BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pair Brown with this guy

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting - There could be 5 QB's taken before our pick, which would give us one of the top 11 non QB players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There are quite a few needs so I don't see the FO forcing it. It will depend where things fall.

If I had to rank them right now it would be,

EDGE, CB, IOL, LB, TE, RB, WR

But Keim sucks at drafting so what does it matter?

Remember the 2019 draft which was the "best draft ever" and "Keim redeemed himself" and of the draft the only players that have done anything is Kyler and Murphy. And I'm still not convinced Murphy was worth the #33, even though he has got better recently.

Isabella is the waterboy now. Zach Allen is just a warm body (54 PFF grade for those who care). Butler is gone. Deionte Thompson is a backup. Keesean is 2nd last on the WR depth chart. Gaillard, Miles, Dogbe are fringe roster / PS players and Wilson is gone.

I no longer have any expectations of any player we draft except the first round pick.

I used to worry about positional value with our FRP but now I’m just hoping for a great player at any position. IDC if it’s RB, OG or ILB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to worry about positional value with our FRP but now I’m just hoping for a great player at any position. IDC if it’s RB, OG or ILB.

Me too. I spent most of last off season arguing against drafting CeeDee Lamb as we had much greater needs, but this team is so starved of top talent I'm just drafting anyone that has potential to be a stud. The only 2 positions we don't need top talent at is S and QB. (I also wouldn't take a RB in round 1 as I don't see value)

If one of the top WRs falls to 16, or there's a linebacker, guard, TE, CB or whatever thats considered the best at their position in the draft then take that guy. We have lots of ok guys, not enough stars.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If we could get a CB in round 1 and then Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey in round 2...... I would be happy.

Deonte Brown in rounds 3 or 4...... Even better.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For the Deonte Brown crowd. It will be his ability to engage in a block, disengage and then have the feet to slide over and block the blitzing or stunting player. The pulling aspect is almost never an issue with draftable college linemen.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m going Farley in round 1 , Olave in round 2.

But I have a feeling if Olave has a big game Monday, he’ll move into round 1.
It will be interesting to see who Surtain covers. Garret Wilson is another stud.

Yea I’m sold on Caleb Farley at 16

Sorry @Chopper0080

LOL

I will be here for the "Why isn't Vance Joseph playing Caleb Farley over Dre Kirkpatrick" threads in 9 months.

Another raw freak athlete for Vance to waste. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we could get a CB in round 1 and then Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey in round 2...... I would be happy.

Deonte Brown in rounds 3 or 4...... Even better.

Which CB? Other than Surtain who is surely gone I'm just not feeling it with any of the others.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL

I will be here for the "Why isn't Vance Joseph playing Caleb Farley over Dre Kirkpatrick" threads in 9 months.

Another raw freak athlete for Vance to waste. :)
He’s not raw though my man. He already has good technique & can play the ball in the air, & he’s only gonna get better. He’s not like a Derion Kendrick(he’s returning back to school now)

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thought of another rookie cb as starter is enough to give me nightmares after what happened with Murphy. Worse if P2 leaves & we have rookie start alongside a Dre Kirkpatrick or similar Keim time special :bang:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The thought of another rookie cb as starter is enough to give me nightmares after what happened with Murphy. Worse if P2 leaves & we have rookie start alongside a Dre Kirkpatrick or similar Keim time special :bang:

interestingly, the Cards will not be alone in the NFC West

almost certain this is true: Jalen Ramsey will be the only starting CB in the NFC west under contract going into the offseason

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We hope a "Planet Person" falls to us at #16 and draft him.

A planet person (a concept created by Giant GM George Young) picks up on the theory that "there are only so many players on the planet who are big enough or fast enough or strong enough" - & you do whatever it takes to get one of those.

It's kind of a refinement of a BPA drafting philosophy. Guys like Aaron Donald, Simmons, B Baker and PP21 (& K Murray) are planet people.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
When it comes to the first two rounds, I firmly believe in drafting guys with a high floor rather than picking guys with the highest ceiling. I think you have to minimize risk in the first two rounds make sure you get a guys that won't wash out. Take a risk and swing for the fences in later rounds.

Over emphasis on guys with a high ceiling, but not necessarily a high floor leads to drafting guys like Nkemdiche and Reddick.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When it comes to the first two rounds, I firmly believe in drafting guys with a high floor rather than picking guys with the highest ceiling. I think you have to minimize risk in the first two rounds make sure you get a guys that won't wash out. Take a risk and swing for the fences in later rounds.

Over emphasis on guys with a high ceiling, but not necessarily a high floor leads to drafting guys like Nkemdiche and Reddick.
Mmm, I guess keim started to draft with this criteria, getting al those prospects with higher pff grades, and didn't work as well, an example Isabella

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Two things stand out here for me, one how will he handle speed rushers at that weight and two wearing knee braces on both knees is not endearing to me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Two things stand out here for me, one how will he handle speed rushers at that weight and two wearing knee braces on both knees is not endearing to me.
@DVontel would know for sure re: Alabama but some colleges mandate their offensive linemen to wear knee braces.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

maybe tap the breaks on the Deonte Brown bandwagon

this drill is stacked against the offensive player, but still.....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Nice videos of D Brown. Laughing to myself right now visualizing Brown pulling and rounding the corner and seeing some DB (like Deonne Sanders) running up the stairs into the stands to get away from him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

maybe tap the breaks on the Deonte Brown bandwagon

this drill is stacked against the offensive player, but still.....
He doesn't have the agility to handle a 300lb player
Too heavy, can't play tackle for sure, he has to drop 30lb

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jaycee Horn - R1
Creed Humphrey - R2
Hunter Long - R3

All realistic of being at those spots. Would love it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose