Wanted: A REAL Offensive Coordinator-apply AZ Cardinals

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree but the coaches you mention have a substantial pedigree in the NFL. So given enough time KK will get better at it. In the mean time why not give him some assistance, until it all slows down for him?
I thought he had assistance with TC? He was supposed to mesh the air raid with NFL concepts, this play in the air raid could work in the NFL if you do this this & this etc etc. Look how that turned out lol. I hope KK reinvents his playbook in the offseason?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best explanation of the Air Raid offense I've heard. It fits what I've seen on the field. Drafting another wide receiver in 2020 may have been more important than most folks realized. The logical outcome is that this experiment will fail or changes will be made. Have you seen any hope for the latter?
Another stud WR will help. That and a consistent Kirk but I really don't see anything changing with Kirk anytime soon. This should've been his breakout year but it didn't happen.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2020 (Offence)

pass yds: 4102 (16) - 16 (suckier) including 6 playoff teams

pass TDs: 27 (13) - 19 (suckier) including 6 playoff teams

sacks: 29 (11) - 21 (suckier) including 6 playoff teams

rush yds: 2237 (7) - 25 (suckier) including 10 playoff teams

rush yds: (per carry) 4.7 (8) - 24 (suckier) including 9 playoff teams

Rush TDs: 22 (4) - 28 (suckier) including 10 playoff teams

TOTAL TDs: 49 (8) - 24 (suckier) including 3 playoff teams

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another stud WR will help. That and a consistent Kirk but I really don't see anything changing with Kirk anytime soon. This should've been his breakout year but it didn't happen.

Kirk isn't the problem. He really isn't. There are a number of things holding him back. The scheme is trash. His route tree is limited to mostly go/post, curls at the sticks or passes in the flat for screens or off motion. Like Nuk he's kept predominantly in one position so they don't move him about to help match ups.

Combine this with Kyler struggling to read defenses and missing several opportunities to Kirk where he should be the first read, or just missing he's open.

I have no idea whether Kirk could produce much more or not because he's playing in handcuffs in this system.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Only if we know how to use him properly. NUK had a good year but it could have been so much better.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kirk isn't the problem. He really isn't. There are a number of things holding him back. The scheme is trash. His route tree is limited to mostly go/post, curls at the sticks or passes in the flat for screens or off motion. Like Nuk he's kept predominantly in one position so they don't move him about to help match ups.

Combine this with Kyler struggling to read defenses and missing several opportunities to Kirk where he should be the first read, or just missing he's open.

I have no idea whether Kirk could produce much more or not because he's playing in handcuffs in this system.
The missed opportunities are a product of KM not being put under center with a play fake, rollout & no DL to see over. That would allow him to see downfield better for sure. Coupled with the fact our interior OL sucks green donkey ass lol. Constant pressure in his face up the middle. He could see those opportunities downfield if he wasn't getting so much pressure.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Christian Kirk ain’t it.

I wanted to believe, but that drop against New England sealed the decision for me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Christian Kirk ain’t it.

I wanted to believe, but that drop against New England sealed the decision for me.
Tough to make any sort of differing argument. He is worthy of a roster spot but I am not counting on him as a #2 WR option. He is a sub player until he shows to be something else.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may not be trendy but I'd be please with Jim Caldwell. He's an underrated coach and has a tonne of experience to take some things off Kliffs hands on the game management side.