Kyler Murray Stat Line vs Bengals

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So here is a question I thought of this morning. Say we still had rosen and he was having another bad year and Hurts plays like he has been and wins the heisman. Would you draft him #1 overall. He’s been more accurate and effective than Murray was at OU and he has used his legs better. He also has the more prototypical size. The thing is I don’t think anyone here would want to take him first overall so what is the difference? This is assuming we still have KK as the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As someone whose watched every game...

I think they are both very different.

Kyler has the stronger arm, better touch, faster, quicker, etc.

Jalen has greater physical confidence, experience, and can break tackles.

Jalen putting up better numbers early is because he was more far experienced than when Kyler took over. Also Kyler spending half of his time focusing on baseball in the spring.

Also because of his size Riley relies on Hurts in the run game more. Running QBs are even more dominant in college.

Jalen's experience is biggest advantage he has/had on Kyler at this point in their careers.

I think Baker was the most pro ready.

I think Jalen is becoming the toughest QB to face.

I think Kyler was the best talent.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
lol. Are you still arguing against drafting kyler? Newsflash: too late.

No just wondering what the thoughts were the draft is done. I’m basically done with this year so why not pose some questions out of curiosity. What’s your answer?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No just wondering what the thoughts were the draft is done. I’m basically done with this year so why not pose some questions out of curiosity. What’s your answer?

Kyler has the better arm talent. Which is the crucial element for me. Stats only tell a part of the story.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I find the record discussion entertaining. If Kyler's only wins come against teams that are in similar sinking ship scenarios to us, that's a really bad sign. Isn't that what everyone ripped Cousins for? Only beating losing teams? The sad thing is, we're at best a pick 'em against these terrible teams starting backup QBs and struggling with injuries.

Now, I want to see wins. But, I can functionally accept Kyler putting up a consistent four quarters where we're in it until the end against a good team, even if it means the defense lets him down and we lose.

But selling me on us having a chance to beat the likes of the Giants and Steelers as a sign of great progress ain't gonna happen.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find the record discussion entertaining. If Kyler's only wins come against teams that are in similar sinking ship scenarios to us, that's a really bad sign. Isn't that what everyone ripped Cousins for? Only beating losing teams? The sad thing is, we're at best a pick 'em against these terrible teams starting backup QBs and struggling with injuries.

Now, I want to see wins. But, I can functionally accept Kyler putting up a consistent four quarters where we're in it until the end against a good team, even if it means the defense lets him down and we lose.

But selling me on us having a chance to beat the likes of the Giants and Steelers as a sign of great progress ain't gonna happen.
Difference is that Cousins does it with good teams.

We’re overall a bad team. You know this. I think we’ll beat one good team this season. If you expect to beat multiple good teams with this roster then I don’t know what else to say.

I just feel like you’re reaching & teaching just for the hell of it now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Difference is that Cousins does it with good teams.

We’re overall a bad team. You know this. I think we’ll beat one good team this season. If you expect to beat multiple good teams with this roster then I don’t know what else to say.

I just feel like you’re reaching & teaching just for the hell of it now.
I dunno man, you call me out every time I have a negative take, and seem to think I have some kind of agenda. I don't.

As a fanbase we've been shifting the goalposts on what we deem as success, in my mind. We went from "revolutionary offense" and "generational QB" to "whoa guys it's a building year and our coach is really getting better at this we swear" and "he's a rookie, give him time, even though we didn't give our last top ten draft pick any time."

We're praying to be competitive against dirt teams and are staring down a roster where we would like to upgrade at essentially every position.

My overall point? Yeah, obviously we're a bad team. And we spent the vast majority of our draft and offseason trying to reinvent the wheel on offense with very little to show for it. We drafted 4 WRs on the past two years and posters are already talking about how we should use our #1 next year on another.

It's wildly bad and we're staring down an off-season where we're going to need to get a new GM who is going to have to build this team in his own image, meaning we're just gonna be stuck in this quagmire for another year or two at least.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

First you have to become competitive (we weren’t really last year much).

Then you have to beat the bad teams (games you “should” win)

Then you become competitive with good teams.

Then you start consistently beating good teams.

Rarely does a team go from point A to point D overnight. The evolution could take place over the course of the season, but it’s more likely to be over two, or even three seasons to get the apex.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
346 yards combined and no turnovers. I will take that any week
He's had a couple bad INTs, but then he did not throw those passes again after that. Shows he can see and learn from his mistakes! That's what I have been most impressed about KM. It's his brain. He still isn't making all the reads on offense yet, but he is recognizing the negative plays and not continuing to make those same mistakes. That makes him light years ahead in development for a rookie QB, imho. The reads before snap will get better with time. There are guys like Philip Rivers, and Tom Brady that "know" where the play is presnap. When KM gets there, watch out!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I dunno man, you call me out every time I have a negative take, and seem to think I have some kind of agenda. I don't.

As a fanbase we've been shifting the goalposts on what we deem as success, in my mind. We went from "revolutionary offense" and "generational QB" to "whoa guys it's a building year and our coach is really getting better at this we swear" and "he's a rookie, give him time, even though we didn't give our last top ten draft pick any time."

We're praying to be competitive against dirt teams and are staring down a roster where we would like to upgrade at essentially every position.

My overall point? Yeah, obviously we're a bad team. And we spent the vast majority of our draft and offseason trying to reinvent the wheel on offense with very little to show for it. We drafted 4 WRs on the past two years and posters are already talking about how we should use our #1 next year on another.

It's wildly bad and we're staring down an off-season where we're going to need to get a new GM who is going to have to build this team in his own image, meaning we're just gonna be stuck in this quagmire for another year or two at least.
I don't think you are negative. OL is a need. We need pass rushers, too. We need to get a guy or two who can help Chandler Jones on that DL. We need bigs versus the skill guys we have been loading up on. I too think we are a couple seasons away. That being said, this team shows promise, where last years Cards were this year's Miami Dolphins. At least we moved up from being the Dolphins this year! That team last year was historically bad!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
First you have to become competitive (we weren’t really last year much).

Then you have to beat the bad teams (games you “should” win)

Then you become competitive with good teams.

Then you start consistently beating good teams.

Rarely does a team go from point A to point D overnight. The evolution could take place over the course of the season, but it’s more likely to be over two, or even three seasons to get the apex.
That's fine if you have a real, legitimate plan where you're not on the cusp of firing your GM, or a head coach that is more than a glorified offensive coordinator.

Aren’t we averaging like a full 7pts/game more than last year? That’s a pretty quantum leap in the NFL.
Going from "historically bad" to "still really really bad" isn't a quantum leap of any kind.

Fact of the matter is, I'm not all THAT concerned with Kyler anymore, it's just pretty much everything about this franchise's direction that scares me.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But not in the end. Big win for them. Big win for Hurts.
The big takeaway should be Lincoln Riley. His ability to adjust

- 2 time Walk-On QB
- A QB benched at Texas A&M and some thought was too small for College
- A QB who led his team to the NC game twice and was still benchd.

All 3 have become stars at OU.

Maybe I'm bias but I see "genius" with Lincoln that I don't quite see with Kliff yet.

I'm hoping he works out and do think he will. However, I'm of the belief Lincoln will keep a close eye on the coaching situations in Cleveland and Arizona.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The big takeaway should be Lincoln Riley. His ability to adjust

- 2 time Walk-On QB
- A QB benched at Texas A&M and some thought was too small for College
- A QB who led his team to the NC game twice and was still benchd.

All 3 have become stars at OU.

Maybe I'm bias but I see "genius" with Lincoln that I don't quite see with Kliff yet.

I'm hoping he works out and do think he will. However, I'm of the belief Lincoln will keep a close eye on the coaching situations in Cleveland and Arizona.
Yeah, I'd be really amped if we had Lincoln Riley as our HC. The guy is amazing.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah, look, the same thing people were saying about Kyler with Lamb & Hollywood Brown... hmmm...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you don’t think these plays were all CeeDee just to strengthen your Anti-Kyler agenda then all props to you, I guess.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be really amped if we had Lincoln Riley as our HC. The guy is amazing.
Lmao, you would still find a way to hate on a hire like Lincoln

“Everyone won at OU. They always got the best recruits in the Big 12”

“The talent gap between them & everyone else in the Big 12 is ridiculous”

“He always had 5 star QBs”

“Chip Kelly also won in college”

Reactions: HGC

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

If you don’t think these plays were all CeeDee just to strengthen your Anti-Kyler agenda then all props to you, I guess.
How is that second play "All CeeDee?" Hurts gets him the ball in tight competition with the DB.

Practically 70% of Kyler's highlight video is him throwing to receivers that are 5 yards off the defender.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lmao, you would still find a way to hate on a hire like Lincoln

“Everyone won at OU. They always got the best recruits in the Big 12”

“The talent gap between them & everyone else in the Big 12 is ridiculous”

“He always had 5 star QBs”

“Chip Kelly also won in college”

That's ridiculous. I didn't put down Dennis Green, Whisenhunt, Arians, or even Wilks. Feel free to hunt through my 17 year post history. This is legitimately the first year I've been negative or have participated in darksider threads.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is that second play "All CeeDee?" Hurts gets him the ball in tight competition with the DB.

Practically 70% of Kyler's highlight video is him throwing to receivers that are 5 yards off the defender.

Did we not watch the same vid? He legitimately got away from 3 guys, breaking away from 2 despite Jalen should’ve had him earlier that play.

Jalen was not good today. His defense saved him(something Baker & Kyler lacked) today. This isn’t your thing, but go watch that game from start to finish instead of just watching highlight videos & stat-watching. He better take those guys out to dinner after this game.

Look at you, you’re just so set on being right about Kyler being a mistake that you’re pulling out all the stops to do it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson