseenaz likes this.
  11. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

i think it's a pretty mediocre off-season, depending on old players finding a fountain of youth. Once the dust entirely settles, I'll probably talk myself into half-heartedly believing that if all the old guys injuries break our way we've got a shot.

but what I'm looking at is an older and slower defense, bwith no CBs right now, but if injuries don't derail them, they could be solid. And no speed at RB/TE/WR on offense, but with an upgraded offensive line and hopefully Kyler taking a leap towards unicorn status the entire year instead of 3/5s of it that propels the team forward and into the playoffs.

12. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

The Hudson deal brought me back to middle ground at best.

Many are stoked about Watts. Not to sure of his health.

Green signing disgusts me. Marvin Jones signed for the same money. He’s a Wr that HAS produced over the last couple of years compared to a Wr the use to produce.

Prater I think is a good signing. He will give us a shot at scoring anytime we reach the 40 yards line. However, we may not need him because this secondary as it stands will give up points In bunches.

We still need a rb. I can live with Drake or Carson I guess. If we do nothing Entiene will be our first pick and we’ll draft a cb from the central university of northern tech in round two.

13. Syracusecards

Syracusecards DA's pass went that way

I am not so much deflated about the off-season moves as I am deflated by how much we have to rely on free agency because our draft picks have not produced. How we haven’t drafted more CB’s to stockpile the position is beyond me.

Proximo and Dayman like this.
  14. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

This too. We have four CBs on the roster. Outside of Murphy and Alford, we have undrafted Jace Whittaker... and Picasso Nelson, who I was unaware we ever even signed. He doesn't even have a team photo. But at least he has a cool name.

CardNots likes this.
  15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Adding a legit center for the first time in 50 years alone leaves me ecstatic about next year. I hope you guys realize that we now have a chance at beating the Rams instead of getting pulverized by their pressure up the middle. Getting Jones back, with Simmons ready to kick butt, adding the leadership & playing ability of Watt, a real kicker in Prater, and a hungry future HOF WR & there is nothing to NOT like about this offseason. We also re-signed Beachum & Golden. Both are very good signings. We may add a CB & RB yet. For me, NOTHING to be upset about. Some of you guys should have been around when Bill Bidwill was running the show. Now, that was depressing.

16. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

Yes, instead of getting pulverized up the middle, Matthew Stafford will throw the ball to the tune of 800 yards and six TDs in two games against us.