Disney's The Lion King (live action)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they're going to bring back the same voices for the characters.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lion King

Release date: July 19, 2019
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Jon Favreau
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Jeff Nathanson
Genre: Adventure, Family
Starring: Donald Glover, James Earl Jones, Billy Eichner, Seth Rogen, John Oliver, Alfre Woodard, Beyonce Knowles, Chiwetel Ejiofor, JD McCrary, Shahadi Wright Joseph, John Kani, Florence Kasumba, Eric Andre, Keegan-Michael Key

Plot Summary: Jon Favreau will direct a live-action version of "The Lion King." The film will include songs from the animated film. The Lion King (1994) is one of the biggest animated films of all time with a lifetime global box office gross of $968.8 million, including $422.8 million domestically. It won Academy Awards for the original song “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (Elton John, Tim Rice) and original score (Hans Zimmer), plus two Grammy Awards, with the soundtrack selling over 14 million copies. In 1997, the stage production “The Lion King” made its Broadway debut, winning six Tony Awards; 19 years later, it remains one of Broadway’s biggest hits.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only here that likes them sticking with the original and just making them a live version. Dumbo tried to change it all up and it wasn't that great.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only here that likes them sticking with the original and just making them a live version. Dumbo tried to change it all up and it wasn't that great.

I walked out on Dumbo it was that bad

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have zero interest in Dumbo but lion king looks cool

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw this Tuesday and liked it. I loved the original but didn't love this one. I don't know why though something just felt off a little bit.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this Tuesday and liked it. I loved the original but didn't love this one. I don't know why though something just felt off a little bit.

Took the family and we enjoyed it. The voices threw me off a couple of times as I was expecting a different voice. Although I had fun figuring out who the new voices were.

Also everything looked so real that it was almost weird to see animals talking and actually look like they are talking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw it today. thought it was just okay. wasn't crazy about glover or beyonce's voice work. poombah and timon stole the movie.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Was entertained but didn’t think it was great. Just wasn’t swept away.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it Tuesday. Hadn't planned on it, but got invited to a free showing. It was better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed it as did my daughter.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 5 year old went and left early because she was scared.

Although, I could have called that before hand. She wont watch the cartoon either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose