The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have made some really opportunistic trades taking advantage of other teams' poor choices and letting the deals come to them.

They also won the Paul George trade. I think the majority of teams in the league would choose Oladipo and Sabonis over George. Of course it wasn't that clear when the deal was made but it still looked like they were getting about 85 cents on the dollar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed what happened to Aaron Gordon. I'm glad he is okay.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like Gordon's injury was related to a hard foul by Lowry.

From Tim MacMahon ESPN Staff Writer:

The injury occurred after a hard foul by Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry prevented a dunk and caused Gordon's left leg to extend high as he was falling. After a review, Lowry's foul was upgraded to a flagrant 1. Gordon and Lowry exchanged words during the review.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29603878/magic-aaron-gordon-hamstring-exits-vs-raptors-hard-foul

Lowry has grown to be a player i dislike.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought his career was coming to a close a couple of years back and he is playing almost as good as ever at 34.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not me. I actually dislike him slightly less today than I used to. He's been a problem off and on the court going back to at least his college days at Villanova but he's been less of a problem the past 5 years or so. He goes all out on the court and while still not a real leader, he's no longer letting his temper out on teammates, refs and opponents at every turn. But I haven't watched the Gordon hit so maybe he'll go back near the top of my disliked list.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me. I actually dislike him slightly less today than I used to. He's been a problem off and on the court going back to at least his college days at Villanova but he's been less of a problem the past 5 years or so. He goes all out on the court and while still not a real leader, he's no longer letting his temper out on teammates, refs and opponents at every turn. But I haven't watched the Gordon hit so maybe he'll go back near the top of my disliked list.

I glanced at it earlier. The foul didn't look like anything major but Gordon was in the air.

This link has it.

https://www.espn.com/nba/video?gameId=401224741

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lowry has been "maturing" nba wise in drawing cheap fouls, he just does things that get under my skin.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowry has been "maturing" nba wise in drawing cheap fouls, he just does things that get under my skin.

Yeah, he's aggressive and physical, much like Chris Paul and, much like Chris Paul, I dislike watching him play. But he used to be even worse, you could argue he used to be MUCH worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly Jonathan Isaac has surgery to repair injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone know what the ratings have been like for these games?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Porter Jr. is lighting it up. Wonder if he will be able to stay healthy through his career.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Porter Jr. is lighting it up. Wonder if he will be able to stay healthy through his career.

It would be nice if the Suns could ever get in position to wait on players to develop like the Nuggets.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Our game and the Clippers/Portland game are the only relevant games today. And the Clippers did what they were supposed to. It's up to us now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finalists for all individual NBA Awards have been named. No real surprises.

I'll go Giannis MVP, Ja for ROY, Giannis for DPOY, Shroeder for 6th Man, and Bam for Most Improved.

I think Luka will win Most Improved but he shouldn't. He's in his 2nd season and young players should improve. He was a great rookie and even better sophomore but I think a leap like he made wasn't out of the question based on those who watched him last year. Meanwhile Bam became an All-Star with the Heat, which I don't think anyone envisioned. He's a huge part of the Heat's future and proves Pat Riley is still a genius.

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/ce...er-believes-ex-hornets-teammate-got-snubbed?b

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose