CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
To me, the biggest issue is that all signs point to Oubre being gone sometime next year, one way or another. The only question is whether the Suns turn that into an actual return on value or pull another Kurt Thomas/TJ Warren debacle - something they've done far too often for my taste.

That's the biggest factor in my supporting this trade, which I do just marginally.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is not my favorite idea.

Cons
Whos team would it be?
CP is bullheaded, would Booker gell with someone who would command the respect CP does.
They dont want Rubio or Oubre in return, what happens there?
We would still need a PG of the future.
80+ million for 2 years

Pros
Its CP

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is not my favorite idea.

Cons
Whos team would it be?
CP is bullheaded, would Booker gell with someone who would command the respect CP does.
They dont want Rubio or Oubre in return, what happens there?
We would still need a PG of the future.
80+ million for 2 years

Pros
Its CP
Were there problems between Chris Paul and James Harden? I don't remember. I wouldn't be too worried about CP and Booker together.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Actually for this draft and most drafts 18 plus Shamet is likely better than the 10th pick - and I would actually prefer that to just Oubre and Rubio.

I have this feeling Jones wants to draft Desmond Bane, but doesn't want the criticism of taking him 10th.

Then might as well thrown in the #10 pick because Bane's career will mirror Davon Reed's.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were there problems between Chris Paul and James Harden? I don't remember. I wouldn't be too worried about CP and Booker together.

yeah. They hated each other which is why they traded CP3. Harden pretty much demanded it.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe. But your assurances to the contrary, I'm not the person that first pointed out that you go broke paying for stars that are nearing the end of their careers. A lot of GMs hang on to their jobs by never taking that kind of risk. Fortunately, we're all just fans with our own opinions. Mine differs from yours.

It’s a 2-year investment. We already ~know that the ~facsimile investment in Rubio/Oubre are taking the Suns nowhere.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a 2-year investment. We already ~know that the ~facsimile investment in Rubio/Oubre are taking the Suns nowhere.

No, we don't know that. We only know that a grand total of 96 games from Oubre didn't take us anywhere and that 65 games from Rubio didn't either. Young teams typically get better as they mature, we have been and are still a very young team.

Of considerable concern, IMO, is that we've churned our roster year in and year out creating a lack of stability rarely seen in team sports. Stopping that nonsense along with the leadership that second year coach Monty brings us gives me far more hope for the future than trading away assets to bring in the player that is widely considered to be the hardest teammate in the league to get along with.

Last edited:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Shams is reporting Westbrook wants out of Houston. Not sure if that changes the market.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Eh, all of this may be academic anyway. I don't get the impression that Paul is so eager to come here. Supposedly, he wants to go to NY or LA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eh, all of this may be academic anyway. I don't get the impression that Paul is so eager to come here. Supposedly, he wants to go to NY or LA.

If that's the case then so be it. The one thing this team needs more than anything else is a starting power forward. That is the move we cannot afford not to make.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I’ve heard that he isn’t overly interested in New York because his family lives in L.A. and he want to be closer to them. I’m sure he would love a reunion with the Clippers but there is no realistic way to make the money work unless Paul George or Kawhi is involved and I just don’t see that happening.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oubre has more value than CP3, way more. The sad part is Oubre the only guy to come here that actually wants to be here and were trying to chase him out of town. If you offered me co3 for oubre straight up, id say no unless we were contender immediately

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre has more value than CP3, way more. The sad part is Oubre the only guy to come here that actually wants to be here and were trying to chase him out of town. If you offered me co3 for oubre straight up, id say no unless we were contender immediately

lol oh stop

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No he doesn’t. Come on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he doesn’t. Come on.

to be honest, with Chris’ massive contract/age/injury history and Oubre on a one year deal where the likelihood is that Suns won’t pay him after his next contract, I don’t think EITHER of these guys have all that much actual trade value.

which is probably why they can be traded for each other because they’ll fit each teams’ specific needs. A true PG and leader for the Suns who desperately need to make the playoffs. And cap relief and an asset that might be able to be attached to picks for a bigger trade for the rebuilding Thunder.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
to be honest, with Chris’ massive contract/age/injury history and Oubre on a one year deal where the likelihood is that Suns won’t pay him after his next contract, I don’t think EITHER of these guys have all that much actual trade value.

which is probably why they can be traded for each other because they’ll fit each teams’ specific needs. A true PG and leader for the Suns who desperately need to make the playoffs. And cap relief and an asset that might be able to be attached to picks for a bigger trade for the rebuilding Thunder.

why are we writing oubre off? Dude actually wants to be here, or at least did want to be here before we/front office toss his name around in trades like garbage all the time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why are we writing oubre off? Dude actually wants to be here, or at least did want to be here before we/front office toss his name around in trades like garbage all the time.

im writing him off because I know how this organization works. They have his replacements, on cheaper deals, he’s going to want BIG MONEY and we’re probably thinking if they’re going to have to pay three guys BIG MONEY deals, it’s probably not wise to make that ********* Booker/Ayton/Oubre. From a salary and cap standpoint, a core built around those three with massive contracts doesn’t go far, especially in the West.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Oubre has much more trade value than TJ Warren who should have minimally been worth a first round pick. The Suns literally gave the Pacers an early second round pick to trade him. They seem ready to devalue Oubre the same way.

Kelly Oubre only costs $14,375,000 for one season while Chris Paul costs 85,569,960 for two seasons.

And I thought Brandon Knight's 5 years, $70 million contract was bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard