Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for taking over as face of the franchise when Larry hangs them up. Peterson has let the whole team down. He's probably pissed at the front office because someone had something to say about him testing positive and it's meant to be confidential while going through appeals.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
98.7 is saying and hinting that PP could have been ratted out and not caught via a test.... Another way of getting a more then 4 game suspension

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
98.7 is saying and hinting that PP could have been ratted out and not caught via a test.... Another way of getting a more then 4 game suspension

that makes no sense, who would rat him out? Someone in the org that needs him on the field to stay employed?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that makes no sense, who would rat him out? Someone in the org that needs him on the field to stay employed?

Trainer? Someone blackmailing him? A teammate he pissed if and is jealous??? WTF knows...

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
When Brady was suspended for 4 games in 2017 the Patriots restructured his contract to where he only made $1 million in salary that year. The rest ($13 million) was converted to a signing bonus which was protected from forfeiting in a suspension.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Brady was suspended for 4 games in 2017 the Patriots restructured his contract to where he only made $1 million in salary that year. The rest ($13 million) was converted to a signing bonus which was protected from forfeiting in a suspension.

Yea Patrick doesn’t deserve that he has no rings or SB MVPs in his trophy case

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That feels like spin to me. Even someone with an axe to grind isn't going to hurt the team, especially if they are still connected to the organization

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That feels like spin to me. Even someone with an axe to grind isn't going to hurt the team, especially if they are still connected to the organization

Their not stating it as fact they aret hinting it’s a distinct possibility. I certainly wouldn’t just dismiss it

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their not stating it as fact they aret hinting it’s a distinct possibility. I certainly wouldn’t just dismiss it

I am not listening obviously but I still feel like this is a reach. If they want me to but what they are selling they don't simply hint. Say it, own it and you better be right because that is highly accusatory

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radio laughing right now patriot news outlet reporting something to the effect:

“PP who criticized the Pats and Brady for deflate gate caught cheating and tested positive for PEDS”

Ouch

:biglaugh:

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Patrick , my man, if your boss knows YOU are doing drugs in the first place , YOU are doing it wrong bro! All seriousness, he has really hurt his rep with this. If he had failed and been apologetic to the organization and the fans it would have been one thing, but to get all upset with the organization for his own failings is childish. never understood why these guys don't get out in front of these things. I mean he has known for a while this was coming why not speak about it prior to in being announced by the league?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Totally different IMO.

Brady was suspended on circumstantial evidence for total horse crap. NE did the right thing by protecting his money.

PP21 cheated..... tried to hide it..... and was caught.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Disappointing. However, it's not like we were going to win anything this year anyway. And Peterson is too good at a critical position to not try to work something out with him.

It's concerning, and he's been moving in the wrong direction the last 12 months. But the situation is still salvageable.