Bowl Games..who do we watch?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis Ettienne may be the best NFL potential back in game.

Tee Higgins is my #1 WR.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like the LSU running back. That dude is a bowling ball

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. I don't know why I'm watching this. Every time they move, it turns into a blurry painting on my stream.

Oh yeah. People get so open in college football, even when you have two elite teams like this. It's amazing the NFL has as many decent corners as it does because man people just can't cover in the ncaa

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
@Dr. Jones Thoughts on Tee Higgins?

Just thinking of potential "trade back" guys.
I love him. My only worry is redundancy with the unproven and unused Butler at this point. If we trade back, I would probably prefer Ruggs for his game breaking speed.

A 4 WR set of Ruggs - Kirk - Isabella - Butler could prove lethal.

Add in Fitz for a 5th and it's downright ugly.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Very few first rounders scare the absolute hell out of me.

Wirfs
Brown
Wills
Delpit
Shenault
&
Gross Matos

Are my biggest worries.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Simmons is too light in the britches for my liking.

He's 230 lbs at age 21. He's 6'4" He's huge for a backer and he's going to get even bigger.

And just to reiterate. This method of calling the game on TV is the worst thing I've ever heard. It's so awful I may turn it off. Plus a full third of the screen is devoted to visual coverage of the idiots standing around the sidelines telling moronic jokes.

Pro Tip: Been watching 'Field Pass' instead of regular broadcast. Don't do that.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love him. My only worry is redundancy with the unproven and unused Butler at this point. If we trade back, I would probably prefer Ruggs for his game breaking speed.

A 4 WR set of Ruggs - Kirk - Isabella - Butler could prove lethal.

Add in Fitz for a 5th and it's downright ugly.
I prefer Ruggs too. Just never gave much thought to Higgins.

The thing is he actually provides what we need. Outside of Fitz we really dont have much size at WR. Butler is no sure thing.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game tidbits

Brett Venables makes $2.4 million as a DC. Dabo makes $10 million.

Those are Pac 12 officials and they left their yellow hankies at home. I like it.

The cheer babes are top shelf. Both sides.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Whats wrong with him?
I like him.... but not in the top 12 to 13.

He gets beat by a lack of technique right now. Great athlete but bends too much, reaches too much, and doesn't keep a solid base all the time. All very fixable, but at RT I would prefer Thomas. If we were at 15 ish..... He is more my style. Especially with all of the premium skill in this draft.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Young, Okudah, Jeudy, Simmons, Thomas, Lamb, Ruggs, Brown, Kinlaw, Epenesa, then Wirfs for me, then Wills, Delpit, etc.

When you add the three QBs that puts Wirfs around 14 for me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm glad Delpit came off with apparent cramps, before that I was thinking I can't remember ever seeing a highly touted kid fall off the map this quickly. I know he's been hurt this year but he looks AWFUL tonight. Horrible angle running in mud on the Tee Higgins TD run, then the penalty ripping the helmet off and another horrible play in coverage.

Terrell Jr has probably hurt himself even more because he's clearly healthy and has been embarassed by Chase. Admittedly Chase is a stud, Terrell Jr came into the game with the claim he hasn't allowed 60 yards to a WR this year, Chase has 162 in the first half most of it against Terrell.

Again I think he'll be a good pro but this game is again showing why I question if Lawrence isn't overrated, he has a great fastball but I don't think he has a changeup. He tried to drop a touch pass over the defender and nearly got his WR cut in half with such a high throw. He's missed several out routes by just throwing the ball too hard or too high, he has an unreal arm but he doesn't throw a particularly catchable ball IMO, he throws everything 100 MPH.

I'm not massively high on Burrow either but he looks much better to me(maybe he should he's older), running well and has made several nice touch passes.

Simmons looks good, nice in coverage.

I love Edwards-Helaire, we don't need a RB but if he's somehow around after our 3rd pick it'd be awfully tempting to try and move up and get him if Drake is trying to break the bank. Has a lot of Emmitt Smith in him, smaller but same kind of balance and power.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LSU defensive line looks significantly better than Clemson's. Anyone see that defenseless receiver hit by LSU in the second quarter? Surprised that's not a penalty in college. Dude knew the guy didn't catch it and could have pulled up but instead took and easy, cheap hit on the kid.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LSU defensive line looks significantly better than Clemson's. Anyone see that defenseless receiver hit by LSU in the second quarter? Surprised that's not a penalty in college. Dude knew the guy didn't catch it and could have pulled up but instead took and easy, cheap hit on the kid.

100% cheap and could have paralyzed the kid and that is as a LSU fan. Coach should have sat his ass immediately

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson