OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I despise the Steelers more than any team in any sport, and yet, I found myself rooting for them last night. What does that say about Cleveland?? I honestly think we can beat both of these teams. It is pretty amazing that 10 of Pittsburgh's defensive starters were 1st round picks. That being said, they DIDN'T get the job done last night.
I mean, there’s only so much you can do when your scrub QB throws 4 INTs.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Screw your post...... I admire your phone choice! Huawei P30 Pro baby. 3 lenses way before iPhone even thought about it.
It is a great phone, pictures and video are amazing. I got it only for 200 bucks too when I signed up for a new plan. BTW i live in the Philippines, I know it's hard to get this phone in the states

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This act should be jail time not just suspension. If you ever played the game no way in hell can you defend this. He very easily could've killed him, and anyone saying Rudolph instigated there was absolutely no reason he was even tackled ball long gone.

yeah. The QB reacted to an already dirty and egregious tackle. Its all on Garrett. Take out the helmet swing and its just a good ole brawl.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I despise the Steelers more than any team in any sport, and yet, I found myself rooting for them last night. What does that say about Cleveland?? I honestly think we can beat both of these teams. It is pretty amazing that 10 of Pittsburgh's defensive starters were 1st round picks. That being said, they DIDN'T get the job done last night.
I thought we could beat both teams with the players that will be suspended when we play both of them. Take into consideration the defenses we've had to play against this yr already? Lions defense (very underrated imo, 3 pro bowlers on their DL) Ravens, 49ers (will be twice after Sunday) "Shehawks" & Saints. I highly doubt the Browns or Steelers have a better defense than any of those we've played so far. I like our chances.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Myles is getting an Albert Haynesworth level reputation.....

I think he leads the league in late hit penalties IIRC.

He needs a full 16 game suspension IMO. The last half of a lost season is not enough for his growing body of work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Idk how many games he will be suspended but one thing is for sure. He will not be chasing our QB around the field any time soon lol.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think you can make a very good argument for a 16 game suspension for Garrett given the list of other things he's done.

Rudolph will get suspended too for trying to rip the helmet off first. Pouncey will get suspended but I kind of wish they wouldn't at a certain point you have to be able to defend your teammate and that's what he did, I don't for a second think Garrett was going to stop if they just pulled him away, he was going to come back for round 2.

Pouncey wasnt defending his teammate.

Decastro had already pinned him in the ground by that point.

Garrett deserves a long suspension, but Rudolph deserves one as well. So does Pouncey.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pouncey wasnt defending his teammate.

Decastro had already pinned him in the ground by that point.

Garrett deserves a long suspension, but Rudolph deserves one as well. So does Pouncey.

Yeah I rewatched it and I do agree, Pouncey will and should be suspended.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This act should be jail time not just suspension. If you ever played the game no way in hell can you defend this. He very easily could've killed him, and anyone saying Rudolph instigated there was absolutely no reason he was even tackled ball long gone.

I agree on the jail time but his NFL career should be over. And if I were a player on another team I'd refuse to play in any game he's allowed to suit up for. Failing to ban him for life is excusing his behavior IMO. I mean, what does he need to do, grab a gun and start shooting people out there?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suspensions will come as follows:

Miles Garrett : 1 year
O lineman who kicked Miles in the head twice while he was on the ground (Pouncy I think): 4 games
Guy who hit Mason Rudolph with his helmet off - 1 game

and that'll conclude it

Miles would be smart to hire a PR company to take this over asap and get positive PR out asap stating I made a mistake, heat of battle got to me, appologise to Mason and all of Pitt, I'll attend counseling, we all make mistakes, and again apologies to Mason and Pitt...and the key is to DO NOT bring up any justification of why he did it...just apologize and leave it at that.

Update: I was damn close ...only off by 1 game for Pouncy

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree on the jail time but his NFL career should be over. And if I were a player on another team I'd refuse to play in any game he's allowed to suit up for. Failing to ban him for life is excusing his behavior IMO. I mean, what does he need to do, grab a gun and start shooting people out there?
get real...that is SO over reacting it makes sense in today's world

he's in the heat of the battle...no one got hurt

you'd refuse to play....hahahahah I'd like to see that...now you'd be the story

Josh Gordon has been busted 10 times for drugs and not been banned.
Players target players during games and don't get banned
he messed up...move on...and the lucky thing for Miles is NO ONE got hurt.

and dude talking jail time
get over your righteous self ...no one and I mean NO ONE was injured in the slightest way.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get real...that is SO over reacting it makes sense in today's world

he's in the heat of the battle...no one got hurt

you'd refuse to play....hahahahah I'd like to see that...now you'd be the story

Josh Gordon has been busted 10 times for drugs and not been banned.
Players target players during games and don't get banned
he messed up...move on...and the lucky thing for Miles is NO ONE got hurt.

and dude talking jail time
get over your righteous self ...no one and I mean NO ONE was injured in the slightest way.

I'll admit, it's possible I'm overreacting. This incident was coming on the heels of yet another high school shooting and I've reached a zero tolerance level on real violence. But make no mistake, that was real violence. How someone could insist it shouldn't be considered a crime is beyond me.

This isn't the first time that I've suggested that a player should take a stand regarding an unsafe workplace and I realize it probably won't ever happen. But IMO, this kind of stuff won't go away until the League(s) are hit in the wallet for allowing it in the first place. Not banning this player for life (provisionally perhaps, depending on completion of anger management counseling) is allowing it IMO.

But to your closing comment, you can shove that "righteous self" crap up that hole where most of your opinions seem to come from. You have no idea if someone was injured, it's far too soon for that judgement. I was hit by a drunk driver in 1989, I've lived with neck and head problems as a result but symptoms didn't appear until well after the collision. And nowhere is it written that violence is only a crime if someone is injured.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Garrett suspended indefinitely, minimum rest of season

Pouncey for 3 games

Ogunjobi for 1 game

Sounds about right (plus fines everywhere)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrett suspended indefinitely, minimum rest of season

Pouncey for 3 games

Ogunjobi for 1 game

Sounds about right (plus fines everywhere)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, I'm okay with this as long as the "indefinitely" has strings attached. If it were me though I would have given Pouncey at least 4 games and Rudolph 1 or 2 for aggravating the situation.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll admit, it's possible I'm overreacting. This incident was coming on the heels of yet another high school shooting and I've reached a zero tolerance level on real violence. But make no mistake, that was real violence. How someone could insist it shouldn't be considered a crime is beyond me.

This isn't the first time that I've suggested that a player should take a stand regarding an unsafe workplace and I realize it probably won't ever happen. But IMO, this kind of stuff won't go away until the League(s) are hit in the wallet for allowing it in the first place. Not banning this player for life (provisionally perhaps, depending on completion of anger management counseling) is allowing it IMO.

But to your closing comment, you can shove that "righteous self" crap up that hole where most of your opinions seem to come from. You have no idea if someone was injured, it's far too soon for that judgement. I was hit by a drunk driver in 1989, I've lived with neck and head problems as a result but symptoms didn't appear until well after the collision. And nowhere is it written that violence is only a crime if someone is injured.

simmer down

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Demarius Randall should also serve a Lengthy suspension for his intentional targeting.

Dirty ass team. Freddie Kitchens has lost control of his players
Leftovers from a Williams led defense a year ago. No shocker here.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm okay with this as long as the "indefinitely" has strings attached. If it were me though I would have given Pouncey at least 4 games and Rudolph 1 or 2 for aggravating the situation.

I have Rudolph back on this. If you body slam me way after I throw the ball, I will likely react.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess Rudolph’s involvement did not warrant any disciplinary action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Rudolph back on this. If you body slam me way after I throw the ball, I will likely react.

I would too and if it hadn't reached the helmet to the head point, his actions would likely be overlooked. But while he didn't initiate this incident, he did aggravate it with his initial reaction (trying to twist Garrett's helmet) and then running towards Garrett later when he's being controlled by a couple of Rudolph's teammates.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In a sane world Garrett would be kicked out of the league. Behavior like that in any other company would be automatic firing and probably charges brought up on them.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would too and if it hadn't reached the helmet to the head point, his actions would likely be overlooked. But while he didn't initiate this incident, he did aggravate it with his initial reaction (trying to twist Garrett's helmet) and then running towards Garrett later when he's being controlled by a couple of Rudolph's teammates.

Mason Rudolph is the Grayson Allen of the NFL. Maybe not so much with cheap shots but man does his personality grind on people. Zero excuse for what happened, but even before that I could see him aggravating players and whining all game long.