About Larry...

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Ask him to sign for 8 million.
He’s worth that as a receiver.
Best clutch receiver on our team right now!

Reaction score
This is hysterical!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Even better, as we were standing there laughing, I looked at Seattle media members who thought Larry was dead serious instead of poking fun at -- his Dad.
That's good stuff!!! LOL.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So, just looking at where Fitz sits with respect to all-time records... and I'm wondering, IF he decides to return for the 2020 season, does that mean it is guaranteed that he returns for the 2021 season as well? I mean, if he were to come back next season and put up a similar season to this one, at the end of the 2020 season he would be in the range of 90-95 catches short of Rice's all-time receptions total. I'm sure there might be a few other all-time records potentially in reach as well. Clearly receiving yards and TD's won't be attainable. But receptions could very well be within reach. Hmmmmmmm.......

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, just looking at where Fitz sits with respect to all-time records... and I'm wondering, IF he decides to return for the 2020 season, does that mean it is guaranteed that he returns for the 2021 season as well? I mean, if he were to come back next season and put up a similar season to this one, at the end of the 2020 season he would be in the range of 90-95 catches short of Rice's all-time receptions total. I'm sure there might be a few other all-time records potentially in reach as well. Clearly receiving yards and TD's won't be attainable. But receptions could very well be within reach. Hmmmmmmm.......
I think so, plus he would break the consecutive games with a reception streak in 2021 if he stays healthy, need 33 more games.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

2 more seasons and he has the longest streak for consecutive receptions and there is none behind him that will take that away for another decade at least.

So basically he has to go for 2 years to be first all time catches and first all time consecutive receptions and with another 1-2k yards he would be at around 19k yards that should do it for all time second for a long stretch. Still truth be told, if he stays healthy and plays another 4 years he might catch the total yards as well at some point. That even more if we add a real #1 since he doesn't get doubled anymore at that point and can get easy 1k yards, with a KM that improves.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
You try to get the best possible price, but you don't or shouldn't ask a future HOFer to take a pay raise.

OTOH, you can put some of the compensation in the form of bonuses, e.g. Peyton Manning was asked to reduce his final year's
salary by $2 million with the chance to make it up if the Broncos won the Super Bowl. They did!!!

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You try to get the best possible price, but you don't or shouldn't ask a future HOFer to take a pay raise.

OTOH, you can put some of the compensation in the form of bonuses, e.g. Peyton Manning was asked to reduce his final year's
salary by $2 million with the chance to make it up if the Broncos won the Super Bowl. They did!!!

The Cards (Mike Bidwill) isn't going to dick around with this; it's a five minute restating of his last contract: sign here. IMO.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If he had played his entire career with a Pro Bowl QB like Rice did he would already have most of the records.

Totally agree..outside of a few years with Warner and Palmer, he has to have the worst QB's of any WR in the top 10 (all time).

Check out 2010 and 2011.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Totally agree..outside of a few years with Warner and Palmer, he has to have the worst QB's of any WR in the top 10 (all time).

THe other side of that coin is that the offense was forcing him the ball over and over again, helping him accumulate counting stats. In a functioning offense with a functional QB, there's little chance that he gets the absurd 173 targets he got in 2010, for example.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is 2010:

2015-2019

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
THe other side of that coin is that the offense was forcing him the ball over and over again, helping him accumulate counting stats. In a functioning offense with a functional QB, there's little chance that he gets the absurd 173 targets he got in 2010, for example.

In '07, '08 and '09, Fitz had respectively: 167, 154 and 153 targets... When Boldin was another option.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Targets are cool and all, but when a lot of those target are inaccurate passes it doesn’t do a whole lot of good. With a better QB he probably has less targets, but the efficiency of those targets would be much better and would likely lead to better overall numbers and more consistency year to year.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He shouldn’t have a problem playing for less. He isn’t a top 10 wr anymore. Give him 8 and add more talent.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He shouldn’t have a problem playing for less. He isn’t a top 10 wr anymore. Give him 8 and add more talent.
It's not his fault we are not throwing the ball to him. He has the best hands in the NFL and can still go up and get it.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still think at this juncture in his career, if he took 7-8mil instead of 11, we could add one / two more playersfor the difference

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
We all love Fitz and I personally believe he could play a few more seasons, but as we are rebuilding, is there a point where you ask him to take a pay cut to keep playing WR for the team? Or do we just pencil him in at $11 million every season?

The Browns pay 18M to Beckham and 15M to Landry. I'm thinkin' Larry's 11M is not something anybody needs to complain about.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I have met Larry's dad on a plane to the eagles game a few years ago. He was very nice to my son and I and talked to us throughout the flight. I don't know where the bad comments come from about him, but he was nice as hell to us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard