Rumor: Cards have made a trade

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think it was a Cardinals specific message. He got the gear from his brother Trevon who is in the upcoming draft.

But it was a message to the Vikings. You don't appear in public in another teams gear without saying "I want out".

I don't blame him. He's a WR1 in a team that runs about 60% of the time and has to share targets with Thielen. It's not the best place for him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was a Cardinals specific message. He got the gear from his brother Trevon who is in the upcoming draft.

But it was a message to the Vikings. You don't appear in public in another teams gear without saying "I want out".

I don't blame him. He's a WR1 in a team that runs about 60% of the time and has to share targets with Thielen. It's not the best place for him.
I feel bad for him. And he’s only making 12m. Poor fella. No thanks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel bad for him. And he’s only making 12m. Poor fella. No thanks.

I don't get this diva image some try to put on him. He seems like a good dude and his team mates like him.

This all comes from this last season because through 5 games he had 23 targets. I don't begrudge him that. They weren't playing very well, everyone was saying Cousins sucked, they lost to the Bears and Packers.

Then they started throwing it more, he had more targets and they went on a run. He had a point.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Trade speculation is fun, whether anything happens or not these threads always are entertaining (to me anyway).

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I don't get this diva image some try to put on him. He seems like a good dude and his team mates like him.

This all comes from this last season because through 5 games he had 23 targets. I don't begrudge him that. They weren't playing very well, everyone was saying Cousins sucked, they lost to the Bears and Packers.

Then they started throwing it more, he had more targets and they went on a run. He had a point.

Some people classify any player that complains about anything as a diva. Diggs has zero off the field issues to my knowledge. He’s not beating the **** out of his wife, failing drug tests, driving drunk, taking a loaded firearm to the airport etc.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
im not disagreeing, just looking at history. Remember when PP was drafted to play opposite DRC? Ya, never happened.

Yeah, that's one instance which is not much history but I will back this with a Cardinal example for my stance. Remember when we drafted Tommy Knight in the top ten but kept Aeneas Williams in the fold. Knight was highly touted and turned out to be a bust (be it injuries more than talent)... you keep Peterson even if you draft a corner :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Guess I’m just too use to a classy guy like Fitz.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of example of wr’s
If you only want receivers like Fitz it's going to be a pretty sparse receivers roo
If you only want receivers like Fitz it's going to be a pretty sparse receivers room.
plenty of receivers I could name that go to work, do their job and don’t bitch to the media. Not going to take my time to list them.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We do not need DJ or his salary but we so need Peterson. We really would remove a lot of bumps in the road if we could sign Drake for what he's worth but one cannot blame the guy for wanting what is his last contract and that goes beyond team loyalty to the Cardinals but common sense loyalty to family Drake... if not Drake, I am still pushing to do what it takes to draft Dobbins, even if it means then trading up into the first

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bucky, has the trade been made, yet? I reread your first post and I inferred that it was going to happen pretty quick (I think you said possibly Wednesday?). If it hasn't been made, is it still in the works?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Kirk Cousins was much better?
You don't think Kirk Cousins was better than Baker Mayfield this year? He got a Pro Bowl nod, had a 69% completion rate to Mayfield's 59%, and threw four more TDs on nearly 100 less attempts. 107.4 to 78.8 passer rating. 6 INTs to 21 INTs.

Plus, Cousins actually won big games this year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bucky, has the trade been made, yet? I reread your first post and I inferred that it was going to happen pretty quick (I think you said possibly Wednesday?). If it hasn't been made, is it still in the works?

I thought he intended to say Wednesday first day of the free agency

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tongue and cheek reference to the thread on us getting Adrian Peterson, it was suppose to happen on a Wednesday and of course didn't happen.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dj Johnson for Oj Howard can be a possible trade, maybe involving a fourth round pick
I totally agree & you are the first one I know of to bring that trade scenario up. OJ Howard will never be utilized under BA. Dude was a 1st team all american at Alabama. He would do great in our offense.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Some people classify any player that complains about anything as a diva. Diggs has zero off the field issues to my knowledge. He’s not beating the **** out of his wife, failing drug tests, driving drunk, taking a loaded firearm to the airport etc.

I think the incident in question is Diggs throwing his helmet at the sideline while his team was winning a playoff game. Basically pulled a Boldin. Regardless it’s not a reason not to trade for someone but something to keep in mind with a young QB.

The Vikings just released Xavier Rhodes to clear cap space...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson