Pick 16

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am scared to death counting on Jones next year. I am not sure I have it in me to count on him and Gaillard.

We honestly need an entirely new line...and we can't replace everyone in one year.

People are going to argue that our O-line is average, but if you go down the line there is not one guy that is "good" at their position. DJ Humphries put together two years of being "average at best" and we paid him 15+ million per year.

Jones was a 3rd round pick, so he should be able to start at RT. If he can't I would rather find out than waste his entire rookie deal. It would be nice to know we have 1, maybe 2 lineman to build around.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We honestly need an entirely new line...and we can't replace everyone in one year.

People are going to argue that our O-line is average, but if you go down the line there is not one guy that is "good" at their position. DJ Humphries put together two years of being "average at best" and we paid him 15+ million per year.

Jones was a 3rd round pick, so he should be able to start at RT. If he can't I would rather find out than waste his entire rookie deal. It would be nice to know we have 1, maybe 2 lineman to build around.
DJ is fine. Actually he was above average all year. Rest of the line needs to be rebuilt. Oooooohooooo, Keim is on it!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok with DJ, hopefully Jones at RT will be a plus, but both guards and especially center need massive upgrade

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DJ is fine. Actually he was above average all year. Rest of the line needs to be rebuilt. Oooooohooooo, Keim is on it!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DJ is our best lineman...I will give him that after firmly saying we should let him walk last offseason...but its not saying much.

He is an average LT, paid like a top tier LT. It is what it is, but its not like the position is a strength.

We should do what we can to strengthen the interior O Line this offseason, let DJ man LT for now, and hope we found a RT in Jones.

When DJ is up for signing again, who knows what our situation will be then, but lets hope we are in a position to let him walk and look for an upgrade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ is our best lineman...I will give him that after firmly saying we should let him walk last offseason...but its not saying much.

He is an average LT, paid like a top tier LT. It is what it is, but its not like the position is a strength.

We should do what we can to strengthen the interior O Line this offseason, let DJ man LT for now, and hope we found a RT in Jones.

When DJ is up for signing again, who knows what our situation will be then, but lets hope we are in a position to let him walk and look for an upgrade.

please do some homework he rated out as the 5th best LT in football he’s pretty damn good

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
please do some homework he rated out as the 5th best LT in football he’s pretty damn good

Dude, I have done more research on DJ Humphries over the years than I care to admit. We should have never resigned him.

He is a first round pick bust, that is barely over 50% games played in his career, and has never sniffed a pro-bowl or all pro team. He is Levi Brown...but whatever. We signed him out of fear, and now we have to live with it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, I have done more research on DJ Humphries over the years than I care to admit. We should have never resigned him.

He is a first round pick bust, that is barely over 50% games played in his career, and has never sniffed a pro-bowl or all pro team. He is Levi Brown...but whatever. We signed him out of fear, and now we have to live with it.

lol guys like you kill me.

you think A captain on this team who rates out as like 89 and a top 5 LT in the NFL is Levi Brown?

just might aswell scream I DONT KNOW FOOTBALL at the top of your lungs

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don’t want us drafting any WR go sign a proven one.

sign Brandon Scherff or Thuney

I dangle that 16 for a proven player. Quinnen Williams, Xavien Howard

I’m not interested in developing rookies next year the time is now.

let’s be realistic this was never our year. Next season is the year to be legit contenders.
I’d sign, maybe, Greg Ward...and coach bro already has a relationship with him...[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Restructuring Chandler Jones contract
Let p21 go
Tag or extending Reddick

Sign some second depth players from roster like 49ers,rams and Ravens

Guys like Verret or Ankhello Weatherspoon

Cutting Kennard and Hicks

Fitz likely retiring so some money can be used to fix our weakness (offensive line, defensive line, WR)

Play Simmons Tallejo and zeke turner in the middle , cheaper and faster

Trade Isabella for a 5th round pick

Get a legit returner and reliable kicker
Nobody is giving a pick for AI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who’s the best kicker in the country and take him in round 4

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who’s the best kicker in the country and take him in round 4
I think the kicker for the Miami Hurricanes is pretty accurate. At one time he couldn't miss. Jose Borregales. He's really good over 40 yards. Nailed a 57 yarder against Louisville.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Restructuring Chandler Jones contract
Let p21 go
Tag or extending Reddick

Sign some second depth players from roster like 49ers,rams and Ravens

Guys like Verret or Ankhello Weatherspoon

Cutting Kennard and Hicks

Fitz likely retiring so some money can be used to fix our weakness (offensive line, defensive line, WR)

Play Simmons Tallejo and zeke turner in the middle , cheaper and faster

Trade Isabella for a 5th round pick

Get a legit returner and reliable kicker

Great starting point. I hope we can upgrade at TE as well.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
lol guys like you kill me.

you think A captain on this team who rates out as like 89 and a top 5 LT in the NFL is Levi Brown?

just might aswell scream I DONT KNOW FOOTBALL at the top of your lungs

Look at his entire career. Its not even a question. He is average at best.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at his entire career. Its not even a question. He is average at best.

Steph Curry just dropped 62 points last night but if you look at the start of his career you would think he wasn’t anything special because his body wasn’t ready for the NBA.

Arron Rodgers started his career on the bench

it’s called “developing” I know odd. What a concept.

just stop.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steph Curry just dropped 62 points last night but if you look at the start of his career you would think he wasn’t anything special because his body wasn’t ready for the NBA.

Arron Rodgers started his career on the bench

it’s called “developing” I know odd. What a concept.

just stop.

No man. DJ was a first round pick who couldnt even sniff the field his rookie year...not that he played and wasn't ready...he couldn't even work as a backup or get on the field when other players were injured. That is EXTREMELY unusual for a non QB to not even sniff the field for an entire rookie year.

Then DJ started at RT, and graded poorly. Then switched to LT, and graded poorly....all well missing tons of games.

Last year he graded poorly, but everyone kept hyping on "He only gave up 2 sacks"...even though he gave up about 10000 pressures.

This year he played decently well. This is the first year out of his entire career he played like a LT that we couldn't replace with someone off the street.

I hope he continues to get better, but to act like he IS and HAS BEEN a "good" LT is just false. There is no metric besides blind homerism that grades DJ Hump for his entire career as anything but a disappointment.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No man. DJ was a first round pick who couldnt even sniff the field his rookie year...not that he played and wasn't ready...he couldn't even work as a backup or get on the field when other players were injured. That is EXTREMELY unusual for a non QB to not even sniff the field for an entire rookie year.

Then DJ started at RT, and graded poorly. Then switched to LT, and graded poorly....all well missing tons of games.

Last year he graded poorly, but everyone kept hyping on "He only gave up 2 sacks"...even though he gave up about 10000 pressures.

This year he played decently well. This is the first year out of his entire career he played like a LT that we couldn't replace with someone off the street.

I hope he continues to get better, but to act like he IS and HAS BEEN a "good" LT is just false. There is no metric besides blind homerism that grades DJ Hump for his entire career as anything but a disappointment.

He must have taken your girl. Listen bud there plenty of fish in the sea. You’ll find someone who loves you for you one day just gotta hang in there.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He must have taken your girl. Listen bud there plenty of fish in the sea. You’ll find someone who loves you for you one day just gotta hang in there.

Awesome post man. Really made a great point.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It has to be OL or CB and you might actually have to trade up for either one. There are only 3 CBs and 2 OL I would take at 17. I am not yet sold on Wyatt Davis at 17 unless he shows up big physically vs Alabama. That is his test for me because Alabama DTs have NFL type strength.
Alijah Vera-Tucker?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kyler gets knocked out of another game Rondale Moore doesn't matter. None of it matters. It is OL or trade back and take OL IMO. Now free agency may change things but I doubt it.
People cant forget the play before the injury. Run up the middle that resulted in -3 yards setting up a 3rd and long.

We have to fix the interior.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson