About Larry...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not Larry's fault Murray isn't throwing to him. Keep him at $11 million for several more years. Don't want him to retire yet.
maybe it isnt. Maybe hes not open. Not really sure. I wish they wouldzoom out the TV broadcast so you could see the WRs too and not just the qb/lines until the ball is thrown.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not Larry's fault Murray isn't throwing to him. Keep him at $11 million for several more years. Don't want him to retire yet.

you don’t go from averaging 6 catches per game and the QBs safety net and most reliable WR to the QB just forgetting about him and not throwing to him. If that’s what is happening then Murray needs a big slap in the bag of his head.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Larry is still the best receiver on this team.

Larry is going to be paid what Mike B pays him. If his production is on par with $11 million per season, then I promise that’s what it’s going to be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
About Larry:

9 Games - 42 Receptions - 485 Yards - 11.5 Yards/Reception - 2 TD's

On pace for 75 Receptions - 900 Yards - 4 TD's

Let's look at other receivers from 2018 that had similar production and how much they made:

Jarvis Landry: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jarvis-landry-14473/
Tyler Lockett: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/tyler-lockett-16793/
Corey Davis: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/corey-davis-21746/
Sterling Shepard: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/sterling-shepard-18989/
Emanuel Sanders: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/emmanuel-sanders-6590/

Obviously you can argue age...but his pay is commensurate with other receivers at similar production. At least that's how I see it.
Uh you realize almost all of the guys you listed are considered to be having disappointing seasons. So that’s literally a TERRIBLE argument.

pay cut.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
you don’t go from averaging 6 catches per game and the QBs safety net and most reliable WR to the QB just forgetting about him and not throwing to him. If that’s what is happening then Murray needs a big slap in the bag of his head.

Come on, Shane. Even you know people don't have bags in their head.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Larry is Legend who is Fitz who is the best player ever to wear a Cardinal uniform. He is such a leader and champion for the Cards that fussing over a couple of million dollars is silly.

I believe Larry still loves playing football and loves this team. He celebrates every TD by his teammates and genuinely appears to be thrilled for them.

There is a lot to be said for that kind of leadership.

Larry Wilson is the best player to wear the uniform.Fitz is just behind him.Dan Dierdorf,Roger Wehrli,Jackie Smith all top guys.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've said it before, the guy has value beyond the stat line in what he does for the locker room. Anyone thinking he is worth only $5m is crazy. Anyone thinking an extra $3m by getting him for $8m vs $11m is going to do anything significant for this team is crazy. Keim loses $3m in the couch cushions on just a couple random no fanfare signings each season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it before, the guy has value beyond the stat line in what he does for the locker room. Anyone thinking he is worth only $5m is crazy. Anyone thinking an extra $3m by getting him for $8m vs $11m is going to do anything significant for this team is crazy. Keim loses $3m in the couch cushions on just a couple random no fanfare signings each season.
This line of thought is so incredibly overrated... LOL what’s the record of this team overall In the 16 years of Larry and his leadership?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Larry Wilson is the best player to wear the uniform.Fitz is just behind him.Dan Dierdorf,Roger Wehrli,Jackie Smith all top guys.

I love the guys you mentioned, and I saw all of them in their prime, but Fitz is the best Cardinal player ever, and it's not even close.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
no sorry Larry is the greatest

No sorry you are wrong.larry Wilson is the greatest Cardinal.Toughest player to wear the uniform.A badass back in the day.Since you likely aren`t old enough to have seen Larry Wilson play I disagree with your view.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Larry Wilson 13 years 8 pro-bowls 5 All-Pro HOF in first year eligible. 52 INTs 5 TDs
played with casts on both hands and intercepted passes.Played 2 weeks after suffering a collasped lung. Bobby Layne said " Larry Wilson pound for pound is the toughest guy in the league".Bobby Layne was a tough guy also.last QB to play a season without a facemask.1962.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Larry is currently 56th in DVOA and DYAR. At this point, he's a low-end #3 WR. Everyone characteriizes him as a "quiet leader", and it's extremely unclear what, exactly, he brings to the locker room. Did he do much for Michael Floyd, whom he was allegedly tight with? Who knows? There's a real question what a guy pushing 40 can really do with a bunch of 21- and 22-year old guys in the meeting room.

That said, I'm not going to sweat that $11 million cap number right now. While I'm against leveraging Terrell Suggs for PR purposes, I'm for dedicating 30% of Fitz's cap hold for PR purposes. He's probably world that.

Fitz has the second-highest cap hit on the team this year, which is a tough pill to swallow. But as long as he's not looking for raises, that cap number becomes more of a bargain every year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think the Fitz thing is less of an issue since Murray is on a rookie deal. Money should not be a concern right now. If you feel like Fitzgerald is slowing the development of young players by taking snaps, that can be a legitimate concern.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gotta love the ...'just pay him cause' he's Larry'

I yelled last year that Larry isn't worth the money anymore. He's not producing anywhere near where he's being paid

This team needs to look at the Ravens and begin the carbon copy machine ...and it begins up front

The Cardinals MUST go buy O linemen...at least 2 non injured high end O linemen and build the run game like the Ravens
Then go get the D line and LB's (inside and out) Hicks is solid

Then and ONLY then can this team compete in the division

Cards aren't even close to competing in the division at this point....SF, Rams and Seattle are in another league at this point.

Paying Larry $11 mill cause he's Larry is beyond dumb...Keim needs to spend money wisely...unlike the last 5 years. He spends money like a teenager who just got his first credit card.

Lastly: Anyone on this board has watched the games....Larry has lost every bit of his speed and is simply at 'throw the ball towards him' and hope. 3rd string CB's have been covering him and he can't get 1 step of separation. The magic is gone...it was amazing while it lasted, but it's time to face the fact that he and his stats can be replaced by a 6th round rookie. He's only averaging 53 yards a game...and sure as hell isn't demanding any double coverages.
So, you got a WR who's a legend who's lost his speed and produces 53 yards a game and you pay him $11 million a year.....are you honestly going to keep paying him when you have huge needs at O line, D line and LB. If so, your loyalty has blinded you over what it takes to win in the NFL.

Do you see any team in our division paying a guy WAY over what they produce just because the player is associate with their team? Nope...I wonder why...because they understand the cap.
Shoot even Seattle knew when it was time to get rid of Lynch and Sherman...but not AZ. Pay Larry a lions share of the cap...he's a legend. That thinking has got to stop.

Remember Murray's rookie deal will end in 3 years...at that time the Cardinals will have to give the kings ransom to him. You got more years to become elite....or you've wasted the golden ticket (which is a starting QB on a rookie deal)....that's how Seattle became so successful...they used their cap to the best advantage they could.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It was Fitzgerald who blazed 64 yards to the endzone with 2:47 left in the 4th quarter of the superbowl, to put us up by three. Not Larry Wilson. Not Wehrli, not Lomax.

He was a wrecking machine in that playoff run. So if you're looking for things that differentiate merely great players vs. the absolute greatest, I think you have to consider his performance in that 2008 season + post-season. He was unstoppable, and he almost got us a championship.

We were so close Larry. So close.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
These "Larry" threads are so ridiculous... I can assure you that Mike B doesn't give this a millisecond of thought... nor should he.
The Cardinals have never been much of a marquee franchise, however, somehow the team has been blessed to have had one of the greatest WR's in the history of the game, who is also, arguably, one of the greatest ambassadors of, not only the team, not only the Valley, but the league itself. Every NFL team craves to find a guy like Larry...
I have no doubt that, years ago, Larry and Mike B sat down and worked this all out. They are in lock-step and have an understanding as to how Larry will wrap up his time as a Cardinal.
It's pointless to debate the issue. Larry will make whatever he and Mike B have already agreed to, for as long as they have agreed to... and as a fan of the team and of the sport of football, I couldn't be any happier! Hell, I hope Larry plays another 5 years!! :koolaid:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These "Larry" threads are so ridiculous... I can assure you that Mike B doesn't give this a millisecond of thought... nor should he.
The Cardinals have never been much of a marquee franchise, however, somehow the team has been blessed to have had one of the greatest WR's in the history of the game, who is also, arguably, one of the greatest ambassadors of, not only the team, not only the Valley, but the league itself. Every NFL team craves to find a guy like Larry...
I have no doubt that, years ago, Larry and Mike B sat down and worked this all out. They are in lock-step and have an understanding as to how Larry will wrap up his time as a Cardinal.
It's pointless to debate the issue. Larry will make whatever he and Mike B have already agreed to, for as long as they have agreed to... and as a fan of the team and of the sport of football, I couldn't be any happier! Hell, I hope Larry plays another 5 years!! :koolaid:

But I'm fine with it but this show off also a questionable mentality which is explain why we are pretty often in the bottom of the Nfl

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Ignorance is bliss

what he did yesterday has NO baring on what he's doing tomorrow...I love the 'during the super bowl run' posted by someone else...what does that have to do with anything going on today.

He was a great player...he isn't anymore ...there isn't one stat you can give from this season or last to prove otherwise

Shoot you'd still be paying Dan Dierdorf if you could...who cares if he's 80 and can't drive to the game ...pay him cause he's Dan the Man

Go study the NFL salary cap and come back with what you learned

I'll help ...every team has $191 million ...Every team has 191 million to spend....and every penny matters! You have to maximize your team at every level...and every dollar spent must be spent buying the best players you can to maximize your team. Larry is paid $11 million of that cap this year...where the team could have let him go and just put in Isablla who's producing more at a higher level and put that $11 million at 2 O lineman or 2 D lineman...who are young and produce.
I could go on forever, but the ignorance that people have on this board about paying someone due to their past is beyond dumb

What's next: Pay DJ another 100 million because he was one of the best a few years ago.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It was Fitzgerald who blazed 64 yards to the endzone with 2:47 left in the 4th quarter of the superbowl, to put us up by three. Not Larry Wilson. Not Wehrli, not Lomax.

He was a wrecking machine in that playoff run. So if you're looking for things that differentiate merely great players vs. the absolute greatest, I think you have to consider his performance in that 2008 season + post-season. He was unstoppable, and he almost got us a championship.

We were so close Larry. So close.

Larry Wilson is the best ever Cardinal.Everyone loves Fitz but Larry Wilson was one of the best in the NFL when it was real football during a time when it wasn't video game scores.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Larry Wilson is the best ever Cardinal.Everyone loves Fitz but Larry Wilson was one of the best in the NFL when it was real football during a time when it wasn't video game scores.
Agreed ....let's pay A. Williams too he was an amazing CB....how about Larry Centers ...

Shoot the Cardinals could spread the money out like this for 2020

Dan Dierdorf $10 mill
Kurt Warner $10 mill
A. Williams $10 mill
Larry Fitzgerald $10 mill
Eric Swann $10 mill
Anquan Boldin $10 mill
Larry Centers $10 mill
Wilson $10 mill
Rob Moore $10 mill

and fill in the rest of the roster with the remaining 101 million ...I'm sure the Cardinals will be fine.

Pay them because yesterday they were GREAT

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss

what he did yesterday has NO baring on what he's doing tomorrow...I love the 'during the super bowl run' posted by someone else...what does that have to do with anything going on today.

He was a great player...he isn't anymore ...there isn't one stat you can give from this season or last to prove otherwise

Shoot you'd still be paying Dan Dierdorf if you could...who cares if he's 80 and can't drive to the game ...pay him cause he's Dan the Man

Go study the NFL salary cap and come back with what you learned

I'll help ...every team has $191 million ...Every team has 191 million to spend....and every penny matters! You have to maximize your team at every level...and every dollar spent must be spent buying the best players you can to maximize your team. Larry is paid $11 million of that cap this year...where the team could have let him go and just put in Isablla who's producing more at a higher level and put that $11 million at 2 O lineman or 2 D lineman...who are young and produce.
I could go on forever, but the ignorance that people have on this board about paying someone due to their past is beyond dumb

What's next: Pay DJ another 100 million because he was one of the best a few years ago.

Debating this topic is pointless... Larry will be here and will get paid whatever he and Mike B have agreed to, years ago...

And thx for the cap tutorial! You are quite the capologist! Have you given any thought to a career as a GM? Rumors are Keim’s days are numbered... ya never know! [emoji12]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard