The Perfect Storm

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because you guys are doing it in every thread, and it's annoying? Because it's getting to the point where it's literally not even a new post, it's literally just copying and pasting something that he already said?

It's pretty much spam. I can't post in a single thread on this board it seems without Kyler Murray's godlike abilities coming up.

And you are being a tremendous douche on every thread...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And you are being a tremendous douche on every thread...
Just because I don't want to proclaim Kyler the greatest thing ever doesn't mean I'm being a douche. Like I said above, if someone wants to make a Kyler Murray positivity thread so you can all fanwank over him, be my guest, and I'll let you have your fun. But I reserve my right to project this to be a 4 win team with a struggling rookie QB in the rest of them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I get it. But it’s as simple as don’t read it and don’t respond to it.

Solar saw the title of the thread. He could have read the first line and exited. Hey , I love solars passion. I really do. They only difference with all of us is some chose to look at the brighter side and some chose to doubt.

Actually the doubters will be right more times than not. Hundreds of kids were drafted and only a small handful of them will go on to have s successful career. We might suffer through another long season of despair. Until then I chose to ride on the train of hope. Plenty of time left for despair.

Let’s enjoy the off season! :)
Also, didn't mean to skip this. Thanks for the acknowledgment of my passion. I'm just frustrated by people who are telling me that unless I'm positive about the guy, then I hate the team for some reason.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Just because I don't want to proclaim Kyler the greatest thing ever doesn't mean I'm being a douche. Like I said above, if someone wants to make a Kyler Murray positivity thread so you can all fanwank over him, be my guest, and I'll let you have your fun. But I reserve my right to project this to be a 4 win team with a struggling rookie QB in the rest of them.

You've gone off the rails man. And its really sad to see Solar7.

I'm really sorry that this has messed up your fandom. I am. Truly, and I hope you can find a way to reconcile this situation.

Hope you have a good holiday weekend sir.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I'm really sorry that this has messed up your fandom. I am. Truly, and I hope you can find a way to reconcile this situation.

Gone off the rails? Come on man, you've been off the rails for Kyler since February. I get it, he's on both of your teams. Just like I'd be all amped about N'Keal Harry if he had lasted one more pick.

I don't think I've seen you post one thing that isn't somehow related to Kyler Murray in months, but that doesn't make you a bad person or anything. I literally don't get it though - if having a positive safe space to only talk about how great Kyler is is that important to you, why don't you make your own thread where that's the only topic?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that you simply don't do that. You project the notion that they shouldn't make these posts at all.. maybe it would be akin to telling you not to respond to anything Kyler Murray anymore. You know it won't happen... So just let people be. I'm not trying to tell you not to have an opinion on the situation.. just to let others have theirs... regardless of the excess you might think they exhibit. Jmo.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yes it was buried in a 40 page thread. It's brilliance needed it's own thread. Once the season starts, none of this will be tiring. Especially when it comes to torturing all you naysayers that will try to jump on the bandwagon.
Its not our fault you blew your load in a 40 page thread.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The problem is that you simply don't do that. You project the notion that they shouldn't make these posts at all.. maybe it would be akin to telling you not to respond to anything Kyler Murray anymore. You know it won't happen... So just let people be. I'm not trying to tell you not to have an opinion on the situation.. just to let others have theirs... regardless of the excess you might think they exhibit. Jmo.
I mean, his thread is excessive. PA is a good poster, but I can't get on board with copying and pasting your own takes. I guess I'll try harder not to direct comments at anyone directly when it comes to Kyler though. I'll just pop in, say Kyler is gonna struggle, and move on. The problem is, it's not really like these arguments get started so cut and dry.

The Joey Bosa thread got derailed and it wasn't even talking about our team or the offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

No you have to be miss negative Nancy ever chance you get.

And whine and complain when there is another Kyler Murray thread.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No you have to be miss negative Nancy ever chance you get.

And whine and complain when there is another Kyler Murray thread.
I don't think this is going to be a good team, that's why I'm being negative.

I don't understand the point about making more Kyler Murray threads unless they bring some new information or ask something new.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Threads like these are 2 fold and both have the same message between both camps: If Murray doesn't transcend the game to the point that they start chiseling his likeness on Mt. Rushmore, they might need to create a new suicide hotline just for those in the "Murray is God" camp. The same can be said for the "I Hate Murray" campers if he does blow everyone's mind. The only reasonable group are those like me who are in the "Why don't we wait and see" camp. Quite frankly, I don't understand why anyone would want him to fail. He's our QB. We should all be rooting for him to be a football god.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Murray is going to be solid his rookie year, not great, but solid.

His numbers will look better than his play and the Cardinals will win between 4-7 games.

Murray will take off year 3.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Threads like these are 2 fold and both have the same message between both camps: If Murray doesn't transcend the game to the point that they start chiseling his likeness on Mt. Rushmore, they might need to create a new suicide hotline just for those in the "Murray is God" camp. The same can be said for the "I Hate Murray" campers if he does blow everyone's mind. The only reasonable group are those like me who are in the "Why don't we wait and see" camp. Quite frankly, I don't understand why anyone would want him to fail. He's our QB. We should all be rooting for him to be a football god.
I'm still definitely rooting for him to be a football God. Once we get around to games being played, or even some training camp highlights, I'll trend less towards the negative unless he's really screwing up.

I honestly feel like some of the "Murray is God" crew will probably chill out a bit as games are played too, and this won't be as big of a problem. I think we all just have too much time on our hands right now with very little to talk about.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, didn't mean to skip this. Thanks for the acknowledgment of my passion. I'm just frustrated by people who are telling me that unless I'm positive about the guy, then I hate the team for some reason.
I'm in the same boat in Phillies social media sites because I don't line up to ******* Bryce Harper and his 357 strike outs so far this season and if you dare criticize him you're not a real fan. Nothing turns my stomach more than a flavor-aid drinking Stepford fans.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat in Phillies social media sites because I don't line up to ******* Bryce Harper and his 357 strike outs so far this season and if you dare criticize him you're not a real fan. Nothing turns my stomach more than a flavor-aid drinking Stepford fans.
Yeah, I used to be that way, and I think the past two years really beat it out of me.

Taking my friends to their first football game all the way on another continent two years ago, only to have the Cardinals score 0 is probably the first time the darksider in me started to bloom.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to be that way, and I think the past two years really beat it out of me.

Taking my friends to their first football game all the way on another continent two years ago, only to have the Cardinals score 0 is probably the first time the darksider in me started to bloom.
So you haven't moves into that battered Cardinal fan syndrome yet. The Cards are the only team I root for that hasn't won a championship and I fear that I'm going to suffer the same fate as many Cub and Red Sox and now Indian fans have done and that's die without my team winning a title in my lifetime. Hell, even as it stands, of the teams I root for in the 4 major sports, I've seen only 1 title since graduating high school(1983) and that was the 2008 Phillies. Otherwise it's been titles in 1074-75, '80, '83, '08. That's it. Makes me jealous of Boston fans as they stand a chance to see 3 of their 4 teams win a title this year alone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Not really. I opened the thread and said, "Oh great, another KM is god thread." I figured a few people would scoff at the OP, but people are...backing it and doubling down on it? I mean, FFS, he's already in the hall of fame according to KM lovers! Look, I didn't want him and think we made a mistake getting rid of Rosen, but I'm a Cards fan. He's my QB now and I want him to succeed. Even if this were my consensus #1 pick, holy cow, how did we land him draft pick, I wouldn't be THIS high on the kid. He's not TAKEN A PRESEASON SNAP yet, let alone a regular season snap. Give me a freaking break already!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not really. I opened the thread and said, "Oh great, another KM is god thread." I figured a few people would scoff at the OP, but people are...backing it and doubling down on it? I mean, FFS, he's already in the hall of fame according to KM lovers! Look, I didn't want him and think we made a mistake getting rid of Rosen, but I'm a Cards fan. He's my QB now and I want him to succeed. Even if this were my consensus #1 pick, holy cow, how did we land him draft pick, I wouldn't be THIS high on the kid. He's not TAKEN A PRESEASON SNAP yet, let alone a regular season snap. Give me a freaking break already!

I've never seen anything close to the "Murray Mania" (copy write by CW 05/26/19) currently gripping the board Stout.

But its fun to dream man, and the people who are truly hopeful for Murray are having fun these days.

Just like you like to hear certain cool songs over and over, its fun to read "Murray is going to be great for the Cardinals" at least once a day. It makes me feel good. It's doesn't get old to me.

But negativity gets does old. If someone wants to say they don't believe in the Murray hype, great. Post that thought once or twice, and get it on record that you didn't like the pick. Like Shane for example. I really respect how he's handling this.

But to constantly, in every thread, over and over and over, to try to rain on the parade. It's just not cool man. What is the point of that exactly? Why can't Solar7 just let us feel good about something the Cardinals are trying to do?

Negativity is necessary sometimes. But that doesn't change the fact that it sucks to be around negative people.

Do you like to be around really negative people Stout?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the Perfect Storm. It's really difficult for NFL prognosticators to gauge exactly what KM will produce, because the NFL hasn't seen a skill set like his before. He's even different than Wilson was coming out of college. It's understandable that rookie QB's, no matter how talented, struggle a little coming out of the gate in the NFL. If Murray were drafted by a team in a traditional offensive system, then it might take a little time for that team to truly understand how to use him. That won't be the case with the Cardinals. If the Cardinals didn't have the 1st pick, I'm not 100% sold that we would have hired KK. With KM sitting in our lap, the Cardinals did their homework & saw that KM/KK was a marriage made in heaven. KK will make the NFL transition for KM much, much simpler. He's putting together an offense that Murray can run to perfection in his sleep. Not to say that he won't make some mistakes. I'm sure he will. But what makes KM special will be put on display from day 1. We're a cursed franchise. Unfortunately, I do believe that. But, this may be the time when even a traditionally cursed franchise has their moment in the sun. Older fans like myself deserve to sit back and enjoy every second of this. Younger fans will gravitate to KM & the Cardinals will be the talk of the town. Not just in AZ, but across the entire NFL landscape.

I'll be watching from the 20 yard line. :koolaid: :newcards:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've never seen anything close to the "Murray Mania" (copy write by CW 05/26/19) currently gripping the board Stout.

But its fun to dream man, and the people who are truly hopeful for Murray are having fun these days.

Just like you like to hear certain cool songs over and over, its fun to read "Murray is going to be great for the Cardinals" at least once a day. It makes me feel good. It's doesn't get old to me.

But negativity gets does old. If someone wants to say they don't believe in the Murray hype, great. Post that thought once or twice, and get it on record that you didn't like the pick. Like Shane for example. I really respect how he's handling this.

But to constantly, in every thread, over and over and over, to try to rain on the parade. It's just not cool man. What is the point of that exactly? Why can't Solar7 just let us feel good about something the Cardinals are trying to do?

Negativity is necessary sometimes. But that doesn't change the fact that it sucks to be around negative people.

Except then you exist in an echo chamber where all you hear is what you are saying. Then if/when reality sets in, the collective you will be unable to see things objectively, whereas, counterpoints to your view should be providing you with a look into the possible future and will allow you to reckon with that.

Everything cannot be all unicorns and rainbows same as everything cannot be storm clouds and disaster.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

CW, you don't see the "Murray Mania" because it's been your stance all along, and you've been in victory formation for months. Like I've said, I can't blame you. I wish one of my favorite prospects from my school was drafted as the savior of my NFL franchise.

I have more free time on my hands than Shane right now, and I want to post about realistic (and sadly, poor) expectations I have for the team without having someone assert that Kyler is "a unicorn," or that he's going to get 4500 passing yards with 40 TDs in his first season, two things I've read in the past 48 hours. Be excited, but we have people like PA who think we're just about to win it all because he's running out of time on the clock, and this is our last hope... like, reel it back people.

Kyler's got tons of potential, tons of questions, and we should pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that Keim is even marginally right and doesn't lose his job going all in on a failed coach and historically scary QB.

I could be insanely positive with a 2x head coach of the year, with a QB who had a rubber band holding his knee together, but it turned into nothing. What we're staring at now? I don't understand how any of you are so cavalier.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So you haven't moves into that battered Cardinal fan syndrome yet. The Cards are the only team I root for that hasn't won a championship and I fear that I'm going to suffer the same fate as many Cub and Red Sox and now Indian fans have done and that's die without my team winning a title in my lifetime. Hell, even as it stands, of the teams I root for in the 4 major sports, I've seen only 1 title since graduating high school(1983) and that was the 2008 Phillies. Otherwise it's been titles in 1074-75, '80, '83, '08. That's it. Makes me jealous of Boston fans as they stand a chance to see 3 of their 4 teams win a title this year alone.
I'm a Cardinals, Suns, Anaheim Ducks, and Angels fan... and I didn't pay attention enough to hockey when I was young to truly care about the Ducks win. So frustrating.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Being optimistic is cool, and, though I'm not, I have no problem with it. But I couldn't stand listening to Unchained Melody, a really good song, when Ghost came out, because it was EVERYWHERE. And reading the "KM is God" posts is like listening to an airhead blab "Ohmygodthey'reSOhotSOcuteSOwhatever'scooltosaytodaythey'rejustthebestIcan'tevenifangelssangaunicornintoexistencethesoundwouldlooklikethem" 5 gazillion times over and over again.

But also, re-read what you said. Be negative a few times, but be insanely annoying as much as you want. That's the essence I got out of it. These posts are like Mitch's old "We'll trade a half-eaten bag of Doritos for Peyton Manning" threads. No realism whatsoever. Pipe dreams. Pie in the sky. While some people might enjoy the read, it didn't mean the board would be made better by being choked with them.

Optimism, and "I think KM is going to be good" posts/threads? Cool. But, Jesus, he's already in the HOF to some people. And I think the airhead listed above sounds more interesting than THAT.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well said! This is the time to hope and dream of potential. It kills me that the Murray doubters continue to visit and post on the pro- Murray threads. If it aggravates you or ruins your day simply go to the next thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose