Free Agency 2020

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I just don't see the Suns having two two way players. Unless Savor just gave the keys to Jones........
At this point it seems clear that Sarver is cool with the spending, but I would be shocked if he will allow Jones to go into the luxury tax territory.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point it seems clear that Sarver is cool with the spending, but I would be shocked if he will allow Jones to go into the luxury tax territory.
I doubt Sarver will go into the lux tax, and really I don't blame him if he chooses not to. He cannot afford to run his team into the ground financially. I do not think its a wise business model for the NBA. Smaller market teams have to learn how to run a team with financial responsibility. Throwing financial caution wind is what led to Colangelo selling the Diamondbacks (and the Suns). Well maybe . . .

He might go over just a bit when it is clear that title contention is in view.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Suns having depth at wing my guess the signing is for camp.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hasan Whiteside goes to the Kings.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Wood signs for 3 years and $41 million with Rockets.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Quite the offseason for the Hawks.

Their roster looks loaded.

It looks to me like Atl, Lakers, and the Suns have had the three best off-seasons.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks to me like Atl, Lakers, and the Suns have had the three best off-seasons.

im in the minority here, but I don’t think the lakers got all that better.

LeBald is older.
Adding the 6th man was good.

I’d take Howard over Gasol right now. Gasol has seen better days.

Rondo was huge for them and is now gone.

The rest is a wash.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LeBald is older.

The rest is a wash.

montrez Harrell over Javal McGee is hardly a wash.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, adding the sixth man was good. We shall see if he can sustain that output.

oh... but you ignored also adding Schroeder who was the runner up to sixth man of the year.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh... but you ignored also adding Schroeder who was the runner up to sixth man of the year.

I forgot about him. Shroeder and Harrel both averaged about 18-19 per game. There’s still KCP, Kuzma and Caruso they’ll being fighting for minutes and points. It would be interesting to see how that plays out. I see Harrels game fitting into the Lakers, but shroeder has yet to produce results like Rondo has.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

LeBald is older.

The rest is a wash.
The Lakers got better and YOUNGER to fit the AD age timeline without using their major trade chip, Kuzma and have more financial flexibility than ever. They had easily the best NBA off season- especially just coming off a championship.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers got better and YOUNGER to fit the AD age timeline without using their major trade chip, Kuzma and have more financial flexibility than ever. They had easily the best NBA off season- especially just coming off a championship.

Younger, better and have the most financial flexibility the Lakers have ever had? That's fan speak, perfect for the Lakers forum. Here, it's just begging to be mocked. But I won't.

The Lakers had a very good offseason especially since they did it from the position of reigning champion and it was arguably one of the best in the league. They didn't hurt themselves financially by any means but where they stand in that regard will have a lot to do with what Davis decides to do.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Younger, better and have the most financial flexibility the Lakers have ever had? That's fan speak, perfect for the Lakers forum. Here, it's just begging to be mocked. But I won't.

The Lakers had a very good offseason especially since they did it from the position of reigning champion and it was arguably one of the best in the league. They didn't hurt themselves financially by any means but where they stand in that regard will have a lot to do with what Davis decides to do.
You’re right...LA born and bred so my first loyalty is to the Lakers. I follow, watch and hope the Suns do well because I live here and enjoy the local slant. I think this upcoming season will be both interesting and enjoyable.