2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually didn’t add The Ringer onto the consensus draft spreadsheet (although I might at some point) because there were a few oddities. Killian #1, Vassell #6, Terry #8... seems like he was just trying to be different just to be different.

I haven't followed The Ringer but they do offer some nice player descriptions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aesthetically the Ringer is probably my favorite website for their draft stuff.

DraftExpress used to be my favorite before it moved to ESPN.

Now for a quick take of the draft I like Tankathon then use other sources for additional details.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
DraftExpress used to be my favorite before it moved to ESPN.

Now for a quick take of the draft I like Tankathon then use other sources for additional details.
I am right there with you. I wish another site would take the DraftExpress mantle, but for now I also go to Tankathon for quick takes and other sources for deeper dives.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maker is now also talking about going to college. He mentioned UCLA because he lives in LA, it's not apparent if UCLA is actually involved, I'm sure they would take him if he said I want to play there and I'm eligible, but not clear either one of those is true.

He's apparently not projected into the draft and said he would only go pro if projected as a lottery pick

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Knicks reportedly intrigued by RJ Hampton as possible draft pick
Still, Hampton intrigues the Knicks, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.

According to a source, RJ Hampton, who skipped college to play in New Zealand, is another point-guard-type under consideration by the Knicks if they select between sixth and 10th in the draft currently slated for June 25…

Leon Rose strongly pursued Hampton as a client when Rose was a superagent for Creative Artists Agency before accepting the Knicks’ presidency. Now Rose could join forces with him in a different manner in pairing Hampton with shooting guard RJ Barrett.
https://sports.yahoo.com/knicks-reportedly-intrigued-rj-hampton-130011511.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NBA draft sleeper Devon Dotson: 'I can play with any guard in this draft'
On March 12, Devon Dotson and Jalen Wilson were eating in silence at a Freddy’s back in Lawrence, Kansas, when they learned the NCAA tournament would be canceled for the first time since 1938 due to the coronavirus. The Kansas Jayhawks were the No. 1 team in the nation and had won 16 games in a row. Dotson was the leading scorer in the Big 12 and the entire team was ready to make a run to the Final Four in Atlanta.

“It was going to be tough for any team to beat us just with the amount of confidence we had and depth on the team,” Dotson told Yahoo Sports. “I knew we would be there in the end and it was really hard for all of us to have the season just end like that.”

A year ago, Dotson had just finished his freshman year and was testing the NBA waters. He received an invite to the NBA rookie combine in Chicago and was able to get some good feedback from teams.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-draft-...y-with-any-guard-in-this-draft-171803121.html

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Sources: The NBA has sent teams the ballots to vote on the prospects for the 2020 Draft Combine, which has been postponed indefinitely. League office is evaluating possible dates for Combine and potential virtual version.

2:14 PM - 11 May 2020

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Sports Illustrated mock has the Suns drafting Cole Anthony.

10. Suns - Cole Anthony, PG, North Carolina

Height: 6’3” | Weight: 190 | Age: 20 | Freshman

If the rough lottery odds hold in some capacity, Anthony’s draft range would seem to begin with the Knicks’ pick and end somewhere in the teens. The Suns temporarily addressed their revolving-door situation at point guard with Ricky Rubio, but ultimately need to find more shooting in the backcourt to better optimize Devin Booker. Anthony has his flaws, but his ability to hit tough shots from distance and help initiate offense should make him a candidate for Phoenix. The Suns are heavy on young wings with Kelly Oubre, Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson all on the roster and shouldn’t hesitate to upgrade at guard. Younger prospects like Kira Lewis and Patrick Williams might also figure in here. Scouts I’ve spoken with have been down on Anthony overall, but he does have translatable strengths that should help him bounce back in the right situation. Still, it’s not a lock he goes in the lottery.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/06/03/nba-mock-draft-latest-projections

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
New Sports Illustrated mock has the Suns drafting Cole Anthony.

10. Suns - Cole Anthony, PG, North Carolina

Height: 6’3” | Weight: 190 | Age: 20 | Freshman

If the rough lottery odds hold in some capacity, Anthony’s draft range would seem to begin with the Knicks’ pick and end somewhere in the teens. The Suns temporarily addressed their revolving-door situation at point guard with Ricky Rubio, but ultimately need to find more shooting in the backcourt to better optimize Devin Booker. Anthony has his flaws, but his ability to hit tough shots from distance and help initiate offense should make him a candidate for Phoenix. The Suns are heavy on young wings with Kelly Oubre, Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson all on the roster and shouldn’t hesitate to upgrade at guard. Younger prospects like Kira Lewis and Patrick Williams might also figure in here. Scouts I’ve spoken with have been down on Anthony overall, but he does have translatable strengths that should help him bounce back in the right situation. Still, it’s not a lock he goes in the lottery.

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/06/03/nba-mock-draft-latest-projections
My fear is that something like this actually happens and they waste a pick on a player who looked terrible all year, I wouldn't pick him in the first round let alone at 10

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fear is that something like this actually happens and they waste a pick on a player who looked terrible all year, I wouldn't pick him in the first round let alone at 10

Same here.

The turnovers and shooting particularly bother me about Cole. I'd prefer the Suns go another direction.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Same here.

The turnovers and shooting particularly bother me about Cole. I'd prefer the Suns go another direction.

About the only pick that would be worse than Cole Anthony is Nico Mannion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose