2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cleveland wants draft picks and Brooklyn won't have any to offer for at least a decade. I don't believe they have the salary to trade for Love either. They went all in for Harden and now lack size.
I’d send them future heavily protected picks for joe Harris and dinwiddie that they could flip for love/ javale

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d send them future heavily protected picks for joe Harris and dinwiddie that they could flip for love/ javale

I would too but we don't have salary to match. Check out the trade machine on ESPN, all we have our core players to trade salary wise until those signed this offseason can be dealt, like Crowder, Dario, or even Carter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would too but we don't have salary to match. Check out the trade machine on ESPN, all we have our core players to trade salary wise until those signed this offseason can be dealt, like Crowder, Dario, or even Carter.

You must be registered for see images attach
Okay that ideas gone. Crusher of dreams.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay that ideas gone. Crusher of dreams.

After seeing how awful Damien Jones was early on I started trying to see if the suns could make a trade for a backup big and that's when I learned we have no one available to trade.

I wish we picked up Kaminskys option this year just to have a 5 million dollar trade chip.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor is the Kings are shopping Nemanja Bjelica and his $7,150,000 expiring contract. He would improve the Suns big man depth. He has always been an efficient player.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor is the Kings are shopping Nemanja Bjelica and his $7,150,000 expiring contract. He would improve the Suns big man depth. He has always been an efficient player.

He could help but again, the Suns have no one to deal for him, and they don't have a trade exception either.

The only option to add someone that could help is trading away a member of the core (Cam, Mikal or Stix) or hoping someone hits the buyout market.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could help but again, the Suns have no one to deal for him, and they don't have a trade exception either.

The only option to add someone that could help is trading away a member of the core (Cam, Mikal or Stix) or hoping someone hits the buyout market.

I was only throwing it out there as an option not that I would do the trade. When eligible for trade, Carter and change would get the Suns there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was only throwing it out there as an option not that I would do the trade. When eligible for trade, Carter and change would get the Suns there.

I get it but I'd rather not trade Carter. He hasn't been as good as he was in the bubble but he help set a tone. His energy and intensity are infectious. We do need help upfront though.

I'd be in favor of signing Jonathan Motley to a two way deal. He was in camp and played in preseason. I think he's better than Jones and honestly it wouldn't hurt to take another look. He'd help some in the meantime before a deal can be made.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get it but I'd rather not trade Carter. He hasn't been as good as he was in the bubble but he help set a tone. His energy and intensity are infectious. We do need help upfront though.

I'd be in favor of signing Jonathan Motley to a two way deal. He was in camp and played in preseason. I think he's better than Jones and honestly it wouldn't hurt to take another look. He'd help some in the meantime before a deal can be made.

I thought Motley did a lot of things right even though it was preseason, then next thing you know it he was i think the first to be waived.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't do the trade either. Only wanted to throw a trade idea out there for a big man that was workable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news for Caris Levert.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I feel for the families of the innocent victims who lost their lives in the crash.

I see that Kobe's widow is initiating a mega-suit against the helicopter company.

We'll never know if Kobe told the pilot to turn around and he blew it off. Or if the
pilot did not consider doing so, but should have known better.

Or, on the other hand, if Kobe, as driven and invincible as he was, told the pilot to
continue, reminding him that that he was paying the bill and he called the shots.

Either scenario was possible. Again, no one will ever know. Any lawsuits should be
thrown out of court without proof.

I know we have attorneys posting to this site. What are the legalities?

However, from photos I saw of that helicopter design, the passenger seats were two
rows of long benches without seat belts in the cabin. For that they should be fined
heavily. Of course, it would have no bearing in this case of crashing into a mountain
in a thick fog and exploding.

Bottom line? It's a damn shame that people lost their lives because Kobe did not
want his daughter to miss a basketball game despite the heavy fog as reported.

I have visited a fraternity brother and his wife in nearby Westlake Village. And I
detoured many times onto the 134/101 at San Bernardino through Thousand Oaks
to avoid the traffic on the I-10 via L.A. IIRC, it is right near the Mount Baldy area.
A lot of mountains.

I can picture the low visibility as they approached the area. Driving the 134/101
on the ground was bad enough for me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose