Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Okobo eithe

EDIT: Okobo IS on the roster:

You must be registered for see images

And there are some additional names on that list as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it's a big list, assuming Cam and Ty will be added for game 2.

The Suns will have some nice prospects on the roster. I'm excited as well especially since all the games are televised.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And it's a big list, assuming Cam and Ty will be added for game 2.
I assume they kept their names off because potentially contract negotiations could make it possible for them to miss the whole thing. Not that I would expect that to actually happen, but it is a possibility.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I assume they kept their names off because potentially contract negotiations could make it possible for them to miss the whole thing. Not that I would expect that to actually happen, but it is a possibility.
Hopefully Cam isn't just "working out" in Seattle instead...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Even if a contract is negotiated, I believe it's not a contract until the NBA league office approves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Cam isn't just "working out" in Seattle instead...

That story didn't make a lot of sense when Chriss showed up for summer league but did not play.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't remember if they announced Booker would play, but remember his last Summer League appearance, Booker wanted to play. The Suns were trying to discourage him. Luckily that season he had to go play at the Olympic Development Team camp.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'm not reading too much into summer league this year, last year was a real disappointment in Vegas, i'll be there but will not be at the games this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A reminder the Suns will play the Denver Nuggets on Friday, July 5th at 8:30 p.m. on ESPN.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad we got Spalding on the Summer League roster. I liked what I saw from him last year, especially in that Pelicans game towards the end of the year when he had 21 & 13 in a win. I figured he'd be waived because of how contracts work but I hope we keep him on a Two-Way deal this year.

Tariq Owens, Lacque, and Harper all signed right after the draft. I think Lacque is the only one with a guaranteed deal though.

Interesting to note that George King isn't on the roster. He was our 2nd round pick last year. He signed a Two-Way deal and never got a real look.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how they'll use Okobo. It wouldn't surprise me if they have him playing more SG in Summer League. He was originally a SG in Europe and then the last year he played before coming to the NBA he was moved to PG. We used him as a PG by necessity last year. We didn't have the depth to try him as an off guard but I do recall seeing him get some minutes with either Melton, Tyler Johnson, or Booker at PG.

If he makes it in the NBA it will probably be as a combo guard because I don't think he's capable of running an NBA offense at PG. He reminds me so much of Barbosa and even more now that I've got to see him play. After the draft last year the way he carried himself was similar to Barbosa, with a permanent grin and broken english. You could tell he learned english somewhat recently by how he spoke. He's also long like Leandro was, he's got a 6'8" wingspan. He's better at attacking the basket and scoring than setting up his teammates. If he gets assists they're not anything flashy, it's just a basic pass that pays off.

I'd like to see him turn the corner this year and assert himself more when he's on the floor. Hopefully Monty finds a better way to use him than Igor because putting at the top of the key to facilitate won't help him or who he's on the court with.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt Okobo will be on the roster.

He's on the Summer League roster and since he's on a guaranteed deal next season it stands to reason we'll keep him around as long as we can, similar to Davon Reed last year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He's on the Summer League roster and since he's on a guaranteed deal next season it stands to reason we'll keep him around as long as we can, similar to Davon Reed last year.

showcase

We have Rubio, Carter, Lecque, Okobo and for some reason Tyler Johnson is mentioned as PG all the time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
showcase

We have Rubio, Carter, Lecque, Okobo and for some reason Tyler Johnson is mentioned as PG all the time.

It's because Tyler Johnson can play both guard positions and he played point guard for the Suns.

Even Basketball Reference has him listed as a point guard in recent seasons.

I do think he could more properly be listed as a combo guard.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's because Tyler Johnson can play both guard positions and he played point guard for the Suns.

Even Basketball Reference has him listed as a point guard in recent seasons.

I do think he could more properly be listed as a combo guard.
He will probably play the two for us now after this summer roster churn.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As it should be.
As we have been critical of James Jones, when he made the trade for Tyler Johnson, it was mentioned he looked ahead that IF we got a PG, Tyler could switch over to the two. Jones showed a brief insight into his thinking with this trade. Of course that depends on Monty Williams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will probably play the two for us now after this summer roster churn.

I expect Tyler Johnson to switch back and forth at the guard position coming off the bench.

It's awesome the Suns have a number of players that can play point guard this season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect Tyler Johnson to switch back and forth at the guard position coming off the bench.

It's awesome the Suns have a number of players that can play point guard this season.
We just really need a rim protecting big. A player in an Ibaka mold would be perfect.