Kyler Murray Stat Line vs Bengals

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
pretty damn happy about Kyler's progression, especially as he becomes a double threat. future is bright for that kid which means the future is bright for the franchise that I think has a really great shot of having a legit young QBOTF.

This is what I envisioned when I watched tape of Murray at OU.

I think his raw-ness from a PT perspective was greater than I expected, but with every rep, and every game, he is getting better. I suspect we will see a dreaded 3-4 INT game at some point in time, but he has generally been pretty good at protecting the ball.

I think Kingsbury really needs to learn a lesson about how the Cincy game unfolded. I think unless the personnel is 100% perfect, he is going to have to go hybrid air raid for his offense to work.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
similar to DJ appearing super slow when he is not.
I think the choppy running style will keep him injury free imo. I like it. It keeps him compact and able to make quick decisions... But his height also just makes it look like that. He could have short legs, compared to his overall frame .. I was a pretty quick dude as well when I was younger and had that whole short leg issue that made my speed look choppy.. so the speed is there but the optics make it look otherwise. Imo

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the real deal. Gets better every game
How long have you had your season tickets?? I was in Section 431, Row A for several years but gave them up because of my divorce.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Any conclusions you can share after watching that SoonerLou?
Still staring down/pre determing a few throws. Much better pocket movement and finally started climbing the pocket.

It helps that it was the Bengals. For the first time it seemed like Kyler had physical confidence.

The Falcons are a faster defense so he's going to make make reads quicker and be decisive. However, if he can carry that confidence/protection over to next week I think we can see him start to peel off a few good games in a row.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Bengals game would have been a Cards blow out if they were to convert at least one more red zone and if the D didn't fall apart in the 4th quarter. Offense played well, they just need to call better plays in the red zone.

The D needs to step up or they won't be winning any of these remaining games. If the D can hold offenses to more punts, they have a good chance to win at leas the next 2 games.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I feel good, and happy for the kid to get his first win. Fighting against a bad Bengals team? I would hope for more TDs... but I'm not going to complain.

He's clearly not Michael Vick or Russell Wilson, but he's also not Kevin Kolb or Derek Anderson, so that's good. I'll let Kyler Murray be Kyler Murray if he can grow. Our offense has to learn how to score in the red zone. That may be Kyler, that may be Kliff, but it has to be resolved.

That said, there are some some teams in such tricky situations that I can't guarantee we'll have the chance to pick someone better, so I guess this win and a tie count as success to some degree. Tua won't be there for us, so I can't hate it.

(Again) Go Cards!

You mean he is not Russell or Vick yet, or rather is not Kyler Murray yet with some seasoning which is obvious (though Vick himself said he looked a lot like him from a production/style standpoint during the Bengal game and Kirkpatrick of the Bengals said he looks to be a better version of Russell Wilson on maturity). My gosh he's a freaking rookie and boggles the mind thinking about all these rehashing critiques as the end all after every freaking game he plays in his still young career, as well as Kingsbury who has shown he is obviously adapting too. Take a chill pill boys and stop all these dang caveats about other QBs when he has yet to shown we have made the wrong choice

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You mean he is not Russell or Vick yet, or rather is not Kyler Murray yet with some seasoning which is obvious (though Vick himself said he looked a lot like him from a production/style standpoint during the Bengal game and Kirkpatrick of the Bengals said he looks to be a better version of Russell Wilson on maturity). My gosh he's a freaking rookie and boggles the mind thinking about all these rehashing critiques as the end all after every freaking game he plays in his still young career, as well as Kingsbury who has shown he is obviously adapting too. Take a chill pill boys and stop all these dang caveats about other QBs when he has yet to shown we have made the wrong choice
I've said it once, and I will say it again: what we gave up for Kyler, where we picked him, and the wild risks we took in selecting both our coach and QB means he has extra special expectations.

At the end of the day, Keim's job isn't going to be saved by giving it time for Kyler to develop. This team will need some signature wins and some sign of life that they can truly compete against good teams in this league.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've said it once, and I will say it again: what we gave up for Kyler, where we picked him, and the wild risks we took in selecting both our coach and QB means he has extra special expectations.

At the end of the day, Keim's job isn't going to be saved by giving it time for Kyler to develop. This team will need some signature wins and some sign of life that they can truly compete against good teams in this league.

I can care less about Kiems job at this point. He has done a horrible job re tooling this roster.

Kyler has already shown enough that he is a top 15-20 qb already.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

:)
You must be registered for see images attach

Reactions: HGC

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Team stats are better, counting qb runs we had 38 runs to 32 passes and more rpo/play action opportunity against a very bad bengals team. He didn’t slide much and took more hits - that can’t continue long term. He has great qb skills, but remains small and at risk as a hobbit against NFL orcs - not bad for a unicorn in a fantasy league.

We can grow from this. We won time of possession and that matters a lot to the defense. It’s a team sport and KM looked like a one quarter back - in a traditional Fundamentally sound NFL offense. I have hope! Looks like we finally caught up to where we could have been if we would have prepared properly in preseason. Basically threw away the first 1/4 of the season in a new offense with a rookie quarterback.

Team stats are more important than his stat line - we still have a shot at the nfcw - but our division is tough - we somehow have to establish the run, protect the oline and make the most of KMs arm and break out ability. The defense is finally coming into regular season shape, hope we can win the division by 1/2 game - if we balance our offense.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019100601/2019/REG5/cardinals@bengals

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
:)
You must be registered for see images attach
Holding Murray to a higher standard than the bum QB he made every excuse in the book for and begged the Cardinals to sign for $25 million a year.
Just because Kirk Cousins would have been a poor decision does not make the current state of the team any better.

If you want more ammunition against Keim, keep in mind he pursued him with full force and just didn't get him.

I can care less about Kiems job at this point. He has done a horrible job re tooling this roster.

Kyler has already shown enough that he is a top 15-20 qb already.
You can care less about Keim, but he's the one who brokered all of these decisions, and if they lead to mediocre-bad football under a losing coach, we're still going to have to deal with finding someone to replace him whose vision still includes keeping Kliff & Kyler.

Kyler's been alright, but this franchise isn't in a stellar position.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Just because Kirk Cousins would have been a poor decision does not make the current state of the team any better.

If you want more ammunition against Keim, keep in mind he pursued him with full force and just didn't get him.

You can care less about Keim, but he's the one who brokered all of these decisions, and if they lead to mediocre-bad football under a losing coach, we're still going to have to deal with finding someone to replace him whose vision still includes keeping Kliff & Kyler.

8 offensive TDS in 5 games doesn`t make me feel all warm and fuzzy all over.17 FGAs in 5 games.Way too many failed drives in Red Zone. 21 sacks and 4 interceptions are things we where told would not happen.Fact is KM is having to adjust to the NFL.....he hasn`t transcended anything.I hope he can continue to adjust because the Cards bought into the whole dog and pony show with KK and KM.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

My issue with your posts is you did in fact make every excuse imaginable for Cousins and still pounded the table for the richest contract in league history but you’re hold Murray to “extra special expectations” and want those results immediately. Sorry man but that’s ridiculous.

And I don’t see anyone on this board saying this team is in a stellar position and very few people defending Keim.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
8 offensive TDS in 5 games doesn`t make me feel all warm and fuzzy all over.17 FGAs in 5 games.Way too many failed drives in Red Zone. 21 sacks and 4 interceptions are things we where told would not happen.Fact is KM is having to adjust to the NFL.....he hasn`t transcended anything.I hope he can continue to adjust because the Cards bought into the whole dog and pony show with KK and KM.

Very fair and I agree.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Very fair and I agree.

I certainly don't but that just the difference between half-full and half-empty.

We are moving the ball...... Seemingly at will, until we either make an error, or our play calling gets too cute. The big fact is..... the offense isn't turning the ball over. We are shooting ourselves in the foot right now.

As K1 & K2 gain experience, it will be corrected. Mitigated. Overcome. And become a strength.

I'm really glad they are getting so many snaps, and so many reps down there. It could be much much worse.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I certainly don't but that just the difference between half-full and half-empty.

We are moving the ball...... Seemingly at will, until we either make an error, or our play calling gets too cute. The big fact is..... the offense isn't turning the ball over. We are shooting ourselves in the foot right now.

As K1 & K2 gain experience, it will be corrected. Mitigated. Overcome. And become a strength.

I'm really glad they are getting so many snaps, and so many reps down there. It could be much much worse.

I’m a half glass empty guy but I like what I’ve seen out of Murray and Kingsbury has shown me more than I thought at this point. I was expecting Kliff to be completely outclassed and so far he hasn’t been. I’m hoping I’m a half full guy by the end of the season and that won’t be defined by wins and losses but how the team is playing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My issue with your posts is you did in fact make every excuse imaginable for Cousins and still pounded the table for the richest contract in league history but you’re hold Murray to “extra special expectations” and want those results immediately. Sorry man but that’s ridiculous.

And I don’t see anyone on this board saying this team is in a stellar position and very few people defending Keim.
Cousins would have been held to the same "extra special expectations" in my opinion if we gave him a fully guaranteed deal like that. I never said he wouldn't.

The thing is, no, he hasn't been the answer in Minny right now, but I do think he would have put us over the top in a few games last season, enough that we'd probably have Wilks still. Tons of variables to this thing, but he's better than a hobbled Bradford or a rookie Rosen, IMO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that we are among the NFL leaders in red zone points, but it has been FGs instead of TDs. That all being said, it is easier to improve on something you do consistently, and getting into the red zone is something that the Cardinals has done consistently this year.

For comparison, in 2018 over the first 5 games, the Cardinals had 10 scoring drives. In 2019, over the same period of time, we have had 22.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Big whoop.How many wins does he have?

Hey man, I've decided not to get into a lot of back-and-forth about the what is ultimately each person's perception of Murray's, and the team's, performance.

I value every one on here, including you BW, so I don't want to bring the vibe down with a bunch of arguing.

Hope you've been well, and looking forward to maybe seeing you at a game at some point in the future.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn