2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may not matter a lot in the above play but I bet the Nuggets spend a lot of time thinking about letting Jerami Grant walk.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It may not matter a lot in the above play but I bet the Nuggets spend a lot of time thinking about letting Jerami Grant walk.

You could just see he was right there during the bubble playoffs. The stuff he did was amazing at least for me, i appreciate hustle and defense. To be able to guard AD, block LeBron and other intangibles just had me like, this guy is going to be available and we need a 4. Still bummed we didnt get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could just see he was right there during the bubble playoffs. The stuff he did was amazing at least for me, i appreciate hustle and defense. To be able to guard AD, block LeBron and other intangibles just had me like, this guy is going to be available and we need a 4. Still bummed we didnt get him.

Yeah, Jerami Grant was my favorite free agent if the Suns were not going to keep Oubre.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah... losing him will be JJ-esque like the Suns in 2005, IMO. They will still be good moving forward, but he was the dynamic third piece that would have made them title contenders every year instead of pretenders they are now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah... losing him will be JJ-esque like the Suns in 2005, IMO. They will still be good moving forward, but he was the dynamic third piece that would have made them title contenders every year instead of pretenders they are now.

I liked Grant in free agency but I didn't believe he would be this good. He is a tall versatile defender who can play inside or outside. Grant would have looked good in a Suns uniform.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Durant will be out through All-Star Break.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Good for Domantas Sabonis.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Durant could only come back as a 3 & D guy and they’d be impossible to outscore let alone adding a top-10 all around offensive player ever.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melo Ball has 10 points in the first quarter. He's guarding Oubre, who has 13 points, 10 of them against Ball, all 10 on dunks. Ball switched out onto Steph once who beat him downcourt for a layup. He got caught another time on Wiggins, who backdoored him for a dunk. So of the 29 the Warriors have so far, 14 of them have been against Melo.

He made a 3 over Steph and started woofing, then Oubre ran downcourt got the pass and dunked while Melo wondered where his man was. Next time down Melo drove and missed a runner looking for a foul they ran it down and Wiseman got a dunk. Melo ran back, shot an airball 3 against oubre who then blew kisses and surprisingly didn' get a T.

Draymond has 8 assists in the first.

Don't get me wrong Melo is going to be a very good player but he is so bad on defense right now it's not funny. And Curry only has 2 points they're using him as a decoy or screener on most of their baskets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Grant wanted to be the man, and he got that in Detroit. It wasn't really that Denver let him walk. They made him big money offers but he wasn't going to move ahead of Jokic and Murray without having to really earn it on the floor, which he hadn't. So the idea Denver let him walk is a little.off.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant wanted to be the man, and he got that in Detroit. It wasn't really that Denver let him walk. They made him big money offers but he wasn't going to move ahead of Jokic and Murray without having to really earn it on the floor, which he hadn't. So the idea Denver let him walk is a little.off.

That's fair. How about, the Nuggets really miss Jerami Grant.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melo Ball has 10 points in the first quarter. He's guarding Oubre, who has 13 points, 10 of them against Ball, all 10 on dunks. Ball switched out onto Steph once who beat him downcourt for a layup. He got caught another time on Wiggins, who backdoored him for a dunk. So of the 29 the Warriors have so far, 14 of them have been against Melo.

He made a 3 over Steph and started woofing, then Oubre ran downcourt got the pass and dunked while Melo wondered where his man was. Next time down Melo drove and missed a runner looking for a foul they ran it down and Wiseman got a dunk. Melo ran back, shot an airball 3 against oubre who then blew kisses and surprisingly didn' get a T.

Draymond has 8 assists in the first.

Don't get me wrong Melo is going to be a very good player but he is so bad on defense right now it's not funny. And Curry only has 2 points they're using him as a decoy or screener on most of their baskets.

Oubre is starting to ball for that team. If he finds his role there and Klay is able to be Klay-ish next year, with another year of seasoning under Wisemen’s belt, that team can be right back to contender status with Stef/Klay/Oubre/Draymond/Wisemen starting. And they might have a great pick from Minnesota to dangle in trade to get even better.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre is starting to ball for that team. If he finds his role there and Klay is able to be Klay-ish next year, with another year of seasoning under Wisemen’s belt, that team can be right back to contender status with Stef/Klay/Oubre/Draymond/Wisemen starting. And they might have a great pick from Minnesota to dangle in trade to get even better.

He's going to be a free agent. His return to form is a bit of a double edged sword for them. They already have an insane 160+ million in salary committed for next year, it's going to be next to impossible for them to retain him unless he takes a serious discount.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going to be a free agent. His return to form is a bit of a double edged sword for them. They already have an insane 160+ million in salary committed for next year, it's going to be next to impossible for them to retain him unless he takes a serious discount.

that franchise will spend the money, unless he gets something ludicrous like a MAX deal from someone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bulls-Raptors game has been postponed.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant will be out through All-Star Break.

Good for Domantas Sabonis.

Ah. I wanted Sabonis so badly from that draft. But of course, if we had drafted him, we would have been roundly criticized for reaching and not trading down to get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. I wanted Sabonis so badly from that draft. But of course, if we had drafted him, we would have been roundly criticized for reaching and not trading down to get him.

He might have been better than Bender and Chriss. :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Only at the time of the draft, not once he showed who he is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only at the time of the draft, not once he showed who he is.

True but we were a weak team and a poorly run franchise, who knows how many chances he would have been given to show what he was capable of. He had a horrible rookie season for OKC, that might have been the end of him had he been playing for Phoenix. He took off shortly after being traded to Indiana the next year but that was also a much better run franchise than the Suns were.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True but we were a weak team and a poorly run franchise, who knows how many chances he would have been given to show what he was capable of. He had a horrible rookie season for OKC, that might have been the end of him had he been playing for Phoenix. He took off shortly after being traded to Indiana the next year but that was also a much better run franchise than the Suns were.
I hadn’t remembered how bad he looked as a rookie. That’s possible.

man do I salivate at the trajectory of his FTAs. 1-3-4-5-6 growth from season to season. Wish Ayton could do that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grant Riller is tearing it up in the g league.

Now that's a player!

Sorry I wanted to sound like a jerk.

How did I do?

I'm glad to hear about Riller.

We need to include Desmond Bane in the conversation too although he is with the Grizzlies.

Both were being promoted as possible draft choices for the Suns.