Kyler Murray Stat Line vs Bengals

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed since he started running more it's opened up the run game so much for DJ and now Chase. The passing game is helped too but we just don't have the guys to exploit it.

It's too bad we traded so much to get Rosen and then didn't get near as much back in return, I still like Josh but clearly Murray is better and it would sure be nice now to have those picks back to help stock the roster for Murray. That's another reason why Isabella not being ready is so problematic, he was the 2nd rounder we got for Josh.

The pick next year has to be best guy available but it also IMO has to be between OL, WR or DL based on at least for now who's likely in the draft. I don't see a LB good enough to pick that high
OK. I get where you are coming from now. Yes. It would be nice to have the assets we gave up for Rosen, but I also understand the priority of getting a quarterback in today's NFL. When we got Rosen, we had no idea we would get a shot at a QB like Murray. It's just the way things go.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the optics would have been horrible. Josh is a good guy but he's also outspoken, he would have been very unhappy sitting behind Murray and it probably would have been made public enough his value might be diminished because he's known to be unhappy.

But yeah there are a few teams who could definitely use Josh right now. For him I'd like to see him end up in Minnesota, Pittsburgh or the Chargers. Ben and Rivers are getting towards the end of their careers, Chargers are home for him, Pittsburgh and Minnesota have the right system in place where he wouldn't be asked to win games by himself.

I hate to keep crapping on Andy it's not his fault we picked him that high but it's just a huge deal for this team right now that a 2nd round draft pick WR is behind Cooper, Johnson, Sherfield, Byrd and quite frankly David Johnson at Wr right now.
What makes it worse is we don't even trust throwing him a screen pass? We haven't figured out how to use him to take a deep shot down the field. Route running was supposed to be the reason we passed on D.K Metcalf. Are the Seahawks just willing to adjust or is Andy is just a long way from contributing on offense?

What happens when Kirk/Byrd get healthy. Do we cut Pharoh or is Andy going back to the inactive list?

I'd like to at least give him a shot. Those reverses are going to get snuffed out eventually if we don't switch it up.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Should be noted that Lamar has a few yards less passing, but over 100 yards rushing more (on pace for 1000)

I hate to be that guy...cause its still too early..

I almost rather have Josh right now than Isabella.

We could probably trade him to one of these QB needy teams for a couple of picks (I assume he would have looked good in preseason under Kliff as well)
Oh. I totally agree with you. In fact, I think it is a no-brainer. I was for keeping Josh until Kyler proved himself. Yes, it would have made for a lot of team drama and second guessing. Good grief, this board would be a mess. But by now, we would be all-in on Kyler and teams would probably be wanting Rosen.

Second-guessing is so much fun. It is so much easier for me to be a better GM than the ones who have to make the decisions in real time.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh. I totally agree with you. In fact, I think it is a no-brainer. I was for keeping Josh until Kyler proved himself. Yes, it would have made for a lot of team drama and second guessing. Good grief, this board would be a mess. But by now, we would be all-in on Kyler and teams would probably be wanting Rosen.

Second-guessing is so much fun. It is so much easier for me to be a better GM than the ones who have to make the decisions in real time.
Its like I said to @Russ Smith though..

They had to give up Rosen with the idea they were getting an impact player right? Keim taking a projecct there makes no sense.

I still have hope for Andy however we its just hurting our chances to win to not get production out of a 2nd round pick. Cause again in hindsight....I'd rather have the value of getting a future 2nd round/4th round pick for a guy on the bench than a guy we're not sure can play in this league yet. At least Rosen has the "first round shine" to him (at that time)

Its crucial that Andy becomes the speed threat we need. Cause if we miss out on Jeudy we might still have to take Ruggs from Bama or someone else cause we desperately need speed on offense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its like I said to @Russ Smith though..

They had to give up Rosen with the idea they were getting an impact player right? Keim taking a projecct there makes no sense.

I still have hope for Andy however we its just hurting our chances to win to not get production out of a 2nd round pick. Cause again in hindsight....I'd rather have the value of getting a future 2nd round/4th round pick for a guy on the bench than a guy we're not sure can play in this league yet. At least Rosen has the "first round shine" to him (at that time)

Its crucial that Andy becomes the speed threat we need. Cause if we miss out on Jeudy we might still have to take Ruggs from Bama or someone else cause we desperately need speed on offense.

Cee Dee Lamb is the receiver we need, very talented with big play making ability, remind me DeAndre Hopkins , and moreover has connection with Murray

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I do want to say, I'm incredibly furious that we're sitting here after 4 picks at WR in two years, genuinely asking to get Kyler a #1 receiver. But that's on Keim, and not Kyler (maybe Kliff, because lol Isabella).

And now, if you take a bonafied #1 next year, you bench all these new WRs. It would become that WR, Kirk, Fitz and then whomever.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Should be noted that Lamar has a few yards less passing, but over 100 yards rushing more (on pace for 1000)

I hate to be that guy...cause its still too early..

I almost rather have Josh right now than Isabella.

We could probably trade him to one of these QB needy teams for a couple of picks (I assume he would have looked good in preseason under Kliff as well)

1st QB in NFL HISTORY baby. Wow!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
We are just a terrible team in terms of talent at specific spots but in terms of Kyler I really like what I'm seeing so far.

The main thing you want is a competitor who wants to win and has a great demeanor along with an always learning mentality. Combine that all with unreal natural talent and it's a great mix.

Personally I love that he started off very hesitant to run. He knows that ultimately he's got to stay in the pocket to win long term and that running should be a last option but he's also willing to do it when called for to win.

Now if we get him some weapons so that he can spring running on teams sparingly and only do it when he feels it's the best option then he's going to make people nauseated just thinking about playing him.

I see this year as a total learning year both for him and the coaching staff, it's more or less just about adjusting to the NFL. I'm not too worried that they suck this bad because honestly they suck less than some teams who have a lot more talent than they do.

I think the coaching is going to come around and we need more talent. We have got to get more consistent in the draft we are going to draft high for probably at least the next two years we can not screw this up.

Well of course we can but we should not.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Co-sign.

I'm in juza. How do we make it happen sir? :)

Don't know, we can just hope, being in 7-15 spot we should have a chance
I start to notice him watching Murray in the last streach of his junior year and then every highlights on tube
He is fast, he is elusive, he is powerfull, has amazing hands, he is a jumper, he is the real playmaker

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cee Dee Lamb is the receiver we need, very talented with big play making ability, remind me DeAndre Hopkins , and moreover has connection with Murray

The Georgia tackle in the 1st and CeeDee Lamb in the 2nd would be killer. I dont know if Lamb will be there in the 2nd. Maybe trade up to get him.

Bolster the defense with the 100 million cap space

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Georgia tackle in the 1st and CeeDee Lamb in the 2nd would be killer. I dont know if Lamb will be there in the 2nd. Maybe trade up to get him.

Bolster the defense with the 100 million cap space
Co-sign.

I'm in juza. How do we make it happen sir? :)
Don't know, we can just hope, being in 7-15 spot we should have a chance
I start to notice him watching Murray in the last streach of his junior year and then every highlights on tube
He is fast, he is elusive, he is powerfull, has amazing hands, he is a jumper, he is the real playmaker
Whats crazy is I really had hope we'd Kyler and Marquise Brown at the top of the 2nd. Like Murphy, but I'd have traded That pick and what ended up to be Allen to get Brown.

I like Lamar Jackson, but he's not the deep ball thrower Kyler is. Brown would thrive with Murray.

Lamb is going to be a good one too. More of a complete WR although not the gamebreaker Brown is.

A legit speed threat would open up so much for Larry and Kirk.

Come on Andy! We need you!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My personal order of preference:
Jeudy
Young
Thomas
Isaiah Simmons
Grant Delpit
CeeDee
Wirfs

We will have the chance to pick on of these guys I would imagine. And it will be glorious.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jeudy
Young
Thomas
Isaiah Simmons
Grant Delpit
CeeDee
Wirfs

We will have the chance to pick on of these guys I would imagine. And it will be glorious.
I would have a tough time passing on Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs at this point. Wirfs is raw, but even in what some called a "bad game" from him vs Michigan, he looked really good. Thomas looks more polished to me at this point, but I think both have a chance to be top 10 OTs in the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty damn happy about Kyler's progression, especially as he becomes a double threat. future is bright for that kid which means the future is bright for the franchise that I think has a really great shot of having a legit young QBOTF.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I really like Thomas but i continue to think about what BA and others have said.

OT's just aren't taught like they used to be. makes me think mid to late firsts and 2nds is the better place to take that risk.

Jeudy & Young are just so physically freakish at this point.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would have a tough time passing on Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs at this point. Wirfs is raw, but even in what some called a "bad game" from him vs Michigan, he looked really good. Thomas looks more polished to me at this point, but I think both have a chance to be top 10 OTs in the league.
I don’t think Wirfs is raw, he’s just not as polished as Andrew is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeudy
Young
Thomas
Isaiah Simmons
Grant Delpit
CeeDee
Wirfs

I’d lose my s*** if we take a ILB/SS in the top 10.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DVontel, not sure if I understand your last sentence there :blush:. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :jawdrop:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’d lose my s*** if we take a ILB/SS in the top 10.
Not trying to compare..... but a Jamal Adams type wouldn't really help our defense? How about an Earl Thomas type?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t think Wirfs is raw, he’s just not as polished as Andrew is.
That is fair. The Michigan game is the first Iowa game I have watched bell to bell. There were a couple plays where I saw Wirfs end up on ground or open the gate on the edge. First thing I thought of is "raw" but "unpolished" is probably more appropriate. Thomas was a technician vs Tennessee though I only saw about half the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave