CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Suns traded two starters and a first round pick for one starter.

Lots of ground to be made up without many assets except the 10th pick.

They traded two average players and a late first rounder .... for a perenial All Star pg who will bring in a ton of experience and put us over the hump by getting the best out of the rest of the players. More importantly Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The fact that you could do that is kind of my point. Because it’s not a very common thing to come straight from high school and turn into a great player. Therefor it’s easy to remember the ones that did it.
Amare, Lebron, Dwight, Thad Young, O’Neal, Stephen Jackson, al Harrington, Rasheed Lewis, Tyson chandler, Kendrick Perkins, al Jefferson, josh smith, jr smith, Bynum, monta Ellis, Lou Williams, anfernee Simmons.

that’s quite a few players straight from high school.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Amare, Lebron, Dwight, Thad Young, O’Neal, Stephen Jackson, al Harrington, Rasheed Lewis, Tyson chandler, Kendrick Perkins, al Jefferson, josh smith, jr smith, Bynum, monta Ellis, Lou Williams, anfernee Simmons.

I admitted my being wrong earlier in the thread.

There have been about 45 players straight from high school and a good amount of them were at a minimum solid NBA players.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Think I was actually wrong about draft success for high school players.

Here is a list of the 45 players drafted out of high school and to be fair it is pretty full of at least solid NBA players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_high_school_draftees#:~:text=There have been 45 high,2002 draftee Amar'e Stoudemire.
At least it’s strong enough not to dismiss them altogether. They seem to be boom or bust though. Very few long term average players like Gerald green.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I admitted my being wrong earlier in the thread.

There have been about 45 players straight from high school and a good amount of them were at a minimum solid NBA players.
Just saw that. If there’s even 3 or 4 good high school players from that draft it’s likely a really good draft.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Uh Kobe and KG also

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
so, cap wise, we're in a position to sign Saric AND use the MLE (9 million per year) and veteran's exception (3 million per), right? They really need another big body. question is who can you convince to come here for 9 million for a couple seasons?

What do we have to do to sign Ibaka for $9m for two years? Ownership stake?? Free Pizzeria Bianco for life??? Free membership to Whisper Rock???

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They traded two average players and a late first rounder .... for a perenial All Star pg who will bring in a ton of experience and put us over the hump by getting the best out of the rest of the players. More importantly Ayton.

There is a way to say this without taking away from the contributions of Oubre and Rubio. Calling them average takes away from what they brought to the team and minimizes their value. Also without these two players Chris Paul would not be a Phoenix Sun.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
There is a way to say this without taking away from the contributions of Oubre and Rubio.
I mean he didn't say they were bad. That being said I would say Rubio was a little above average and Oubre (as fun as he can be) isn't much more than an average starter at best.

Paul is definitely the best player in the trade and should make us better instantly.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
24 more minutes than Devin Booker :D

I mean he averaged 15+mpg on a playoff team. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be all world but he should be in the rotation. Maybe less so when the rotations tighten in the playoffs.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean he averaged 15+mpg on a playoff team. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be all world but he should be in the rotation. Maybe less so when the rotations tighten in the playoffs.

Willing to give him a shot. Sometimes after a trade players blossom, heres to some of that luck.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Willing to give him a shot. Sometimes after a trade players blossom, heres to some of that luck.

The Suns had that with Oubre, and chose to toss him away for what he had been, rather that value him for what he had become. Not a good precedent.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns had that with Oubre, and chose to toss him away for what he had been, rather that value him for what he had become. Not a good precedent.

what did he become? You don’t pay a player a ton of money just cause you think he’s a good guy.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They had Mikal and Cam. Oubre's departure gives them more minutes. Oubre is a good player but giving Mikal more minutes is better for the defense and offensive flow. We saw that in the bubble. Mikal had surpassed Oubre and Oubre was going to have to come off the bench. That had already been decided (can't remember where I heard that). So now they got value for Oubre. I am fine with that.

They basically turned Ariza into Chris Paul. Not sure that is throwing him away.

Edit: Rethinking that last statement. Ariza for Oubre, TJ Warren traded away for space to sign Rubio, and a couple late first round picks (Jerome and the future #1). I overstated.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
what did he become? You don’t pay a player a ton of money just cause you think he’s a good guy.

The overvaluing of his vibe and the fashion show stuff may have made for a fun environment, but I can't wait for that fun to be over with CP. It's all about winning now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cmon Eric that’s not an accurate description. They developed three players at the wing at the same time so they had some redundancy. They used him to upgrade a position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard