The Perfect Storm

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the Perfect Storm. It's really difficult for NFL prognosticators to gauge exactly what KM will produce, because the NFL hasn't seen a skill set like his before. He's even different than Wilson was coming out of college. It's understandable that rookie QB's, no matter how talented, struggle a little coming out of the gate in the NFL. If Murray were drafted by a team in a traditional offensive system, then it might take a little time for that team to truly understand how to use him. That won't be the case with the Cardinals. If the Cardinals didn't have the 1st pick, I'm not 100% sold that we would have hired KK. With KM sitting in our lap, the Cardinals did their homework & saw that KM/KK was a marriage made in heaven. KK will make the NFL transition for KM much, much simpler. He's putting together an offense that Murray can run to perfection in his sleep. Not to say that he won't make some mistakes. I'm sure he will. But what makes KM special will be put on display from day 1. We're a cursed franchise. Unfortunately, I do believe that. But, this may be the time when even a traditionally cursed franchise has their moment in the sun. Older fans like myself deserve to sit back and enjoy every second of this. Younger fans will gravitate to KM & the Cardinals will be the talk of the town. Not just in AZ, but across the entire NFL landscape.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You already posted this. Getting tiring. :help:

Yes it was buried in a 40 page thread. It's brilliance needed it's own thread. Once the season starts, none of this will be tiring. Especially when it comes to torturing all you naysayers that will try to jump on the bandwagon.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes it was buried in a 40 page thread. It's brilliance needed it's own thread. Once the season starts, none of this will be tiring. Especially when it comes to torturing all you naysayers that will try to jump on the bandwagon.
I don't think anyone needs a new thread to know how in love with Kyler you are. The board needs to contain this nonsense, even being partially at fault for it, I think it's starting to make this a really unpleasant place to post.

Isn't there anything else to talk about?

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone needs a new thread to know how in love with Kyler you are. The board needs to contain this nonsense, even being partially at fault for it, I think it's starting to make this a really unpleasant place to post.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone. Especially to our veterans that gave their lives to further the greatness of America!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yet you feel compelled to respond....again.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are the believers and the non-believers and nothing either one says is going to change minds.

I believe. I see 4500 yards passing, 40 passing tds, 8 running tds ( 5 of which will treat us to that cute little hop over the goal line) and 9 ints.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yet you feel compelled to respond?
Yeah, I do feel compelled to respond. There's no news here, no new take, it's literally just a copy and paste job. We have 5 other active threads with Kyler Murray's name in the title, but we need another one? It's going to devolve into the same argument we're having in just about every other thread. Why not contain it to the place you felt was most appropriate to post it first?

Yet you feel compelled to respond....again.
Yep, still do. Not being a Kyler fan doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post anymore, unless mods or admins want to make a "positivity only" rule.

There are the believers and the non-believers and nothing either one says is going to change minds.

I believe. I see 4500 yards passing, 40 passing tds, 8 running tds ( 5 of which will treat us to that cute little hop over the goal line) and 9 ints.
So the best rookie season of all time, and what would have been a top 3 QB last year? Ridiculous.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do feel compelled to respond. There's no news here, no new take, it's literally just a copy and paste job. We have 5 other active threads with Kyler Murray's name in the title, but we need another one? It's going to devolve into the same argument we're having in just about every other thread. Why not contain it to the place you felt was most appropriate to post it first?

Yep, still do. Not being a Kyler fan doesn't mean I'm not allowed to post anymore, unless mods or admins want to make a "positivity only" rule.

So the best rookie season of all time, and what would have been a top 3 QB last year? Ridiculous.
Totally planted! And yet you feel compelled to respond again! :) I knew you would. You are one of the main reasons the Murray threads continue to thrive silly.

PA simply started a thread about Murray. You complained that it was reposted and that the board is becoming an unpleasant place to visit yet here you are throwing fuel on the fire you are complaining about. The next pro Murray post you see simply stay away and let us bask in our dreams.

But you won’t. You can’t. I’ll close by saying I don’t believe the stats I posted but it proved my point.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let it go man. No need to rain on anyone's parade. Some got the pick they wanted and are thrilled about it..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Totally planted! And yet you feel compelled to respond again! :) I knew you would. You are one of the main reasons the Murray threads continue to thrive silly.

PA simply started a thread about Murray. You complained that it was reposted and that the board is becoming an unpleasant place to visit yet here you are throwing fuel on the fire you are complaining about. The next pro Murray post you see simply stay away and let us bask in our dreams.

But you won’t. You can’t. I’ll close by saying I don’t believe the stats I posted but it proved my point.
No, I won't, because I don't have any interest in reading a board for the entire offseason saying we're going to go 16-0 and have the best QB in the league because it makes having actual discussion about the team impossible. If someone wants to make one "Kyler Murray positivity thread" and keep your stuff there, I promise I'll stay out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I won't, because I don't have any interest in reading a board for the entire offseason saying we're going to go 16-0 and have the best QB in the league because it makes having actual discussion about the team impossible. If someone wants to make one "Kyler Murray positivity thread" and keep your stuff there, I promise I'll stay out.
See? Hilarious.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Let it go man. No need to rain on anyone's parade. Some got the pick they wanted and are thrilled about it..
And some got a pick they think is going to hold back this franchise for multiple years. Can't stand the forced positivity. It's like HR putting together a meeting to put a positive spin on your coworkers being laid off.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can’t! Lol. There are hundreds of kids drafted every year. Most will fail no matter how successful their college careers were. Some will succeed even though they had an average college career. Bosa, Williams, Allen , Oliver , Jones May all go on to all-pro careers and it’s possible none will.

Will Murray? I don’t know. But I chose to look for the positives and possibilities. Others don’t. There are some that are so sure he will fail but hide behind the cloak of, “ but I’m hoping he doesn’t fail”. Solar is one of those.... and although he is tired of the pro Murray threads he will respond to this in three, two, one.....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don`t blame him.The "I love Kyler BS is nauseating.
I get it. But it’s as simple as don’t read it and don’t respond to it.

Solar saw the title of the thread. He could have read the first line and exited. Hey , I love solars passion. I really do. They only difference with all of us is some chose to look at the brighter side and some chose to doubt.

Actually the doubters will be right more times than not. Hundreds of kids were drafted and only a small handful of them will go on to have s successful career. We might suffer through another long season of despair. Until then I chose to ride on the train of hope. Plenty of time left for despair.

Let’s enjoy the off season! :)

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And how did the Andrea Gail end up in the Perfect Storm...……..Could be the good ship Murray ends up sinking also....and the Cards are years behind the rest of the NFL...…..again.

Or he fixes the ice machine and pilots the boat to rewarding waters and avoids the storm. Could go either way at this point.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the Perfect Storm. It's really difficult for NFL prognosticators to gauge exactly what KM will produce, because the NFL hasn't seen a skill set like his before. He's even different than Wilson was coming out of college. It's understandable that rookie QB's, no matter how talented, struggle a little coming out of the gate in the NFL. If Murray were drafted by a team in a traditional offensive system, then it might take a little time for that team to truly understand how to use him. That won't be the case with the Cardinals. If the Cardinals didn't have the 1st pick, I'm not 100% sold that we would have hired KK. With KM sitting in our lap, the Cardinals did their homework & saw that KM/KK was a marriage made in heaven. KK will make the NFL transition for KM much, much simpler. He's putting together an offense that Murray can run to perfection in his sleep. Not to say that he won't make some mistakes. I'm sure he will. But what makes KM special will be put on display from day 1. We're a cursed franchise. Unfortunately, I do believe that. But, this may be the time when even a traditionally cursed franchise has their moment in the sun. Older fans like myself deserve to sit back and enjoy every second of this. Younger fans will gravitate to KM & the Cardinals will be the talk of the town. Not just in AZ, but across the entire NFL landscape.

Agree PACardsFan. Especially with the bolded part, which doesn't get discussed enough (relatively speaking :) ).

The word "unicorn" is overused. So is the phrase "generational talent", which has an incredibly high standard if you think about it.

But dammit, I've watched all of Murray's 2018 games at least twice, and I swear to you he does things on a football field that I've never seen another player do before. Not Mayfield. Not Bradford. Not Josh Rosen, or Andrew Luck. And I've been watching football a long time.

And the pairing with KK? I think you're all over that. Drafting Murray certainly gives KK the best chance to succeed, and hiring KK would seem to be, like you mentioned, the best way to immediately leverage Murray's talents. Could it be that Lampshade Stevie drunkenly stumbled onto the ultimate HC/QB pairing?

Maybe. I think it is possible (possible I say! 20% chance!) that two years from now, they will be calling Keim a genius for hiring KK, and then drafting Murray.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Why dont you just not post on this thread like this?

You know...quit being a ******* buzzkill.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think there is a chance that this comes to fruition. A legitimate chance.

That's why I loved this move once I realized the implication: Kyler Murray was the only move that could elevate this team to greatness. Sticking with Rosen wouldnt do that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why dont you just not post on this thread like this?

You know...quit being a ******* buzzkill.
Because you guys are doing it in every thread, and it's annoying? Because it's getting to the point where it's literally not even a new post, it's literally just copying and pasting something that he already said?

It's pretty much spam. I can't post in a single thread on this board it seems without Kyler Murray's godlike abilities coming up.