• Lawrence

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Words in my mouth? Did I say they made it up?

you need to see for #s for yourself is basically the same as saying he’s lying and you don’t believe him I’d say?? I’m sure most would take it that way. Lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just a straight up asinine comment and Im surprised more people aren't calling you out on it.

LOL breaking NFL rookie records, the qb that had the best game statistically against the vaunted 9ers defense and you are still doubting he could start in this league??? And you bring up Baker whose problem is Kitchens as an example???

I wanted to. Work got in the way.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I took a video of the 12 second clip which was about 13.5 mins left in 3rd quarter right after Vea batted the pass down. But won’t let me upload it. Weird I’ve uploaded them before.

Said he’s tied with Baker Mayfield for league lead at 13...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Basically, Murray has done everything you could ask for a rookie to do in his first season with the talent around him... we need to call the responses, 'how paranoid of a Cardinal fan are you' lol

At the same time Jet, we did use the #1 overall pick on Murray.

For better or for worse, "great" is the level of expectation. It's a hard truth, but a fair one.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Shocking, someone call the Associated Press!

"Cardinals message board calls Kyler Murray the best NFL QB to come out in the next three years!"

Front page news.

Just remember how you railed, endlessly, against picking K1 Solar7. Think about the certainty with which you made your arguments sir.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
At the same time Jet, we did use the #1 overall pick on Murray.

For better or for worse, "great" is the level of expectation. It's a hard truth, but a fair one.

My God...a real honest to goodness true fair statement.With the #1 pick comes huge expectations..and with the extra hype and "transcendent' status awarded to KM before he ever took a snap in the NFL he`s got a lot to live up to.Sure he has looked mighty good at times and he has also looked like a rookie who is struggled to adjust to the NFL at times.Will he live up to his draft status and the hype? We will have to wait and see....Will he continue to be Teflon coated and rarely blamed for interceptions or failure to even be adequate in the REDZONE?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just remember how you railed, endlessly, against picking K1 Solar7. Think about the certainty with which you made your arguments sir.
Oh, I remember. I didn't want him. And then for most of the offseason/camp/preseason, I was unconvinced. Now I think he's good and is the clear future for the team, but this has devolved into current politics at the dinner table, amazingly. Even where I'm a registered Republican.

I won't get too into the analogy, since this isn't P&R, but I can say "sure he's done great in X, but I'm worried he..." and get cut off with "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM, HE IS THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO US AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT YOU CAN GET OUT. OBVIOUSLY YOU WANTED THE OTHER OPTION AND HERE'S THE REASONS THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND WOULD BE FAILING US."

We're 3-5-1, only 14th in points, unlikely to get another win, and the reaction I get to saying "whoa guys let's pump our brakes here" is equivalent to "I hate this team and all of you."

I've never seen this board this fervently passionate about one player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh, I remember. I didn't want him. And then for most of the offseason/camp/preseason, I was unconvinced. Now I think he's good and is the clear future for the team, but this has devolved into current politics at the dinner table, amazingly. Even where I'm a registered Republican.

I won't get too into the analogy, since this isn't P&R, but I can say "sure he's done great in X, but I'm worried he..." and get cut off with "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM, HE IS THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO US AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT YOU CAN GET OUT. OBVIOUSLY YOU WANTED THE OTHER OPTION AND HERE'S THE REASONS THEY ARE TERRIBLE AND WOULD BE FAILING US."

We're 3-5-1, only 14th in points, unlikely to get another win, and the reaction I get to saying "whoa guys let's pump our brakes here" is equivalent to "I hate this team and all of you."

And the record is Murray's fault? You mention things like this is a way to detract from his accomplishments thus far.

Your "worries" so far have almost all turned out to be bull dunk. Can you not see that you have trended wrong about all your litany of worries about him so far? If I were you, I'd realized that these "worries" were all pretty much manufactured.

Your take on Murray reminds me of how I felt about Russell Wilson. Even when he continued to prove me wrong, I still held onto the notion that Wilson was a "game manager".

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

You dare question the "annointed one"...You fail to gaze with awe at his mighty gameplay..:koolaid:....you fail to realize the "great and powerful Kyler can do not wrong".:notworthy:You heathen non believer.:madarms:
The horde will want to tar and feather all non-believers:whip:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And the record is Murray's fault? You mention things like this is a way to detract from his accomplishments thus far.

Your "worries" so far have almost all turned out to be bull dunk. Can you not see that you have trended wrong about all your litany of worries about him so far? If I were you, I'd realized that these "worries" were all pretty much manufactured.

Your take on Murray reminds me of how I felt about Russell Wilson. Even when he continued to prove me wrong, I still held onto the notion that Wilson was a "game manager".
I haven't been wildly wrong about anything yet. My entire issue with drafting Murray and doing this wild experiment is that we wouldn't see much improvement over our record with Rosen and would be tied to the kid. Six games left and we have a half game lead on last year's atrocious team.

He has played great for my fantasy team. If we keep losing with him, it will not matter, just like it doesn't matter for Matthew Stafford. And this is basically my point. We have no clue if he'll keep this up, learn to win NFL games, or whatever. He has looked good and we can be proud he's good. Yelling that there's no way he can possibly ever regress is shortsighted, and I have no idea how you can keep clinging to it.

He had two crucial errors this week that cost us the game. The major INT, the major clock runoff with the ball in his hands to tie at the end. Have I even brought it up all week? Nah, he's a rookie, these things happen, but pretending like he played a perfect game and it's all someone else's fault is just pure apologetics.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I haven't been wildly wrong about anything yet. My entire issue with drafting Murray and doing this wild experiment is that we wouldn't see much improvement over our record with Rosen and would be tied to the kid. Six games left and we have a half game lead on last year's atrocious team.

He has played great for my fantasy team. If we keep losing with him, it will not matter, just like it doesn't matter for Matthew Stafford. And this is basically my point. We have no clue if he'll keep this up, learn to win NFL games, or whatever. He has looked good and we can be proud he's good. Yelling that there's no way he can possibly ever regress is shortsighted, and I have no idea how you can keep clinging to it.

He had two crucial errors this week that cost us the game. The major INT, the major clock runoff with the ball in his hands to tie at the end. Have I even brought it up all week? Nah, he's a rookie, these things happen, but pretending like he played a perfect game and it's all someone else's fault is just pure apologetics.

If Murray ends up being a more mobile Stafford that will be very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I dont think Rosen even wins 3 and ties one of these games.

You cant compare records against last year because the schedule changes and your divisional opponents change.

Last year the Niners were hot garbage.

No one is pretending he had a perfect game Solar. You love putting words in people's mouths.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’ll vote for the guy Burrow couldn’t beat out at Ohio State.

I still think Darnold is the young QB with the brightest future. But it’s all about situations and Murray is probably in the best situation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It did get really vicious on here leading up to the draft, didn't it Vacard? People were degrading Murray, calling him names, insulting him and his family.

I still can't believe the way they came after him. It was just.. wow.

and people like you and others were degrading fellow fans for daring to question him.

so, what's worse? Cardinals fans bashing a guy who wasn't even on the team yet? Or Cardinals fans bashing other Cardinals fans for a guy who wasn't even on the team yet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You cant compare records against last year because the schedule changes and your divisional opponents change.

No one is pretending he had a perfect game Solar. You love putting words in people's mouths.

I agree. Even though Murray has run himself into some sacks, he's still been a Houdini on many, many more. Rosen would have been sacked close to 40 times already this season. Maybe more.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

That was a little hyperbole at the end, kinda poorly written. I just was essentially trying to say Kyler had his hand in losing the game at the end with two pretty bad things.

As far as winning or losing as far as the record goes? There's no guarantee that Rosen or whoever could play well enough to win them, no, or if the defense would have been relatively adequate with a Quinnen Williams or Joey Bosa, but the only comparison we really can have is just record vs. record, and as of right now, we're still a three win team. The wild, Hail-Mary move that Keim made to save his career with the Cardinals is still very much at risk, and while it's a step up offensively, there's plenty of room for doubt that it's much of a step up in terms of the long term outlook for this team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That was a little hyperbole at the end, kinda poorly written. I just was essentially trying to say Kyler had his hand in losing the game at the end with two pretty bad things.

As far as winning or losing as far as the record goes? There's no guarantee that Rosen or whoever could play well enough to win them, no, or if the defense would have been relatively adequate with a Quinnen Williams or Joey Bosa, but the only comparison we really can have is just record vs. record, and as of right now, we're still a three win team. The wild, Hail-Mary move that Keim made to save his career with the Cardinals is still very much at risk, and while it's a step up offensively, there's plenty of room for doubt that it's much of a step up in terms of the long term outlook for this team.

What are ignoring or just not seeing is that Murray is the biggest reason the Cardinals are more competitive this year. If another QB was here (cough Rosen), I wouldnt doubt if the Cardinals were 0 fer.

Schedules change. Teams change. Last year the Cardinals swept the Niners. This year they likely get swept. Murray was the reason they were even in the game against the Niners.

And this isn't the same as the Plummer problem, you know...Jake Plummer would put the team in a hole and then save the day....Murray isnt putting the team in a hole. He has been historically good at not turning the ball over. 5 TOs is magnificent. His TD numbers could be higher, but the lack of TOs is good football especially considering his historically high pass attempts.

I bet you Murray ends the season with around 20-25 total TDs...you want to take that bet?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA