Hopkins, Cards agree to extension

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes she is a factor but a different amount of money usually may neutralize a factor

Money, money, money!

PP21 has grossed $95m in his 10-year career.

And I have Doctors in my family and money isn't their motivation in life.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit, I love Chase, but this ain't it for me. I see him squarely in that LSH
role, but not a workhorse. To your point, the league is moving towards his style of play, but I just personally feel comfortable with a more hefty runner to be the bell cow

We really aren't going to have the luxury of paying big money to our running backs going forward.

I think Edmonds is an adequate starter, but we will either need to sign a vet min player, or preferably draft another RB in the mid rounds to compliment him for next season.

The thing about handing out all these big money contracts to our star players is the draft becomes far more important, which is more than a little scary considering Keim's draft record.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again the NFL already has a contingency plan in place that involves reducing the schedule if they have to. Multiple owners have gone on record on this, we want to play a full season, if it gets to a point where we need to shorten the season in order to complete the season, that's on the table. They THINK that won't happen but they don't know.

The estimate from CBS is that each home game without fans COSTS a franchise 10 million so losing a full season is 90 to 100 million dollars(the 2 preseason games too). Their plan is not to play the whole season without fans their plan is to get to where they can play with as much as 50% of the fans, that of course would require a working vaccine.

As the saying goes, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face, the NFL hasn't been punched in the face yet. I hope it works, so far it's been very good, but going 4 months without issues is going to be a concern because they can't do the bubble like the NBA did. They don't control what the rest of us do, if you look it appears we're going to be spiking up in cases in the next few months based on OUR behavior, opening up schools, events like Sturgis etc. Hopefully the NFL can keep personnel and players safe from all that but there's no guarantee they can.

I'm sure they do, but the reason they cancel games won't be fan attendance.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see how Peterson plays this yr..... if he plays same or worse than last yr meh on resign him

He has been an amazing cb in Arizona and fun to watch hope he succeeds better this yr than last especially with the dre addition to help him a bit

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Why the Cards would do anything before seeing a post-PED PP in a full season is not logical unless it’s a significant discount.

Now if they want to make CJ a Card for life by all means...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I remember right, he signed a 3 year, $25 million deal once we traded him. We would've been better off paying him that than whatever we wasted that money on, that's for sure.

he didn’t want to be here. He wanted to be number 1 and he knew it was never going to happen here.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're all garbage. That's part of the problem.

We're gonna either pay PP21 or end up doling out big bucks to like, Desmond King.

King is a slot CB though. There no good outside corners next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Price is the question.

If I was PP21, and I knew what I was about to put on tape....... I wouldn't want to do a deal now either.

He's probably going to command 17 to 19mm per if he gets back to Pro Bowl / 2nd team All-Pro status.

the term may be shorter, but he has always cared more about the dollars in my opinion.

3 to 4 years, 45 to 60mm contract. 30 to 45mm guaranteed.

CB's at his level, are not found cheaply. Even if his level is a top 10 CB vs. a top 5 CB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
King is a slot CB though. There no good outside corners next year.
Oh I know, the entire point is that there's nothing out there. Pat P may be declining some, but not re-signing him is like skipping the last gas station for 100 miles while you're on empty because it doesn't have clean bathrooms.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Price is the question.

If I was PP21, and I knew what I was about to put on tape....... I wouldn't want to do a deal now either.

He's probably going to command 17 to 19mm per if he gets back to Pro Bowl / 2nd team All-Pro status.

the term may be shorter, but he has always cared more about the dollars in my opinion.

CB's at his level, are not found cheaply. Even if his level is a top 10 CB vs. a top 5 CB.
The top end of any extension or contract Peterson would sign is Darius Slay's 3yr, 50mil extension. Slay is one year(+?) younger than Peterson and has a better recent history of production than Peterson. And IF we were to offer that, I am sure the structure would match Slay's extension where 40 mil is paid over the last two years, but only results in a 6.5 or 3.25 if they cut him either of those two years.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the Cards would do anything before seeing a post-PED PP in a full season is not logical unless it’s a significant discount.

Now if they want to make CJ a Card for life by all means...
Let's hope a cj extremely happens before contact expires!! Another great trade

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Price is the question.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Price is the question.

The franchise tag is $16m this year. With Ramsey and White signing it probably around $17m next season. You can live with that if he returns to form and draft a CB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The franchise tag is $16m this year. With Ramsey and White signing it probably around $17m next season. You can live with that if he returns to form and draft a CB.

agreed.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We really aren't going to have the luxury of paying big money to our running backs going forward.

I think Edmonds is an adequate starter, but we will either need to sign a vet min player, or preferably draft another RB in the mid rounds to compliment him for next season.

The thing about handing out all these big money contracts to our star players is the draft becomes far more important, which is more than a little scary considering Keim's draft record.

No, don't get me wrong P, you're right. I'm talking only for the moment. If Drake rolls, I'm supremely uncomfortable with Eno, Chase, and some 4th rounder out of Vanderbilt that Keim reaches for. Committee has really been what works for us. Hadn't had a real "reliable" bell cow since DJ's first year. If there were no Drake, I would take a cat like Fournette in a minute. He was a damn steal for TB!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I personally don't think Edmonds is a #1 RB, but not the thread for that. We have at least a few months before I have to whine about RB, haha.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, don't get me wrong P, you're right. I'm talking only for the moment. If Drake rolls, I'm supremely uncomfortable with Eno, Chase, and some 4th rounder out of Vanderbilt that Keim reaches for. Committee has really been what works for us. Hadn't had a real "reliable" bell cow since DJ's first year. If there were no Drake, I would take a cat like Fournette in a minute. He was a damn steal for TB!

One rb saw at least 70% of snaps in 12 of 17 games for us last year. Committee is not what this team has done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison