About Larry...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious if people think Larry is still sandbagging his handicap.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have met Larry's dad on a plane to the eagles game a few years ago. He was very nice to my son and I and talked to us throughout the flight. I don't know where the bad comments come from about him, but he was nice as hell to us.

Besides some scandalous marital issues many years back (before Larry's mom passed)...

He's pretty gruff and has gotten into it with fans before on social media and even badmouthed the Cards a few years back and even Larry had to crack back on him with several responses that basically said "My father does not speak for me."

My fathers inflammatory comments dont reflect my feelings or mood. We're 1-0 & working tirelessly to be 2-0 this week thats my only concern.

— Larry Fitzgerald (@LarryFitzgerald) September 10, 2014

Somehow this feels like a child yelling at his annoying soccer dad to zip it on the sideline.

Glad you had a decent experience, but many people I've talked with, including friends living in Minnesota, seem to regard him as a jerk.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides some scandalous marital issues many years back (before Larry's mom passed)...

He's pretty gruff and has gotten into it with fans before on social media and even badmouthed the Cards a few years back and even Larry had to crack back on him with several responses that basically said "My father does not speak for me."

My fathers inflammatory comments dont reflect my feelings or mood. We're 1-0 & working tirelessly to be 2-0 this week thats my only concern.

Somehow this feels like a child yelling at his annoying soccer dad to zip it on the sideline.

Glad you had a decent experience, but many people I've talked with, including friends living in Minnesota, seem to regard him as a jerk.

Is there anyone not regarded as a jerk by at least one person?

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
This topic keeps coming up. Larry is still a solid contributor. Is he overpaid? Maybe....but so are a lot of players who contribute a lot less than Larry. And then there are those who are underpaid. That's the way the ball bounces. It is not an exact science. But one thing is for sure, the Cardinals will not be worse for having him on the field next year. It's not a big risk. Now David Johnson, there's a big risk that has backfired. Of course, we could just take Larry's 11 million and use it to sign Antonio Brown. Of course, AB is sorry for all his distractions. But for the team that gives him a big contract, let's see what happens. I'd rather spend it on another year of Larry's clutch receiving, great hands, tough blocking, and team leadership.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point it comes time to cut the cord with great players an move on. Let some other team overpay for an aging great player trying to get one last paycheck or pad some stats.

The Cowboys did it with Emmitt Smith

The Ravens did it with Terrell Suggs

Ironically the Cardinals were on the wrong end of both of those deals.

Sadly Fitz has been a shell of himself so far this year. The time is coming to cut the cord.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all love Fitz and I personally believe he could play a few more seasons, but as we are rebuilding, is there a point where you ask him to take a pay cut to keep playing WR for the team? Or do we just pencil him in at $11 million every season?

Not at his current clip. I personally think if he finishes the season with less than 600 yards he will retire anyway.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it’s time. Him and Peterson have been here 15-10 years and moving on would save us 20 million + a year

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Larry is already personally responsible for 1/3 of our team wins. His leadership and game smarts is still off the charts. He still does all the other things that do not show up in the stat sheet that makes ths ballclub better every week. He is open a lot and the ball doesn't get there as oftes as it should. It is not his fault K2 was calling so many ridiculous lateral passes. Is he a 1,200 to 1,500 yard receicver any longer? No. He is still clearly our number 2. Until the team finds someone better we are better with him.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m ok with Larry this year and maybe next, BUT not at current $11m range. Next years salary needs to be more realistic to his numbers, perhaps $5m or time to say goodbye

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading all these stories of players hitting their incentive bonuses in the final regular season game of the year has me wondering - why not just sign Larry to a lesser deal with performance bonuses built in?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Reading all these stories of players hitting their incentive bonuses in the final regular season game of the year has me wondering - why not just sign Larry to a lesser deal with performance bonuses built in?

Because they still have to account for them against the cap in case he hits them.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
love Fitz

but i saw many situations where Fitz didnt make plays that even 2019 Fitz makes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard