New League year New thread. Around the NFL 2020-21.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
1m

After Packers’ CB Tramon Williams was elevated from Green Bay’s practice squad today, he now is on track to become the first NFL player in history to play for two different teams during the same postseason; Williams played this postseason for the Ravens, before signing w/ Packers

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trades can be arranged now, but they’re not official until March 17

With the Lions agreeing to try to trade quarterback Matthew Stafford and with Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson possibly asking for a trade of his own, it makes sense for an annual (or so) refresher on how trades work in January and February.

Teams can strike unofficial deals now; there’s nothing that prevents them from doing so. However, the deal won’t become official until the start of the new league year, on March 17, at 4:00 p.m. ET. That’s when both teams alert the league office to the trade.

And if one of the two teams decides not to proceed, the trade doesn’t happen — even if it’s widely reported that it will. While a renege would create real problems going forward for the team that doesn’t proceed, it can happen.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
20m

Seattle Seahawks want to interview Bills' QB coach Ken Dorsey for their OC job, per sources. Seahawks also have been speaking to Rams' pass-game coordinator Shane Waldron and Saints' QB coach Joe Lombardi about their OC job.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t dismiss the possibility that Aaron Rodgers will play elsewhere in 2021

No one would be considering the possibility today that Aaron Rodgers has played his final game in a yellow helmet with a G on each side if he hadn’t veered unprompted into a discussion about his uncertain future after Sunday’s season-ending loss to Tom Brady and the Buccaneers. Rodgers’ comments were sufficiently striking to cause multiple reporters who have covered the team for a long time to sense something ominous in his words.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t dismiss the possibility that Aaron Rodgers will play elsewhere in 2021

No one would be considering the possibility today that Aaron Rodgers has played his final game in a yellow helmet with a G on each side if he hadn’t veered unprompted into a discussion about his uncertain future after Sunday’s season-ending loss to Tom Brady and the Buccaneers. Rodgers’ comments were sufficiently striking to cause multiple reporters who have covered the team for a long time to sense something ominous in his words.
Well I guess he can retire but he is under contract and carries a hefty cap hit so short of that I cant see him going anywhere. Trade seems unlikely given the lower cap in 2021 and teams scrambling for budget.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well I guess he can retire but he is under contract and carries a hefty cap hit so short of that I cant see him going anywhere. Trade seems unlikely given the lower cap in 2021 and teams scrambling for budget.
It is obviously a long shot, but don't outright discount it. Green Bay may feel like they have tapped his talent and have gone as far as they can with him. They won't give him away, but if they feel they can get several pieces, I think they are more open than they advertise.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
2m

Replying to
@TomPelissero
and @PatMcAfeeShow Rodgers notes this is Day 2 after the season and he's around this week. "I am not like jetting out of town and ‘sayonara Green Bay’. There’s conversations to be had" with Brian Gutekunst, Mark Murphy, Matt LaFleur and he says they're the same conversations they have every year.