Rumor: Cards have made a trade

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, another Wednesday has come and gone with no action...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not to pile on..... But when was the last time a poster actually "scooped" anything??

I don't mean a "OMG we are going to draft Kyler Murray"

But an actual scoop? I can't remember any honestly.... Someone's shiat had to stick to the wall once right?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Jeudy is basically a Diggs clone already. With a couple seasons under his belt he can be better than Diggs. Lamb has proven he can ball in our scheme and has all things needed to be an elite WR. Both of these these are younger and don't have the nagging injury history of Diggs. I probably wouldn't even give our 2nd round pick for Diggs, unless we go defense/OT in the 1st and trade down in the 2nd.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to pile on..... But when was the last time a poster actually "scooped" anything??

I don't mean a "OMG we are going to draft Kyler Murray"

But an actual scoop? I can't remember any honestly.... Someone's shiat had to stick to the wall once right?

The only scoop I remember was from mitch and it was a minor trade
The Cardinals traded Anthony Sherman to the Chiefs (for Javier Arenas)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jeudy is basically a Diggs clone already. With a couple seasons under his belt he can be better than Diggs. Lamb has proven he can ball in our scheme and has all things needed to be an elite WR. Both of these these are younger and don't have the nagging injury history of Diggs. I probably wouldn't even give our 2nd round pick for Diggs, unless we go defense/OT in the 1st and trade down in the 2nd.
This assumption is pretty funny.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ideal but Realistic Scenario-

We trade #40 for Diggs.

We trade down from #8 to #11 or #13 (Jets coming up to get an OT or Colts coming up to get the last of the 4 QB's).

In the trade down we pick up a 2nd (either #34 or #48)

1st Round #11 or #13 - CeeDee Lamb- We double down on offense with Diggs and Lamb. We now have a WR room of Fitz, Diggs, Kirk, Lamb, Butler, Isabella, and Cooper/Byrd or whomever can win that 7th spot. It becomes a strength of the team and sets us up for Larry's eventual retirement in a way that we currently are not. KK might find his 5 wide sets work a lot better if you have 5 legit WR's.

2nd Round- OT/D-Line/Edge....pure BPA but not a WR. We could even look to trade down again from here, but I think we could get a starter.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Julio, Hopkins, Thomas, Evans; the #8 shouldn’t be discussed for anyone besides these guys. There’s also no way we’re moving back to the end of the first rd for Diggs. The talent cliff ends around 14-15.
I disagree. I think there is good value and players at 25.

Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simmons
Jeffrey Okudah
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
maybe Javon Kinlaw...

after that, it all clumps up. That being said, Stefon Diggs, AJ Epenesa (25) and Lucas Niang (40) is not a bad haul if trading back. Also, ILB, OLB, DL and CB options in that range.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simmons
Jeffrey Okudah
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
maybe Javon Kinlaw...

after that, it all clumps up. That being said, Stefon Diggs, AJ Epenesa (25) and Lucas Niang (40) is not a bad haul if trading back. Also, ILB, OLB, DL and CB options in that range.

Did you mean at 8? If not, I'm confused.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Chase Young
Derrick Brown
Isaiah Simmons
Jeffrey Okudah
Tristan Wirfs
Mekhi Becton
maybe Javon Kinlaw...

Pass. I’d be up for a trading a 2nd or PP but staying at #8.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Did you mean at 8? If not, I'm confused.
Sorry. I think there are clearly 6 or 7 prospects better than the rest. After that I feel like 8 - 60 is pretty much preference more than anything. Essentially, I can get a player at 25 who is very comparable to a player at 13.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ideal but Realistic Scenario-

We trade #40 for Diggs.

We trade down from #8 to #11 or #13 (Jets coming up to get an OT or Colts coming up to get the last of the 4 QB's).

In the trade down we pick up a 2nd (either #34 or #48)

1st Round #11 or #13 - CeeDee Lamb- We double down on offense with Diggs and Lamb. We now have a WR room of Fitz, Diggs, Kirk, Lamb, Butler, Isabella, and Cooper/Byrd or whomever can win that 7th spot. It becomes a strength of the team and sets us up for Larry's eventual retirement in a way that we currently are not. KK might find his 5 wide sets work a lot better if you have 5 legit WR's.

2nd Round- OT/D-Line/Edge....pure BPA but not a WR. We could even look to trade down again from here, but I think we could get a starter.
Eh, if we get Diggs, I’ll for for Wirfs with the 8th pick. Kyler would still backpeddle even if we had Randy Moss and Megatron on both sides.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this has to be one of the dumbest threads of all time. just chuckling that a "the cardinals have traded... for someone... at some point" thread has 21 pages.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
this has to be one of the dumbest threads of all time. just chuckling that a "the cardinals have traded... for someone... at some point" thread has 21 pages.
Hey, it gives us a good nature place to pitch our tents till something happens :)

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are not trading pp21.
We are not trading for Diggs.
We are not trading for Williams.

We might be able to trade DJ but I wouldn’t bet on it. If we did it wouldn’t be until we signed Drake or someone else.

I do think we may trade down, however, if Simmons or Okudah is there I don’t see us trading.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
We are not trading pp21.
We are not trading for Diggs.
We are not trading for Williams.

We might be able to trade DJ but I wouldn’t bet on it. If we did it wouldn’t be until we signed Drake or someone else.

I do think we may trade down, however, if Simmons or Okudah is there I don’t see us trading.

If Okudah is the pick, I can see PP21 being dealt day 1.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dj Johnson for Oj Howard can be a possible trade, maybe involving a fourth round pick

DJ for Cameron Brate straight up. The money is about equal, but each team gets a player that might make more of an impact

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t get it especially when it’s coming from people who are campaigning for Lamb. I’d take Diggs and his $11 million salary over Lamb any day of the week. Ceedee might turn out to be a legitimate receiver but Diggs already is.
Key variable is the Lamb-Murray chemistry.

Is this factor important enough to make Lamb more valuable to us than would Diggs?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don’t think so speedy. I could see him maybe being traded mid season if things go a little south but not before then.

might be true, but that makes our corner position pretty stacked. If Okudah is the pick, I could see the Cards moving pp for a chance to get back in the top of the first/bottom 2nd

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Trading PP because you just got another CB in the draft (which means you are not sure how good he will be) is like standing in cement. You take a guy like Okudah but you keep Peterson... that is what makes you better and then you can have options in the future if he pans out :)

im not disagreeing, just looking at history. Remember when PP was drafted to play opposite DRC? Ya, never happened.