Legal Tampering/FA Agency Thread. 2020

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 3 or 4 teams looking at him...2 issues...1) May have to bid for his services 2) NFL is still working out how to handle XFL players...they previously told teams that XFL players were strictly off limits. I think it may be a week or so, before the two leagues come to an agreement.

I read that due to the league being suspended due to the virus, that all players were free to sign with any NFL team.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I read that due to the league being suspended due to the virus, that all players were free to sign with any NFL team.
I read that at first... But a more recent article stated that the NFL says those players are still off limits until they come to an agreement with the XFL direct.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dante

All Star
Reaction score

I read that at first... But a more recent article stated that the NFL says those players are still off limits until they come to an agreement with the XFL direct.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

John McMullen @JFMcMullen

The #XFL just informed its players they will be free to sign with #NFL or #CFL teams on March 23 upon execution of an #XFL Notice of Contract Termination

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t take Gurley long to find a home

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Cardinals supposedly interested in QB PJ Walker from the XFL. I would guess if they sign him Hundley isn't coming back.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rested-xfl-standout-backup-murray/2882405001/
Didn't they sign a CFL guy or something, too? I would prefer a little more experience at backup for someone as young as Murray. Or at least more upside.

Someone mentioned Jalen Hurts, which I'd support as an interesting move in the 4th or 5th.

Didn’t take Gurley long to find a home
Nope, wow. I thought a team would have waited until after the draft.

I'll say it though, for $5 million, I would have taken him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The most shocking part of this post is Gurley is still only 25, soon to be 26...yikes...He's gonna end up with knees like Earl Campbell.

I ran into Earl one time at the stadium at UT when I got misdirected into the office area while he was working for athletic department there. I literally ran into him and he said "boy, you almost took me out" and after I got over my shock said, "no sir, you still could run my ass over" but did walk away feeling bad for him. Dude had a lot of demons with pain killers and would go dove hunting and could only prop himself on the back of the tailgate of a pickup truck

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucs re-signing Kevin Minter

Kevin Minter is returning to Tampa.

The Bucs have reached agreement on a one-year deal with the linebacker, Field Yates of ESPN reports.
Minter, 29, has spent the past two seasons with the Bucs. He has appeared in 21 games with two starts.

The Cardinals made Minter a second-round choice in 2013, and he was with Arizona for his first four seasons.
He went to Cincinnati in 2017 before landing in Tampa the next season.

Minter has appeared in 91 games with 46 starts in his seven seasons, making 299 tackles, 25 tackles for loss, six sacks, 18 quarterback hits and six pass breakups.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Interested in taking a run at Rasual Douglas? 2021 salary roughly $750k.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top 25 remaining free agents

Of PFT’s original list of 100 free agents, NFL teams have tagged or agreed to terms with 79. But teams have made moves since then. Here is our list of the top 25 free agents currently on the market:

1. Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston

2. Seahawks edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney

3. Jets receiver Robby Anderson

4. Titans cornerback Logan Ryan

5. Buccaneers receiver Breshad Perriman

6. Browns safety Damarious Randall

7. Broncos defensive lineman Shelby Harris

8. Vikings edge rusher Everson Griffen

9. Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith

10. Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe

11. Eagles offensive tackle Jason Peters

12. Chiefs receiver Demarcus Robinson

13. Panthers offensive tackle Daryl Williams

14. Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby

15. Saints safety Vonn Bell

16. Chiefs cornerback Bashaud Breeland

17. Buccaneers defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh

18. Seahawks offensive lineman Germain Ifedi

19. Eagles linebacker Nigel Bradham

20. Giants linebacker Markus Golden

21. Texans running back Carlos Hyde

22. Packers cornerback Tramon Williams

23. Buccaneers offensive tackle Demar Dotson

24. Colts receiver Devin Funchess

25. Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Looks like Marcus Golden priced himself out of the market

Gambo reported that the Cards were interested, but he wanted $12mm per

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
His resume is way too inconsistent for that kind of coin. Devon Kennard money or a million more per would have been ideal.

Devon projects as a much better strong side OLB in our 34 than Golden would, who struggles setting the edge and horrible dropping into coverage. DK won’t have massive pressure / sack numbers, but will more than make up for it with his discipline and other intangibles, not to mention lower cost.

They still need to sign someone like Kerr or even Shelby Harris for the other DE spot. Not super confident that Zach Allen will be durable after missing 3/4 of his first season with a neck issue. Those tend to linger!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jim McBride
@globejimmcbride
· 48m
BREAKING: The #Patriots are releasing K Stephen Gostkowski today, per league source. Three-time Super Bowl champ is the franchise's all-time leading scorer. Story upcoming on http://bostonglobe.com/sports

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose