OT: How to watch the Suns game this Saturday?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Suns.com when looking for the Suns schedule I can't seem to get by the Suns Gorilla.

I'm not entertained.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may try that with VPN. Now that I have NBATV. Like I said, you actually miss games if they are on NNBATV because they won't play them on the Ticket!
Does the vpn get you around blacked out games?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is what I want to know. Is it based on IP address or billing address? I wouldn't mind paying for LP if I could actually get Suns games, but no way am I going back to cable.

Hopefully the next broadcasting deals the NBA has reflect which century we are actually in.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It used to work for me. But I last used this technique in Bullhead City AZ about two years ago and they started blocking you from watching it with a VPN

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I still pay nearly $200/month for Cox. I just can’t cut them out despite getting completely **** every month. There doesn’t seem to be a perfect way to get everything you want streamed without it being super complicated.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still pay nearly $200/month for Cox. I just can’t cut them out despite getting completely **** every month. There doesn’t seem to be a perfect way to get everything you want streamed without it being super complicated.

I'm sort of waiting to see if DISH and DirecTV merge. I don't have access to Cox.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been looking into this and here is what the options are.

For streaming its AT&T now - $80 a month - that's the only one.

You can get it through cox of course.

It is very very unlikely Youtube or Hulu are going to pick up the channels again because sinclair is going to offer them themselves - but they are not planning on having this service available till the start of baseball season - so don't count on this for this NBA season.

With league pass my understanding is games are blocked out live, but are available the next day. The other option is you can get a VPN and buy an international version of league pass with no blackouts - supposedly the India version is just $15 bucks - but I saw some comments the picture quality was not too good.

Streams like from the link above are the only other way to go which I have used before and are of not so great quality - but this is probably the option I will be going with at least to begin with. You can pull them up on your Ipad or phone and cast it to your TV is the best way I have found to use them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm sort of waiting to see if DISH and DirecTV merge. I don't have access to Cox.
They won't. Why would you think that? If anything, Directv will become the satellite arm of AT&T (which is what it is already), and Dish will simply go away and just be Sling moving forward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Both are obsolete at this point. Streaming TV just makes way more sense.

Most likely both will just go out of business.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They won't. Why would you think that? If anything, Directv will become the satellite arm of AT&T (which is what it is already), and Dish will simply go away and just be Sling moving forward.

There are several articles out there because there is no growth in the market.

From By Josh Kosman October 6, 2020 | 5:36pm | Updated New York Post:

AT&T is pressing ahead with an auction of DirecTV — and it’s shaping up to be a fire sale.

The telecom giant last week invited a handful of suitors into the second round of an auction of the struggling satellite-TV broadcaster, even though first-round bids had valued DirecTV at well below $20 billion, The Post has learned.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/att-pushes-ahead-with-auction-of-directv-despite-lowball-bids/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are obsolete at this point. Streaming TV just makes way more sense.

Most likely both will just go out of business.

I think there is enough business for at least one of Dish or DirecTV to remain in the market.

I've noticed as the cost of streaming increases there may be a point where the cost of satellite services may be about the same.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think there is enough business for at least one of Dish or DirecTV to remain in the market.

I've noticed as the cost of streaming increases there may be a point where the cost of satellite services may be about the same.

Not for long. 5G is going to change everything. As soon as it's widely available nobody will want a satellite dish.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

No there won't. Satellite is old school and will go away. Hell, it's going to go away for transmission too.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for long. 5G is going to change everything. As soon as it's widely available nobody will want a satellite dish.

I'm a free agent so to speak as my contract expired with DirecTV expired long ago.

When it's no longer convenient or cost effective I will switch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My job is actually in this field (broadcast and streaming television). Satellite will go away sooner than you think. Even our network is now on a hybrid satellite/Cloud playout system. Sooner or later, everyone is going all Cloud.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No there won't. Satellite is old school and will go away. Hell, it's going to go away for transmission too.

As long as DirecTV can provide FSAZ at a reasonable price, I will keep it until something better comes along.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My job is actually in this field (broadcast and streaming television). Satellite will go away sooner than you think. Even our network is now on a hybrid satellite/Cloud playout system. Sooner or later, everyone is going all Cloud.

So will this be delivered through a phone line? The telephone company in my area is really investing in this technology.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Where is Sunday ticket going to land?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So will this be delivered through a phone line? The telephone company in my area is really investing in this technology.
However you get your internet. DSL is through Phone Lines, and I don't know many people who are still using DSL. So it would still be through a cable modem. It's all internet based.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Where is Sunday ticket going to land?
If UVerse doesn't get it (they are the same company as Directv is after all), then it will just go to the highest bidder, and likely a streaming service. Amazon might have the inside track since they have the Thursday night setup already.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However you get your internet. DSL is through Phone Lines, and I don't know many people who are still using DSL. So it would still be through a cable modem. It's all internet based.

I'm still getting internet services through a phone line but the telephone company (primary a land line company) is installing a lot of larger boxes in the area. Supposedly the feed will come from a cell tower and go through the phone lines. I'm waiting to see how it all shakes out.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are several articles out there because there is no growth in the market.

From By Josh Kosman October 6, 2020 | 5:36pm | Updated New York Post:

AT&T is pressing ahead with an auction of DirecTV — and it’s shaping up to be a fire sale.

The telecom giant last week invited a handful of suitors into the second round of an auction of the struggling satellite-TV broadcaster, even though first-round bids had valued DirecTV at well below $20 billion, The Post has learned.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/att-pushes-ahead-with-auction-of-directv-despite-lowball-bids/

Correct. There is not a large enough client base for two satellite tv providers now that streaming has taken off. It's very similar to Sirius and XM except Satellite tv is nearing the end of its lifecycle.

AT&T has been cannibalizing Direct TV and wants to spin it off.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not going to back to cable or satellite and I live in Phoenix so it looks like watching game summaries on YouTube is my only option. The NBA is so backward. Blackouts during a pandemic when attending games is not possible seems so stupid.

I would have NBA.com games if not for the blackouts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not going to back to cable or satellite and I live in Phoenix so it looks like watching game summaries on YouTube is my only option. The NBA is so backward. Blackouts during a pandemic when attending games is not possible seems so stupid.

I would have NBA.com games if not for the blackouts.

you don’t have Hulu?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard