Rumor: Cards have made a trade

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You talk about holes yet you were willing to sign an aging vet coming of a foot injury, ( a wide receiver no less) and pay him $$m?.
If you read what I actually said, I said "kick the tires on AJ Green and see what he costs." If teams were scared away from his injury, and we could get him on the cheap, he would be a good addition to get Kyler a transitional target on the outside. And again, I wrote this in early January. At the time it didn't look like he was going to get tagged.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, I did mess up with the 2018 stat there with receptions, but the others, I'm still counting getting outperformed by TEs or other players as not being at the top, or being #8 for TDs with 11 other guys when you could easily call him 19th.

Either way, it doesn't change my mind - he's not a top ten WR, is not an elite option, and a 1st or second are too much for me to think it's a good idea.
Shocker!!! Didn't think it would change your mind, just fact checking because I found it hard to believe he wasn't ever top 15 in anything.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shocker!!! Didn't think it would change your mind, just fact checking because I found it hard to believe he wasn't ever top 15 in anything.

Here's some more.

Over the last 3 years

11th in receiving yards
6th in receiving touchdowns
7th in catch rate

That's a "top 10 player". I'm not a huge fan of ranking WRs this way because they come in a lot of styles and can be very scheme dependent. There are a lot of very good WRs bunch together and you could probably make arguments for 20 different guys in the top 10.

But for sure Diggs is in that argument.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all of the bolded above are better than Diggs, and i might include Kupp as well. Can't include AB... come on! I also lean toward ranking Thielen ahead of Diggs... though their production has been remarkably similar. Sutton could be there soon but can't be sure yet.

As i mentioned above... i wouldn't quibble with Diggs being called a top 15 WR, but i'd rule him out of the top 10.

...dbs

Hell, Diggs is only the 2nd best receiver on his own team. Adam Thielen is the man.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thielen is not better than Diggs, guys.

You will realize this when Diggs is doing his damage against CB1s while Thielen does his against CB2s.

I used think to think the same back in 2017, but then I really paid attention.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the last 3 years, i think
you proved Chopper's point and perhaps changed my mind about ranking OBJ ahead of Diggs.

He has a say in holding out and not playing until he gets an extension.
I'm with you on this point.

...dave

Reaction score
We're not locked into paying any of those guys.

Diggs is not "cheap." You can't pay 20 guys $10m each. Successful teams are not built exclusively through trades and free agency in the modern NFL. Please feel free to point out one great team in the league who is not there because of their strong drafting. There isn't one. Fail to draft well, fail to win.

Patriots?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just looking at the last 3 years, i think
you proved Chopper's point and perhaps changed my mind about ranking OBJ ahead of Diggs.

I'm with you on this point.

...dave
How did I prove Chopper's point? OBJ was better or even with Diggs on all things, with much worse QB play.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
For those who haven't watched as much Vikings football as I have, it is tough to look at a stat sheet and appreciate all that Stefon Diggs does despite their desire to run the football. I also hear that folks don't like his attitude...probably the same people who don't like Richard Sherman. Guys who overcome their draft position are rarely soft spoken. Their attitude is what helped them get them to the top.
Even though it is basketball, it was like that with me with Danny Ainge. If he was on your team you loved him, if not, you hated him.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How did I prove Chopper's point? OBJ was better or even with Diggs on all things, with much worse QB play.
You are correct...Diggs was way clearly worse than OBJ with Diggs having more targets, more catches, more yardage, and more TDs.

I don't think your definition of "better" and my definition of "better" are the same.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How do we go from "I know a guy, who knows a guy that a "big" trade is done to 20 pages of ad hominin attacks and snide rhetoric? Over a nebulous comment about "something" going down?

Only thing missing is someone threatening to take their ball and go home.

ASFN....gotta love it :)

Carry on...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You are correct...Diggs was way clearly worse than OBJ with Diggs having more targets, more catches, more yardage, and more TDs.

I don't think your definition of "better" and my definition of "better" are the same.
Am I missing something here? Wrong links or something?

2018 - Odell has 30+ more yards despite two less games, 3 less TDs, but again... two less games. Still, more yards, and breaks 1,000 like he does every year, unlike Diggs. All while getting thrown to by the corpse of Eli Manning and missing four games with a quad injury. In a year where the Vikings were top 6 in passing attempts.

2019 - Odell has comparable yards and TDs despite 20 less targets. All with Baker Mayfield being godawful throughout the season, a sports hernia, and Diggs having the benefit of Kirk Cousins going to the Pro Bowl.

Compare their overall careers too, and it's not even a contest.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OBJ is such a diva that I'd take a non-diva with even REMOTELY similar numbers over that JAMF any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And Sunday performance is what matters.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
OBJ is such a diva that I'd take a non-diva with even REMOTELY similar numbers over that JAMF any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And Sunday performance is what matters.

Wow....I have not seen anyone called a JAMF in a very long time. Kudos for the retro slam,...love it.

also agree with your point, and twice on sundays, gimme the guy who just plays ball

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
BTW... if we do trade of Diggs and you are upset about the amount of jack he might get, no duh because that is his proven value if you make the trade in the first place :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we go from "I know a guy, who knows a guy that a "big" trade is done to 20 pages of ad hominin attacks and snide rhetoric? Over a nebulous comment about "something" going down?

Only thing missing is someone threatening to take their ball and go home.

ASFN....gotta love it :)

Carry on...
There are certain poster that would argue just how wet water is.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, another Wednesday has come and gone with no action...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson