Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree.

I am disappointed that Peterson in his statement took no responsibility for the issue. Saying,
"I'm sorry this came out.", doesn't cut it for me.

Totally fair and agree... But he’s to unto himself to take blame. That’s why I didn’t expect anything better.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sometimes its the effect in the locker room that counts also.PP has proven to be disgruntled in the past and is obviously upset with the team more right now.So is he worth having that distraction around while you are trying to install a new system,HC and rookie QB.Is his bitching and whining really needed and how much of a difference will he really make ? I question if his negatives really override what he brings to the playing field,Sure he is good in coverage but he does get beat sometimes,he is a lousy tackler,a indifferent run defender and a big DIVA.

Saying that he is expendable due to his tackling is like saying Brady is expendable because he cannot run... his job is coverage

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree.

I am disappointed that Peterson in his statement took no responsibility for the issue. Saying,
"I'm sorry this came out.", doesn't cut it for me.

I agree, all he wanted to do is go forward and put this behind him. He cheated and got caught. It's as if this is not a big deal for him. He is all about himself.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the risk of opening a whole new line of argument -

Does rhe Cardinal organization have an effective program for straightening out PED cheaters? If so, what is it? Is Patrick working within that program? Do any other teams run PED programs that have proved to be more effective, and if so, why haven't the Cards adopted them?

My point - What are the Cardinals doing now? I have little or sympathy for Patrick and feel the focus should zero in on (1) what we can get out of him and (2) what programs we can put in place to best help us achieve our goals.

What worries me is the degree to which the current team-culture (ownership, mgt, coaches & players) condones (or at the very least accepts) this behavior and, therefore, represents a long-term threat to the well-being of the football team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t need Peterson to be Aeneas. I need Peterson to be Peterson.

Sure you don’t need him to be.. Butnit sure would be nice. If you’re saying it wouldn’t be(not sure) you’re being disingenuous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose