Reaction score
Booker
Ayton
Warren
Jackson
Bridges
Crawford
Oubre

That's 7. Of course, four of those are now gone (at least for the time being) and replaced with Saric, Baynes, Cam Johnson and Ty Jerome.

I don't see how that's an improvement.
Jackson was not an NBA level player most of last year, Oubre wasn't on the roster the first half of the season, Warren missed a large chunk of the season and Crawford was pretty useless for most of the season. They go out and add just a couple NBA level players by the trade deadline and low and behold they actually start being a competitive team. I do not believe that to be a fluke by any means and adding a few more NBA level players this year will show even further improvement.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So for the fourth year in a row, we're already looking to the following year's draft and tanking for it before the season begins?

Yeah, that will sit wonderfully with Booker...
That is why I said if you don't get Russell. I would definitely give Russell a max deal and end the PG search now but if he would rather go to MIN or LA then who else is there? You going to give Rozier 4 years $60M? I don't think PHX can get in on Brodgon because he looks like he'll sign somewhere in the East.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on the subject.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

The Lakers' interest in D'Angelo Russell is undeniable, league sources say, but Minnesota has made the All-Star guard its top priority in free agency knowing that the Nets mere hours away from the momentous addition of Kyrie Irving

11:37 AM - 30 Jun 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
More on the subject.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

The Lakers' interest in D'Angelo Russell is undeniable, league sources say, but Minnesota has made the All-Star guard its top priority in free agency knowing that the Nets mere hours away from the momentous addition of Kyrie Irving

11:37 AM - 30 Jun 2019

And the ultimate question is why the Suns have not made Russell their top priority.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go to Minnesota for business trips. I don’t think many people would want to live or play there over an area like Phoenix. Which means it’s all about money at that point.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because he is not a good fit next to Booker, has only one good season after 3 bad ones and needs to be overpaid anyway.

So, the Suns are just going to let him go to Minnesota, so Booker can demand a trade there, and we can then be stuck with Wiggins and draft picks. Nice...

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If he signs in Minn get ready for Wiggins coming to Phx.
No chance of that happening. Booker might be able to force his way out in a few years, but it's not happening at the start of his extension and the front office would be idiotic to take on Wiggins to make it happen.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Booker would have no leverage to force his way to Minnesota. If he were to try and force his way out this early the Suns would simply trade him to the highest bidder and because of the amount of years left on his contract he could be traded for a pretty solid return.

That is exactly what people said about Eric Bledsoe two years ago. We saw how that turned out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I am now hoping Russell goes to the Lakers.

You shouldn’t be hoping for that either. The Lakers will jump way ahead of the Suns and it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

I agree with the article. This is the equivalent of playing defense in a sense of FO moves. Not only do you get a young piece but in essence you throw a wrench in two other team’s plans that impact the future of your franchise.

This article makes me want to double down on getting him.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are just so many options. If DLo goes to Minny, then Tyus Jones (RFA) has to be available--not necessarily the answer, but an example of the options both of trades and signings available.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That is exactly what people said about Eric Bledsoe two years ago. We saw how that turned out.
I don't see how Bledsoe compares. Booker is a young star just starting a 5 year extension. I don't recall Bledsoe specifically requesting to go to the Bucks either. That's just where we apparently got the best deal from.