Bowl Games..who do we watch?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lawrence is a good Qb....but he isnt the prospect that everyone made him out to be last year.

Clemson's OL was substantially worse, so Lawrence actually had to deal with some adversity.

I think hell be a good QB because he mixes pretty good athleticism with a good arm.

It's worth remembering Trevor Lawrence is 20. Joe Burrow is 23.

When Burrow was 20 he would have been washing current Lawrence's jocks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's worth remembering Trevor Lawrence is 20. Joe Burrow is 23.

When Burrow was 20 he would have been washing current Lawrence's jocks.

And Burrow is a much better QB this year than last. I still say the big issue with Lawrence is everything for him is velocity, the better the coverage the harder he throws it trying to slam it in there. He has to learn to touch pass, drop the ball over a LB etc. He's going to be an NFL QB, and probably a very good one, but to be great, he has to be able to do more than throw 100 MPH fastballs all game.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I think part of Lawrences problem this year is he got lazy. Clemson schedule was absolutely pathetic so he really did not get challenged until the last few weeks

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I think part of Lawrences problem this year is he got lazy. Clemson schedule was absolutely pathetic so he really did not get challenged until the last few weeks

They have a weak schedule next year too only ND and maybe South Carolina in the first 6-7 games look remotely competitive, maybe Louisville not sure how good they are going to be. Lawrence has an interesting junior year if they're not unbeaten going into the Bowl games I could very easily see him decide to not play to protect himself for the draft. I wouldn't fault him at all he'll be the projected #1 overall, if there's no chance at a NC for them you can make a very strong argument he should just sit out the rest of the season.

After Tua I think it's quite possible we're going to see some of the top kids do that more and more

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I dont know how anyone can watch Simmons last night and then be skeptical about Wirfs. Both are freak athletes at their positions who can run hot and cold and need to improve their technique. Both have high end potential.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lmao the coach....never seen or heard him before....of course he is the LSU coach. He sounds like rob Snyder in the waterboy. How perfect.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Coach O is a living legend.
When he was the interim HC @ USC , they decided to not bring him back and chose Steve Sarkisian. How did that work out?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a weak schedule next year too only ND and maybe South Carolina in the first 6-7 games look remotely competitive, maybe Louisville not sure how good they are going to be. Lawrence has an interesting junior year if they're not unbeaten going into the Bowl games I could very easily see him decide to not play to protect himself for the draft. I wouldn't fault him at all he'll be the projected #1 overall, if there's no chance at a NC for them you can make a very strong argument he should just sit out the rest of the season.

After Tua I think it's quite possible we're going to see some of the top kids do that more and more

Next years QB class is awful now too. It's Lawrence and Ehlinger.

Lawrence could probably take the season off and still be QB1.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Justin Fields?

Oh yeah, but I don't see him challenging Lawrence for #1. Lawrence will come good. He's had ALOT of attention this last year, takes some getting used to. The distractions must be crazy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know how anyone can watch Simmons last night and then be skeptical about Wirfs. Both are freak athletes at their positions who can run hot and cold and need to improve their technique. Both have high end potential.

Thanks to Brit I’m starting to come around with taking an OT with our first pick. But that player needs to replace Humphries to help fix this defense and cap today and the next few years.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Still can't let DJ go for nothing IMO. Need to tag him and work out a trade.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At Notre Dame will be tough. The rest is very weak, maybe Louisville

Other than Clemson, no ACC team finished in top 25.

Notre Dame did.

Virginia was the only other ACC team to even get votes, and Clemson plays them at home.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lol Wirfs out of nowhere

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cole McDonald
If I wasn't worried about it's impact on Murray and impact to our 53, I would take a swing at him in a second. I would love to see what Kingsbury could do with him. I just don't know if we can afford to keep three QBs at this point in time and I don't believe he would make it to the practice squad.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I wasn't worried about it's impact on Murray and impact to our 53, I would take a swing at him in a second. I would love to see what Kingsbury could do with him. I just don't know if we can afford to keep three QBs at this point in time and I don't believe he would make it to the practice squad.
Makes sense that he just declared as a redshirt Jr., since his HC/OC just bolted for the vacated HC job at Washington State since Mike Leach left for Miss State.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He averaged over 21 yards per catch on 84 receptions. I doubt there’s ever been a catch average that high with a minimum of 70 receptions.
I would question if anyone has even done it with the 63 receptions that Lamb had. I also wonder the type of numbers he could have had in that LSU offense with Burrows passing him the ball.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would question if anyone has even done it with the 63 receptions that Lamb had. I also wonder the type of numbers he could have had in that LSU offense with Burrows passing him the ball.

Idk but he’s had Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball. Not bad.