The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns think they could seriously contend by next year I would consider it.

Suns can come up with the expiring salaries to match match Love's salary for 2019-2020 season but those last three seasons are going to tie up future moves on an aging player, with a history of injury.

$28,942,830
$31,258,256
$31,258,256
$28,942,830

https://hoopshype.com/player/kevin-love/salary/

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The Luka stuff notwithstanding, man, how nice would Morant look with Book and Ayton. That's a championship core right there.

The lottery gods were not nice along with some awful scouting.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would kind of be okay with it if it didn't involve Bridges and it was a heavily protected pick or a 2nd rounder. I don't like what it does for the cap, but the team would be significantly better.
And just for the record, in any trade the Suns make, I would give up Oubre before Bridges. In this trade I would want to give up either.

would NOT want to give up either.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s just a terrible move for short term 8th seed potential.

This is my point exactly. If the ceiling is 8th seed no point at all. If they thought they could be serious contenders for two of those seasons I might do it. Swapping picks would be a must because of what the Suns have to take on in return salary wise.

And just for the record, in any trade the Suns make, I would give up Oubre before Bridges. In this trade I would want to give up either.

Not me by a long shot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I would give up Cam before either of them. Too bad the Suns would have to give up an additional asset just to unload him...

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns can come up with the expiring salaries to match match Love's salary for 2019-2020 season but those last three seasons are going to tie up future moves on an aging player, with a history of injury.

$28,942,830
$31,258,256
$31,258,256
$28,942,830

https://hoopshype.com/player/kevin-love/salary/

I would be genuinely happy to see Love get another run. But with that contract he should be attractive to only a team that can contend at least this year and next, and hope he’s an expiring asset at the time they’re unloading and stocking up assets.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be genuinely happy to see Love get another run. But with that contract he should be attractive to only a team that can contend at least this year and next, and hope he’s an expiring asset at the time they’re unloading and stocking up assets.
Love better be the last piece needed for a championship, because he eliminated all cap flexibility for a few years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That contract is a deal breaker not to mention the other factors like age and injury.

After Brandon Knight's contract, I do not want to go down that rabbit hole again.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42)
1/19/20, 10:06 AM
2020/21 Jazz cap info: Post Royce O’Neale extension

*14 players under contract including 1st rd. pick
* $18M below the projected tax
* Still have $9.8M midlevel and $3.9M biannual exception
* Free agents: J. Clarkson (bird) and E. Mudiay (non-bird)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derrick jones jr and Danuel House are better than Dragan Bender and Josh Jackson.

And they have one thing in common, neither Derrick Jones Jr or Danuel House were drafted.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Parsons, so sad. Hope he recovers but drunks drivers strike again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor Parsons can't catch a break. Hopefully he recovers enough to live a normal life going forward. There's absolutely no excuse to be that drunk at 2pm. Hopefully that driver sees some real prison time for that. Too often you see drunk drivers given a slap on the wrist, or at least that's what I generally see.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So disgusting. No reason for anyone to be out driving drunk - ever. His choice may have permanently altered the life of another person. Hope they throw the book at him and his insurance company pays up for the damage he has done. Too many people dismiss DUI's as no big deal, but here we are in 2020 with people being injured or killed every day due to these idiots.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Poor Parsons can't catch a break. Hopefully he recovers enough to live a normal life going forward. There's absolutely no excuse to be that drunk at 2pm. Hopefully that driver sees some real prison time for that. Too often you see drunk drivers given a slap on the wrist, or at least that's what I generally see.
You typically get fined out the ass on your first offense while also having your license suspended. That's without actually injuring someone, which I would imagine would put you in much more trouble.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So disgusting. No reason for anyone to be out driving drunk - ever. His choice may have permanently altered the life of another person. Hope they throw the book at him and his insurance company pays up for the damage he has done. Too many people dismiss DUI's as no big deal, but here we are in 2020 with people being injured or killed every day due to these idiots.
People are seldom insured enough to cover the type of loss suffered here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twitter is laying into Houston for losing to the Thunder. Apparently there was a big run by the Thunder to get them the lead in the end and Harden was awful from 3 all game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

D'Antoni runs a smaller lineup every game it seems. Only playing Capela 25 minutes. PJ Tucker is the closest thing to a big they have. On almost every other team in the league McLemore, Gordon, and House would be SG's, Sefolosha would be a SF but that's because he's too old and slow to play SG anymore.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose