More happening?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Not that I'm advocating for it, but there would probably be a way to use the cap space (plus some outgoing salary) to absorb Griffin, then do Paul as a straight over-the-cap trade.
I’m sure there’s a way. Just seems like it would be really hard to do. I actually thought a guy like BG would’ve been perfect for the team last year. He can handle the ball, has expanded his range and is a really good passing big man. Of course now he has been dealing with knee issues which for an athlete like him is scary. We know how that feels dealing with Amare for all those years though he lasted much longer than we all probably expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's no way anyone would be that excited about Ibaka.

I like him, but he's far past his sell-by date. Solid veteran, but not someone to go nuts over.
I would go nuts over ibaka bc of what he represents to this team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
okay. I think you’re wrong. I think that’s a deep and versatile team... with a superstar in Booker, two stars with Paul and Ayton then depth, size and shooting up and down the roster. A team that’s something akin to the 2004/2005 Pistons.
Yup. That’s something we’ve been talking about. The general trend is star-driven championship teams. But every now and again you have that perfectly balanced talented team with depth that wins it all. Both pistons teams fell into the category as did the Dallas team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like no PJ Tucker since the Rockets traded there pick

Galo is being rumored in a sign and trade with the Mavs

and the Clippers just traded for Kennard

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looks like no PJ Tucker since the Rockets traded there pick

Galo is being rumored in a sign and trade with the Mavs

and the Clippers just traded for Kennard

I consider Tucker and Kennard to be bullets dodged. And we knew we weren't getting Gallo. We really need to find a way to get a starting power forward, even if he is just a stop-gap until Jalen Smith develops.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I consider Tucker and Kennard to be bullets dodged. And we knew we weren't getting Gallo. We really need to find a way to get a starting power forward, even if he is just a stop-gap until Jalen Smith develops.
Dario Saric or Frank Kaminsky is what it is looking like.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

he is your starting PF

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dario Saric or Frank Kaminsky is what it is looking like.

We already know that doesn't work at all. Saric is okay as a back-up 4/5 but is awful as a starting 4, and the only other available 4 that is worse than Kaminsky is Carmelo Anthony.

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
We already know that doesn't work at all. Saric is okay as a back-up 4/5 but is awful as a starting 4, and the only other available 4 that is worse than Kaminsky is Carmelo Anthony.

You must be registered for see images attach

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Certainly not Smith he can’t guard 4’s (at least not yet). Jones shouldn’t be finished yet with FA still to come.

Best case scenario, Smith is 2-3 years away from starting. He has some developing to do. Our bench at the 4/5 should be fine with Saric, Smith and Cam, though we could use a beefy back-up for match-up purposes.

The problem is we still need a starting 4, a back-up 2 and a back-up 3, and we only have the MLE and BAE available.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Certainly not Smith he can’t guard 4’s (at least not yet). Jones shouldn’t be finished yet with FA still to come.
Saric can't guard 3's, so there's that! LOL! We switch a lot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You're ignoring the other end of the floor, which is where we really need help. Carmelo and Kaminsky are two of the worst defenders, if not THE two worst defenders, at the power forward position in the NBA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam is the starting PF.

If that holds, I have us finishing 9th or 10th in the West, even if Paul remains healthy. Cam is NOT an NBA starter. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Best case scenario, Smith is 2-3 years away from starting. He has some developing to do. Our bench at the 4/5 should be fine with Saric, Smith and Cam, though we could use a beefy back-up for match-up purposes.

The problem is we still need a starting 4, a back-up 2 and a back-up 3, and we only have the MLE and BAE available.
I think that Bridges and Cam Johnson are the starters. That may change if they pull a Griffin out of their hat with the MLE.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If that holds, I have us finishing 9th or 10th in the West, even if Paul remains healthy. Cam is NOT an NBA starter. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
So the Jump Had us at #5 in the west with Cam listed as our PF, just saying.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

bro if you think they drafted this kid to wait 2-3 years your kidding yourself. This is a high floor/ low ceiling guy. He’s never going to develop into a monster he’s a role player and more than likely going to be the starting 4

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think that Bridges and Cam Johnson are the starters. That may change if they pull a Griffin out of their hat with the MLE.

That starting combo won't finish above .500, even with a healthy Paul. They can't just take the bubble team and substitute Paul for Rubio and expect that to work over a full season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is your starting PF

pathetic if true. If this team doesn’t use the MLE to go for at least one more serviceable, the Chris Paul move will be totally halfassed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need scoring off the bench.

Dario ain't going to get it done by himself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson