Reaction score
The Lion King 3D

Release Date: September 16, 2011
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Roger Allers, Rob Minkoff
Screenwriter: Irene Mecchi, Jonathan Roberts, Linda Woolverton
Genre: Adventure, Animation, Comedy
MPAA Rating: G

Starring: Matthew Broderick, Niketa Calame, Jim Cummings, James Earl Jones, Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Jeremy Irons, Robert Guillaume, Rowan Atkinson, Moira Kelly, Whoopi Goldberg, Zoe Leader, Cheech Marin, Madge Sinclair, Jonathan Taylor Thomas

Plot Summary: Simba, Mufasa, Nala, Timon and Pumbaa are back and better than ever this fall when Disney's "The Lion King" roars into theaters and homes in breathtaking 3D. A special two-week theatrical extravaganza kicks off Sept. 16, 2011, showcasing the Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winning film on the big screen in Disney Digital 3D™ for the first time ever, and its highly anticipated home entertainment debut kicks off October 4, celebrating the Diamond Edition release of the epic movie "The Lion King" in high-definition Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 3D™.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Screw 3D, I went and caught the Lion King again in regular def. I went to see it in college with a bunch of friends back in '94, and I loved it just as much this time around. Best song is still Scar's...'Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepaaaared!'

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My favorite Disney movie ever. The opening sequence still leaves me amazed. Great flick.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can only hope this makes Disney think about making another old school cartoon movie. I like the CGI movies but nothing beats hand-drawn.

Weren't Tangled and the Frog Princess more traditional animation? I doubt much was hand drawn as I doubt much of Lion King was hand drawn either, but those movies certainly weren't in style of Disney's Pixar films.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Weren't Tangled and the Frog Princess more traditional animation? I doubt much was hand drawn as I doubt much of Lion King was hand drawn either, but those movies certainly weren't in style of Disney's Pixar films.

They were but when you get only one of those a year it isn't enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson