The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walker passes to Theis for layup. Could be game. Only .5 seconds left.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors win on 3-pointer by Anunoby at buzzer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Tacko Fall guarding the in-bounds gives a little more arc to the pass by Lowry?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw him go in and assumed he was on the inbound. Did they put him underneath the basket?

No, Tacko Fall guarded Lowry who in-bounded the ball. Anunoby made the shot.

Half joking that's why the pass had such nice arc on it... to get it over Tacko.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers, the more rested team really taking it to the Nuggets.

End of 3rd quarter:

Clippers 91 - Nuggets 67

Murray struggling shooting 5-15 for 12 points.

Jokic not much better 6-14 for 15 points.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when he was a defensive role player back in the day?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Liked the guy when he was quieter, now every time he doesn't get the call he's crying to the refs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks are gonna get their asses swept and that team is Nkrumah getting better any time soon with Bledsoe and Middleton choking their cap.

if I’m the Suns, I swing for the fences and offer Ayton, Bridges (or Oubre whoever they prefer) and our lotto pick.

next years team:

Rubio
Booker
Oubre (who you resign to extension)
Giannis
Baynes

bench:
Carter
Payne
Saric
Cam
Big Man or Swing player

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks are gonna get their asses swept and that team is Nkrumah getting better any time soon with Bledsoe and Middleton choking their cap.

if I’m the Suns, I swing for the fences and offer Ayton, Bridges (or Oubre whoever they prefer) and our lotto pick.

next years team:

Rubio
Booker
Giannis
Baynes

bench:
Carter
Payne
Saric
Cam
Big Man or Swing player

I'm glad Bledsoe is good for something.

Too bad Giannis will not become a restricted free agent next season to make sure the Suns control his destiny in a trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record the Heat beat the Bucks tonight 115-110 to go up 3-0 in the series.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

next years team:

Rubio
Booker
Giannis
Baynes

bench:
Carter
Payne
Saric
Cam
Big Man or Swing player

He’s good but he’s not elite. Your going to have to offer like 5 first round picks to get him

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s good but he’s not elite. Your going to have to offer like 5 first round picks to get him

him and Booker would be interchangeable 1a and 1b. Those two guys you can build a true title contender around, IMO.

I don’t think any team could put together a better package than Ayton, Bridges (or Oubre) and our lotto pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
him and Booker would be interchangeable 1a and 1b. Those two guys you can build a true title contender around, IMO.

I don’t think any team could put together a better package than Ayton, Bridges (or Oubre) and our lotto pick.

I’m not trading the farm for a guy that probably won’t resign here

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rockets took out the Lakers in relatively easy fashion in the first game of the series 112-97.

It looks like the Rockets trio (Harden, Gordon and Westbrook) were superior to the Lakers duo (Lebron and Davis) on Friday.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rockets took out the Lakers in relatively easy fashion in the first game of the series 112-97.

It looks like the Rockets trio (Harden, Gordon and Westbrook) were superior to the Lakers duo (Lebron and Davis) on Friday.

Didn't the Blazers do the same in round 1? Game 1 means very little in the bubble, IMO. It's nice to get that early win and lead in the series but until they get up 2 games, I wouldn't bet on them finishing the Lakers off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't the Blazers do the same in round 1? Game 1 means very little in the bubble, IMO. It's nice to get that early win and lead in the series but until they get up 2 games, I wouldn't bet on them finishing the Lakers off.

In this case, I think it the team that played the most recently was sharper. I expect the Lakers to play much better the next game.

Still, I liked seeing the Lakers lose.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Just woke them up again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we’re going to throw money at someone to try and play the 4, I keep watching Ibaka and thinking he’s perfect. Veteran presence, title winner, good defender, will block a shot and can stretch for the 3 ball.