The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the TA patterns that form consolidations before big moves.. gme has been winding tight and holding support/moving averages since last Friday.
Gotcha, I figured it was the pattern that its priming to pop

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course GME is priming for an action packed day on an errand day. Going to be watching tickers while getting my teeth cleaned. this has potential to go on for a while but id like to sell high buy low on the next mini squeeze. been flirting with a $140 wall all morning and finally broke through

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, TSLA is just getting chopped down day after day. It still has a PE ratio of over 900 which is still over 23 times the S&P 500 average.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Roblox is coming this week, now I had no idea what this was until a week ago and apparently it’s just ridiculously huge with the kids.

45 bucks right out the gate is a lot. But to those that know is this a good jump on jump off buy. I would never invest long term in anything gaming

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Roblox is coming this week, now I had no idea what this was until a week ago and apparently it’s just ridiculously huge with the kids.

45 bucks right out the gate is a lot. But to those that know is this a good jump on jump off buy. I would never invest long term in anything gaming

Really? Gaming is a huge and growing industry. Supposedly global gaming is bigger than the global movie industry and the North American sports industry combined.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I've been wanting to add Financial exposure to my stock portfolio, but couldn't find the right company for the right price, so I just bought XLF to capture the entire sector.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ROBLOX prints money.

With that said, it doesnt interest me as something I am behind and a huge believer in. But, it has major potential. most kids 8-12 play roblox and buys robux any time then can.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
ROBLOX prints money.

With that said, it doesnt interest me as something I am behind and a huge believer in. But, it has major potential. most kids 8-12 play roblox and buys robux any time then can.

What always concerns me about game companies is that the market is so fickle and they're blockbuster driven. If they're relying on one game then they could literally be nothing in a couple of days if the kids see a new shinny.

holy crap GME

Nice! I'm still holding my 5 shares. Maybe I'll still end up in the black on them. :)

I'm wondering if I should buy a few more shares now. I might if we dip again. When the stimulus checks hit you know all of the WSB apes are going to buy more.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GME still has room to run..chart on multiple time frames setting up nicely.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What always concerns me about game companies is that the market is so fickle and they're blockbuster driven. If they're relying on one game then they could literally be nothing in a couple of days if the kids see a new shinny.

Nice! I'm still holding my 5 shares. Maybe I'll still end up in the black on them. :)

I'm wondering if I should buy a few more shares now. I might if we dip again. When the stimulus checks hit you know all of the WSB apes are going to buy more.

Roblox is not blockbuster driven. its crap games with crap graphics made by people and put into the roblox universe. It is its own entity and not like other gaming companies like activision. They have been on an upward trajectory financially for a long long time and its free to play across all platforms so it keeps bringing in more and more kids.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

My boys essentially lived in roblox for 3 years prior to Fortnite invading and taking over their brains.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ROBLOX prints money.

Yup for awhile robux were the primary currency in our house. I am not kidding when I say our boys wanted only that for their birthday - perfectly fine with no toys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Roblox is not blockbuster driven. its crap games with crap graphics made by people and put into the roblox universe. It is its own entity and not like other gaming companies like activision. They have been on an upward trajectory financially for a long long time and its free to play across all platforms so it keeps bringing in more and more kids.
Exactly - think less advanced version of Minecraft with user-created games popping up everywhere. There are innumerable youtubers who make six figure livings off roblox. It’s nuts.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Exactly - think less advanced version of Minecraft with user-created games popping up everywhere. There are innumerable youtubers who make six figure livings off roblox. It’s nuts.

Ok, now I'm feeling like a boomer even though I'm not one.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I'm feeling like a boomer even though I'm not one.
We probably only know so much because of having children. March 10th is close, plenty time to research before it goes ipo

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we moving into a period where value stocks are the new momentum plays?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
What are you guys' thoughts on the ARK ETFs? In general and specifically with ARKX about to launch. I've been thinking of parking some IRA money into it once it opens.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we moving into a period where value stocks are the new momentum plays?
Value looks to be a temporary catch-up trade/investment at the moment vs growth. We have a lot of long term relative strength resistance to maneuver through from my pov. But, no question...this has been a tremendous move in financials and energy for the past few months.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are you guys' thoughts on the ARK ETFs? In general and specifically with ARKX about to launch. I've been thinking of parking some IRA money into it once it opens.
If you believe in the growth of our economy over the next 5-10 years then being in strong growth etfs wont be a bad idea imo. You'll be subject to larger risk..but more reward obviously. In this volatile of a market, being prepared for large drawdowns (like weve seen in growth lately) should be expected. These dips are nice opportunities though if you are a believer in their allocation.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Cathie Wood is really smart, but the last 10 years of growth outperformance and the rise of the retail hype and momentum traders might have made her look smarter than she is. I think her funds are going to come back to Earth quite a bit after unbelievable returns on the back of TSLA and other high fliers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose