2019 Free Agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is very interesting. I wonder if the Suns might get involved somehow.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Sources: Boston's showing interest in a 3-team sign-and-trade w/ Kyrie Irving (Nets), Kemba Walker (Celtics) and Terry Rozier (Hornets). Boston wants to create a full MLE and would likely need to surrender at least a first-round pick to Nets. So far, talks are exploratory.

12:09 PM - 30 Jun 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are just so many options. If DLo goes to Minny, then Tyus Jones (RFA) has to be available--not necessarily the answer, but an example of the options both of trades and signings available.

Why would Booker want to stick around for that? In my opinion, going after Minnesota's castoffs will only have Booker wanting a trade to Minnesota even more quickly.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
There is a zero percent chance DLO comes to Phoenix time to move on. I think it’s going to be Brogdon. All this optimistic talk of only a few more years is BS. We have been saying that for 10 years. This front office has proven incompetency no matter the different names. You lucked into booker and the #1 pick now you build around them now or they will be gone and we are back to another decade of building. Get Brogdon and pray someone steps up at PF. Even if that happens at best we are hoping for a 5 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a zero percent chance DLO comes to Phoenix time to move on. I think it’s going to be Brogdon. All this optimistic talk of only a few more years is BS. We have been saying that for 10 years. This front office has proven incompetency no matter the different names. You lucked into booker and the #1 pick now you build around them now or they will be gone and we are back to another decade of building. Get Brogdon and pray someone steps up at PF. Even if that happens at best we are hoping for a 5 seed.

I'm fine with Brogdon. The playoffs sound pretty good right now.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sounds crazy but I trade Booker before he forces his way out and loses value, he will bail to Minny even if its 2 seasons from now. Atleast you can get a large haup for him. Blow this sh#t show up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sounds crazy but I trade Booker before he forces his way out and loses value, he will bail to Minny even if its 2 seasons from now. Atleast you can get a large haup for him. Blow this sh#t show up.
Talk about a defeatist attitude...

The Suns have a good young core that can turn into something good with some solid supporting players around them. The best way to keep Booker happy and on the team is to build around him and start winning games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booker will be starting a 5 year extension this season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Which is why you consider doing it now, before Booker forces his way out, anyway. At least there is hope to get value in a trade, rather than being stuck with Wiggins, Tyus Jones and draft picks.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The Suns have a good young core that can turn into something good with some solid supporting players around them. The best way to keep Booker happy and on the team is to build around him and start winning games.

But the Suns have had four years to build around him and have come up with Ayton and...???

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If this front office refuses to pursue dlo, they are too stupid to have any reasonable hope for improvement.

Pretty sure booker knows this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with Durant.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

The Warriors will officially offer a five-year, $221 million max deal TO Kevin Durant at 6 PM ET tonight ... and Golden State now knows it will get Durant's decision tonight

12:37 PM - 30 Jun 2019

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score

I appreciate your positivity and optimism, however, Booker has endured some of the worst years record wise that a player of his caliber has had to endure. He sees his friends and peers controlling their own destinies, making all star teams, and reaping the benefits of getting national attention. He’s had how many coaches now? He’s seen some bad player relations and front office blunders that have set this franchise back for years. He also plays for an owner who is there with Dolan as the worst owner in the game. The time is now to build and to take a chance. Otherwise I can very easily see him asking for the trade after another crummy season, or two years from now at the maximum.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this front office refuses to pursue dlo, they are too stupid to have any reasonable hope for improvement.

Pretty sure booker knows this.

I'm more concerned about keeping Booker happy. I could be pleased with a lesser signing at point guard.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about keeping Booker happy. I could be pleased with a lesser signing at point guard.

They are one in the same. That’s why this is so important, not even trying shows booker they don’t value him.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no doubt they have already pursued him.

Some thoughts so far:

1. I cannot see how Miami can clear space to sign Butler. They would have to move salary and they have no picks to trade to do that.
2. The three team sign and trade is not going to happen, I am convinced. It is just too difficult to pull off and the benefits are not valuable enough.
3. Minneapolis has to dump salary to sign DLo, that is going to cost them dearly. With the Nets looking at a three team S&T with Boston and CHA, it looks difficult for them to pull off. There is a lot of speculation here that I think is really optimistic thinking.

Advantage right now goes to the teams with actual space, or easy options to create space (like stretching Tyler's contract).

A saavy team might really help themselves by aiding other teams desperate to sign free agents.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens with Durant.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

The Warriors will officially offer a five-year, $221 million max deal TO Kevin Durant at 6 PM ET tonight ... and Golden State now knows it will get Durant's decision tonight

12:37 PM - 30 Jun 2019

How effing much are they going to pay in luxury tax with klay and Durant on max deals?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are one in the same. That’s why this is so important, not even trying shows booker they don’t value him.

It's hard to know what has gone on behind the scene. Maybe Booker has been involved and it didn't work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex Kennedy‏Verified account @AlexKennedyNBA

Restricted free agent Quinn Cook has received early interest from the Washington Wizards, Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns, Miami Heat, Charlotte Hornets, Brooklyn Nets and Dallas Mavericks, per sources. The Golden State Warriors can match any offer sheet.

9:36 AM - 30 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard