CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Trying to take a positive spin on this, hopefully this means Jones isn't reaching for Bane with the 10th pick. It's pretty darn clear that the pick needs to be a power forward at this point.

It looks like he has the measurables to play spot minutes at both the 2 and the 3 if needed.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Except Paul literally just proved you wrong.

Feel badly for Ricky and oubre as they seemingly enjoyed playing here.
Ill say it again Phoenix wasn't Paul's first choice. Paul is an old PG with limited options. Paul just needed a sucker to pay him. Mission accomplished.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wanted to take one more thing from Kellan Olson's article at Arizona Sports:

From the article:

The Suns quietly outscored teams by 7.3 points per 100 possessions when Rubio and Booker were on the court last season, the fourth-best mark for a starting backcourt that logged at least 1,000 minutes. Rubio was never the problem.

https://arizonasports.com/story/245...-top-tier-help-pushes-suns-into-win-now-mode/

As one can see, Booker and Rubio were an effective combination.
This is a narrow minded view. No one said Rubio was a “problem” but that Chris was an upgrade. Also, when book sits Chris can carry an offense. Wouldn’t say that’s a strong suit of rubio’s.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ill say it again Phoenix wasn't Paul's first choice. Paul is an old PG with limited options. Paul just needed a sucker to pay him. Mission accomplished.
He’s got a contract. He was getting paid no matter what. He chose the suns. You lost that argument. Just accept and move on.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on Main, that is one of the worst ways to look at it. If we traded for Giannis getting rid of Oubre/Rubio and a first rounder, would you generalize like that?
Correct. Because of Mikal's development, Oubre was going to come off of the bench. Not a starter. First round pick is overrated because it will be late, even in a good draft, and it has protections. Good grief, when have the Suns EVER traded a first-rounder and got protections? Its almost shocking that they finally did it.

I just like the chemistry with Rubio on this team and I am really concerned about Paul's age. I would not have pulled the trigger on this, but I am not going to gripe about it either. I am going to root for CP3 to remain healthy and that I am proven wrong.

Doing the deal now and operating over the cap actually might save the team some money AND allow them to keep Saric or Baynes. Not sure on the details of how that works. If they really want Gallo and he wants to be here, I am sure there is a way to work that out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We disagree about a lot of things. But I think it’s a minor miracle we haven’t ever blocked each other. Gluttons for punishment I guess.

Blocking each other would take the fun out of it!

also, even though we vehemently disagree at times, I don't think either us thinks the other is a bad person or anything like that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct. Because of Mikal's development, Oubre was going to come off of the bench. Not a starter. First round pick is overrated because it will be late, even in a good draft, and it has protections. Good grief, when have the Suns EVER traded a first-rounder and got protections? Its almost shocking that they finally did it.

I just like the chemistry with Rubio on this team and I am really concerned about Paul's age. I would not have pulled the trigger on this, but I am not going to gripe about it either. I am going to root for CP3 to remain healthy and that I am proven wrong.

Doing the deal now and operating over the cap actually might save the team some money AND allow them to keep Saric or Baynes. Not sure on the details of how that works. If they really want Gallo and he wants to be here, I am sure there is a way to work that out.

so, cap wise, we're in a position to sign Saric AND use the MLE (9 million per year) and veteran's exception (3 million per), right? They really need another big body. question is who can you convince to come here for 9 million for a couple seasons?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so, cap wise, we're in a position to sign Saric AND use the MLE (9 million per year) and veteran's exception (3 million per), right? They really need another big body. question is who can you convince to come here for 9 million for a couple seasons?
Jeremi Grant?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Not anyone nearly as good as whom you could have convinced to come here for $14-18 million per season.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Or they become Kobe, McGrady, KG . . .
Well yeah. Never said they never pan out. That being said you just named 3 players out of how many guys being drafted out of high school?

I also added the caveat of especially outside of the lottery which all of those guys were lottery picks.

Also if I remember correctly back when those guys were drafted you only went straight to the NBA if you are a really good prospect and therefor most guys would opt for college anyways. I could see that working very differently nowadays.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
out of our price range. My guess is it’s an old guy like Paul Milsap. Which will be u derwhelming.

If we're lucky. It's looking more and more like we're stuck with Cam and Saric at the 4...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison