Deflated with this offseason

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm amped about Rodney Hudson, but no one expected him to be available, and just when he was about to be cut, somehow we had to give up a 3rd round pick. That's the highlight.

AJ Green is uninspiring.
Those of our own we kept are pretty uninspiring.
We've completely whiffed on CB, and our defense is going to be atrocious in 2021.
With five draft picks, and only two in the first two days, this team will continue to have a bare cupboard at talent at or under the age of 25.

I don't know that we can make any moves with what's left to make me feel any better about where we are at the end of today.

I'm calling my shot now - Keim and Kliff aren't here next year, and we're in full rebuild mode.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You really made this cause of a washed up CB just left.

Incredible.
That's just the straw that broke the camel's back. We are going to have the worst secondary in the NFL in 2021, a year where we should be contending for a championship for Kyler.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm amped about Rodney Hudson, but no one expected him to be available, and just when he was about to be cut, somehow we had to give up a 3rd round pick. That's the highlight.

AJ Green is uninspiring.
We've completely whiffed on CB, and our defense is going to be atrocious in 2021.
With five draft picks, and only two in the first two days, this team will continue to have a bare cupboard at talent at or under the age of 25.

I don't know that we can make any moves with what's left to make me feel any better about where we are at the end of today.

I'm calling my shot now - Keim and Kliff aren't here next year, and we're in full rebuild mode.
You should really go to bed. Picking up Hudson fills the biggest hole we had. We haven’t had a center of his caliber since the 70’s. This will help Murray immensely. That trade alone makes this a GREAT day for the Cardinals. Peterson was great in his day, but he was God awful last year. It’s time to move on from Patrick. We will easily replace him.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Im not deflated with Watt, Hudson, Prater, AJ Green, and the retention of Golden, Beachum, Vallejo, Gardeck, Zeke Turner.

I'm bullish on the defense next year. It'll be our best front 7 since 2015 and maybe better. Plus we are yet to sign a CB so just hold your horses there.
All of the CBs are awful. Pass rush won't matter at that point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think it's a pretty mediocre off-season, depending on old players finding a fountain of youth. Once the dust entirely settles, I'll probably talk myself into half-heartedly believing that if all the old guys injuries break our way we've got a shot.

but what I'm looking at is an older and slower defense, bwith no CBs right now, but if injuries don't derail them, they could be solid. And no speed at RB/TE/WR on offense, but with an upgraded offensive line and hopefully Kyler taking a leap towards unicorn status the entire year instead of 3/5s of it that propels the team forward and into the playoffs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hudson deal brought me back to middle ground at best.

Many are stoked about Watts. Not to sure of his health.

Green signing disgusts me. Marvin Jones signed for the same money. He’s a Wr that HAS produced over the last couple of years compared to a Wr the use to produce.

Prater I think is a good signing. He will give us a shot at scoring anytime we reach the 40 yards line. However, we may not need him because this secondary as it stands will give up points In bunches.

We still need a rb. I can live with Drake or Carson I guess. If we do nothing Entiene will be our first pick and we’ll draft a cb from the central university of northern tech in round two.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I am not so much deflated about the off-season moves as I am deflated by how much we have to rely on free agency because our draft picks have not produced. How we haven’t drafted more CB’s to stockpile the position is beyond me.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I am not so much deflated about the off-season moves as I am deflated by how much we have to rely on free agency because our draft picks have not produced. How we haven’t drafted more CB’s to stockpile the position is beyond me.
This too. We have four CBs on the roster. Outside of Murphy and Alford, we have undrafted Jace Whittaker... and Picasso Nelson, who I was unaware we ever even signed. He doesn't even have a team photo. But at least he has a cool name.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Adding a legit center for the first time in 50 years alone leaves me ecstatic about next year. I hope you guys realize that we now have a chance at beating the Rams instead of getting pulverized by their pressure up the middle. Getting Jones back, with Simmons ready to kick butt, adding the leadership & playing ability of Watt, a real kicker in Prater, and a hungry future HOF WR & there is nothing to NOT like about this offseason. We also re-signed Beachum & Golden. Both are very good signings. We may add a CB & RB yet. For me, NOTHING to be upset about. Some of you guys should have been around when Bill Bidwill was running the show. Now, that was depressing.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I hope you guys realize that we now have a chance at beating the Rams instead of getting pulverized by their pressure up the middle.
Yes, instead of getting pulverized up the middle, Matthew Stafford will throw the ball to the tune of 800 yards and six TDs in two games against us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This too. We have four CBs on the roster. Outside of Murphy and Alford, we have undrafted Jace Whittaker... and Picasso Nelson, who I was unaware we ever even signed. He doesn't even have a team photo. But at least he has a cool name.

yeah man, you can't front of that name. It's pretty badass.

Reaction score

AJ Green is uninspiring.

I think aj green is going to be great in our offense...and signing matt prater was excellent.
I dont mind lising

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Adding a legit center for the first time in 50 years alone leaves me ecstatic about next year. I hope you guys realize that we now have a chance at beating the Rams instead of getting pulverized by their pressure up the middle. Getting Jones back, with Simmons ready to kick butt, adding the leadership & playing ability of Watt, a real kicker in Prater, and a hungry future HOF WR & there is nothing to NOT like about this offseason. We also re-signed Beachum & Golden. Both are very good signings. We may add a CB & RB yet. For me, NOTHING to be upset about. Some of you guys should have been around when Bill Bidwill was running the show. Now, that was depressing.
I remember the $ Bill days very well. There’s not enough alcohol in the world to flush those memories away.

I am happy with some of the moves we’ve made and I am excited for next season but I am legitimately concerned about who is going to be trotting out on the field as our cornerbacks.

relying on free agency to build your team every year is not sustainable. We have to start doing much better on the draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i think it's a pretty mediocre off-season, depending on old players finding a fountain of youth. Once the dust entirely settles, I'll probably talk myself into half-heartedly believing that if all the old guys injuries break our way we've got a shot.

but what I'm looking at is an older and slower defense, bwith no CBs right now, but if injuries don't derail them, they could be solid. And no speed at RB/TE/WR on offense, but with an upgraded offensive line and hopefully Kyler taking a leap towards unicorn status the entire year instead of 3/5s of it that propels the team forward and into the playoffs.
Not surprisingly you just described my view of the team. We have gotten much older this offseason. That’s a differentiator with the way the Rams handled a similar scenario, they traded for, or signed, established players in their primes not post-30 former stars.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, instead of getting pulverized up the middle, Matthew Stafford will throw the ball to the tune of 800 yards and six TDs in two games against us.

you do realize that's exactly what Goff basically did to us the last three years with PP, right?

Last two seasons, Goff through for 371 and 2 TDs this year, and 319 and 3 TDs/424 and 2 TDs in his last three games against us.

That's an average of 370 yards and 2TDs per game... with PP. So, again, what's the difference whether PP is there or not? They get torched with him on the field. Now at least we have 10 million more bucks to try and find someone who won't get embarassed, penalties and quit on plays.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's just the straw that broke the camel's back. We are going to have the worst secondary in the NFL in 2021, a year where we should be contending for a championship for Kyler.

I've been reading your stuff and conclude you were looking for the "straw" . :)

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
you do realize that's exactly what Goff basically did to us the last three years with PP, right?

Last two seasons, Goff through for 371 and 2 TDs this year, and 319 and 3 TDs/424 and 2 TDs in his last three games against us.

That's an average of 370 yards and 2TDs per game... with PP. So, again, what's the difference whether PP is there or not? They get torched with him on the field. Now at least we have 10 million more bucks to try and find someone who won't get embarassed, penalties and quit on plays.
I'm just scoffing at the fact that we're any better off against the Rams because of a center. It's not PP's fault the Rams eat our lunch, it's that the Rams are more talented as a whole and are better coached.

I don't think Peterson is the world beater he once was. What I do think is that people are going to be surprised by how much worse it can get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose