Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing with Mikal is that he's great without being an elite athlete. The guys arms are so freaking long, it makes up more than enough for any lack of athleticism.

But let's not mistake, you don't have to be an "elite" athlete to be a star in this league.

Ok.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mikal about to go on a run of all-defense teams and clowns here arguing he isn’t an elite athlete

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
okay, well that’s stupid.
I don't know. That 17m-18m figure was only if they renounced everyone. Now they can bring everyone back and still sign a 10m per year player. I think had they gone the route of opening the cap space it would have left them too thin and I'm not sure anyone in that price range is worth risking the depth for.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know. That 17m-18m figure was only if they renounced everyone. Now they can bring everyone back and still sign a 10m per year player. I think had they gone the route of opening the cap space it would have left them too thin and I'm not sure anyone in that price range is worth risking the depth for.
That's the question I'd like to see clarified.

It would also be predicated on whether Sarver is willing to spend. If he is, that would be BIG deal.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah makes sense. Essentially once you renounce guys like Saric you can no longer sign them when your already over the cap.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's the question I'd like to see clarified.

It would also be predicated on whether Sarver is willing to spend. If he is, that would be BIG deal.

I mean that 17m figure definitely means we lose Saric and Baynes, maybe even Carter(haven't done the math). So it's really a question of if you would rather have Saric(and possibly Baynes) and a 10m per player(plus additional BAE if needed) or lose all those guys and get someone at 17m.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I mean that 17m figure definitely means we lose Saric and Baynes, maybe even Carter(haven't done the math). So it's really a question of if you would rather have Saric(and possibly Baynes) and a 10m per player(plus additional BAE if needed) or lose all those guys and get someone at 17m.
And in this climate in this year, who would be WORTH 17m to replace all those guys we'd have to renounce?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Oubre our third string SG?

Suns traded two starters and a first round pick for one starter.

Lots of ground to be made up without many assets except the 10th pick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Come on Main, that is one of the worst ways to look at it. If we traded for Giannis getting rid of Oubre/Rubio and a first rounder, would you generalize like that?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

By their own admission they no longer saw Oubre as a starter for them going forward.

Therefor they traded a starting PG for an upgrade at that position and sent out a solid bench player and a future pick to make it happen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Main, that is one of the worst ways to look at it. If we traded for Giannis getting rid of Oubre/Rubio and a first rounder, would you generalize like that?

If the Suns had traded for Giannis I would be jumping up and down with jubilation with the trade. I would have even sweetened it considerably.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal about to go on a run of all-defense teams and clowns here arguing he isn’t an elite athlete

you can be a good defender, hell even a great defender, while not being an elite athlete.

why that is so hard for you to understand is beyond me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you can be a good defender, hell even a great defender, while not being an elite athlete.

why that is so hard for you to understand is beyond me.

Yup. Ironically, Exhibit A for that is none other than Chris Paul.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By their own admission they no longer saw Oubre as a starter for them going forward.

Therefor they traded a starting PG for an upgrade at that position and sent out a solid bench player and a future pick to make it happen.

It's easy to rationalize a trade. The proof will be in the pudding.

The best reason for the trade is it makes Booker happy. If that's what it took, so be it.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s not worth arguing about.

Suns1 said the Suns will now be unathletic and that’s wrong and doesn’t matter.

stupid semantic digression and can’t teach some folks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudy Gobert isn't an elite athlete. Long and mobile, but not elite. Of course that depends on your definition of "elite."

Ok. I’ve already said numerous times that you don’t need to be an elite athlete to be a good or even great defender.