Disney Plus (streaming service)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have prime regardless as well but each time I go onto the streaming service, it seems it doesn't have anything I don't already have on Netflix and is constantly putting me into queues of stuff you have to pay for vs what is free

I don't watch a lot of TV so Netflix still has an overwhelming amount of programming I can enjoy. The only thing I'm totally committed to right now is Ozark but there are a lot of other shows on there I want to watch as well. They also seem to have the best selection of children's shows.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Maybe looking on wrong places? Bosch, Man in High Castle, wife loves Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Sneaky Pete and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan are a few good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Will you be saying Prime is garbage when Lord of the Rings comes out?

The Jack Ryan shoe and Man in the High Castle are high quality shows and on par with the best Netflix offers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you be saying Prime is garbage when Lord of the Rings comes out?

The Jack Ryan shoe and Man in the High Castle are high quality shows and on par with the best Netflix offers.

Prime, to me, has far less quality offerings and content. I'm not saying it has none, I just never find much I want to watch that is not available elsewhere already when I go on it. They do have a few exclusives that I haven't watched yet.

I like Lord of the rings okay but I only watched the first trilogy and don't really have motivation to watch any of the followup content. The ending of the trilogy was a bit abrupt I thought, after all the buildup and maybe that had something to do with my lack of interest in sticking with that series afterward.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There are some good shows on Prime and for me the programming is a bonus since I had Prime anyway for the other aspects of membership.

Long term Netflix is iffy for me at this point but we shall see once my favorite shows are done there.

Exactly how I feel about prime. Comes with my prime membership and does have some great oldies I like to rewatch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So Disney+ is releasing Mulan to Disney+ and not theaters. People who want to see it will have to pay $30 to get it and can only watch it as long as they are a Disney+ subscriber.

Theaters aren't the most price-friendly, but this almost seems worse.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Disney+ is releasing Mulan to Disney+ and not theaters. People who want to see it will have to pay $30 to get it and can only watch it as long as they are a Disney+ subscriber.

Their target audience would be a family of 3-5. Even with child tickets, you are looking at $30 in tickets minimum for that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Their target audience would be a family of 3-5. Even with child tickets, you are looking at $30 in tickets minimum for that.
That's not the point. You've paid $30 for it, more than a blu-ray, but if you leave Disney+, you will not have access to it anymore.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

This seems fair, as long as they eventually open it up for free on Disney+.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you leave Disney+ for some reason, you lose it, even after paying the $30 as well as the privilege for having the service. That's not fair at all--you pay for it, you own it. Here it's basically a $30 rental for as long as you have the service, which costs money on top of it.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
If you leave Disney+ for some reason, you lose it, even after paying the $30 as well as the privilege for having the service. That's not fair at all--you pay for it, you own it. Here it's basically a $30 rental for as long as you have the service, which costs money on top of it.
If you pay for it at the theater you only get to watch it once, you can't keep coming back. Seems fair to me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you pay for it at the theater you only get to watch it once, you can't keep coming back. Seems fair to me.
You're also paying for more than just the movie when you go to the theater. I get that theaters are expensive, but I'm a big supporter of the experience.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not the point. You've paid $30 for it, more than a blu-ray, but if you leave Disney+, you will not have access to it anymore.

You go to a theater, you see it once. Your ticket doesn't give you unlimited viewings. Then if you like it, you buy the Blu-Ray. This will be the model as long as people aren't going to theaters.

Apple, etc allow you to "rent" a movie for a limited time, for not much less for new movies.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You go to a theater, you see it once. Your ticket doesn't give you unlimited viewings. Then if you like it, you buy the Blu-Ray. This will be the model as long as people aren't going to theaters.

Apple, etc allow you to "rent" a movie for a limited time, for not much less for new movies.
My main problem is with the restriction that you're playing a premium price for the movie but will lose it if you don't continue the service. Amazon allows you to keep it once you buy it, even if you don't have Prime.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

$30 is more than the BluRay plus you have to pay a monthly fee? That seems fair?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
$30 is more than the BluRay plus you have to pay a monthly fee? That seems fair?

It’s not important to me to see movies when they’re released so I don’t pay for a ticket or buy a disc. I wait until they’re available to watch via streaming or Netflix. I don’t see a difference.

However, it does suck for people without Disney.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not important to me to see movies when they’re released so I don’t pay for a ticket or buy a disc. I wait until they’re available to watch via streaming or Netflix. I don’t see a difference.

If you don't have Disney, you could pay for the DVD or BluRay, keep it forever, and not risk it going away if Disney+ changes their terms or you no longer have their service. They are setting a dangerous precedent that probably won't stick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Huh? So since wait till it's available on streaming or Netflix, why pay literally 35-40 dollars just for the privilege of seeing it? Why not just wait for it?\

It does suck for people without Disney, and I can't fault them for that. But it's the same as Netflix. You can't watch Stranger Things unless you have Netflix. This is the same thing EXCEPT for the extra $30 you have to pay on top of the subscription.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Huh? So since wait till it's available on streaming or Netflix, why pay literally 35-40 dollars just for the privilege of seeing it? Why not just wait for it?\

It does suck for people without Disney, and I can't fault them for that. But it's the same as Netflix. You can't watch Stranger Things unless you have Netflix. This is the same thing EXCEPT for the extra $30 you have to pay on top of the subscription.
Maybe I’m missing something. This will eventually be available to watch without paying $30 right?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Did it say when it will drop?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose