Game of Thrones (HBO)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Well damn. Way to do a 180 on a character this year.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I thought the Varys storyline was pretty rushed. He’s killed right at the beginning of starting to question if she’s fit to rule.

They’ve really made Tyrion in to a moron. So much for “I drink and I know things.”

The Clegane bowl was pretty awesome.

I thought the Euron v Jaime sequence was a waste of time.

Not how I expected Cersei and Jaime to die.

Mad Queen prophecy is true. I’m sure the last episode will be Starks v Dany. Not sure how I feel about it yet, given the series spent so much time building her up as the “breaker of chains.” Instead, she’s turned into the tyrant she always opposed. But it is Game of Thrones, I don’t think anyone will ever be happy.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hated it

Totally let down from the 7 seasons of character development

I have suspected this was the route that we were on but it played out terribly.

All the other twists sucked too.

What a crappy payoff to Jamie's character and the Valonqar prophecy.

Grey Worm is just a murdering douche now.

Arya shows up and does absolutely nothing...later finds a magic horse

Varys goes from the most calculating and subtle character to an idiot.

Tyrion...see Varys except he made stupid decision after stupid decision over and over. It's really tragic how much his character sucks now.

Literally the only redeeming characters in this episode were the Hound, Jon, and Davos.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to revisit the Hound though because in a soul sucking episode where people betray everything they have believed in for 7 seasons, this part was perfect.

Facing down his brother and then ultimately tossing them both into what tore them apart initially was well done.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I have suspected this was the route that we were on but it played out terribly.

All the other twists sucked too.

What a crappy payoff to Jamie's character and the Valonqar prophecy.

Grey Worm is just a murdering douche now.

Arya shows up and does absolutely nothing...later finds a magic horse

Varys goes from the most calculating and subtle character to an idiot.

Tyrion...see Varys except he made stupid decision after stupid decision over and over. It's really tragic how much his character sucks now.

Literally the only redeeming characters in this episode were the Hound, Jon, and Davos.

The Valonqar ended up being the ceiling.

Tyrion is very disappointing now. At this point, it would’ve just been better if Dany burned him too since he’s the only reason why Varys knew about Jon’s lineage.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get over what a flaming poo bag Jamie ended up being. He has a nice redemption Arc and then just takes a dump all over it.

For no reason he just screws over Brienne to go die with Cersie anyway. He is like the cornholio athlete in high school who decides to wreck a nice girl for fun.

Nope I am not doing anything right or staying on my redemption Arc...I am just taking a steaming pile on 2 seasons of character development

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Valonqar ended up being the ceiling.

Tyrion is very disappointing now. At this point, it would’ve just been better if Dany burned him too since he’s the only reason why Varys knew about Jon’s lineage.

I know that is why it's an awful awful payoff

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get over what a flaming **** bag Jamie ended up being. He has a nice redemption Arc and then just takes a dump all over it.

For no reason he just screws over Brienne to go die with Cersie anyway. He is like the ******* athlete in high school who decides to wreck a nice girl for fun.

Nope I am not doing anything right or staying on my redemption Arc...I am just taking a steaming pile on 2 seasons of character development

Arya found a magic horse.. ha!

Man that was bad. This whole season has been REALLY bad.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sucks most about this is it rattles my confidence in the spin offs

HBO has no idea the backlash they are about to face

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say the fact I am this irritated is probably what the writers were thinking when they scoped this out

BUT

It is for all the wrong reasons.

And WORSE

All that merchandise out there with Mother of Dragons or people who named their daughter Daenerys. Maybe got a tattoo

Because here was a bad ass fantasy character that women could look up to

Yeah about that

Again HBO has no idea the backlash that is coming it's way

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would’ve been much more meaningful if Arya ended up dying in Jon’s arms at the end.

Just imagine the anticipation for next week’s episode if that happened.

I would be pissed if that happened but in the way that I'm used to GOT getting me pissed, so the right way. Man, that would have been so good. Sadly, we're getting blah...

I'm not as disappointed with this episode as others but I'm not happy either.

I think Dany's descent has been happening for longer than most say. She's been power hungry for a long time and never planned on sharing power. I thought it was clear during her relationship with Dario that she wouldn't share power with Jon, who a lot of people predicted would end up with her. She cares more about making those who took the crown pay than wearing it herself. Rewatch old episodes and I think you'll see her path has been quite clear.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I am in the minority. I love this final season. Not that I don’t have complaints. Much of this feels rushed and there is a certain character that bit it that deserves a slow death.

I guess I just resolved myself to that this final season would feel rushed once they announced a short and final season.

That episode was simply scorched earth and devastation.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I would be pissed if that happened but in the way that I'm used to GOT getting me pissed, so the right way. Man, that would have been so good. Sadly, we're getting blah...

I'm not as disappointed with this episode as others but I'm not happy either.

I think Dany's descent has been happening for longer than most say. She's been power hungry for a long time and never planned on sharing power. I thought it was clear during her relationship with Dario that she wouldn't share power with Jon, who a lot of people predicted would end up with her. She cares more about making those who took the crown pay than wearing it herself. Rewatch old episodes and I think you'll see her path has been quite clear.

I truly believe that this was a huge scene that George RR Martin revealed to the show runners that hasn’t happened in the books yet. Like with Hodor’s death and Jon’s true lineage.

The main problem with all of this was the build up once she got to Westeros. It was so rushed we couldn’t really understand Dany’s rage. Everything happens too fast for us to really be emotionally invested.

Just like Jon with Ghost, even Dany’s connections to her dragons were diminishing because the show had to keep things moving along. She hardly mourned for Viserion or Rhaegal. They made it seem like she was more upset about Missandei’s death than her own dragons.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
https://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-arya-khaleesi-popular-names-for-baby-girls-2019-5

Irony...this came out the same day as this episode

Mom why didn't you name me Gloria??

I never understood the craze there. "Let's name our kid 'Queen' in a fictional language from a television show ripe with incest, murder, and magic! There's no way it'll be a bad decision, we're only on season 3 and they don't mention her family history of being mentally unstable with a thirst for blood that often. We could read the books to find out if it'll blow up in our face but those aren't finished yet, and likely won't be done until she reaches legal drinking age so she can drown her sorrows that way if it doesn't work out."

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I will say the fact I am this irritated is probably what the writers were thinking when they scoped this out

BUT

It is for all the wrong reasons.

And WORSE

All that merchandise out there with Mother of Dragons or people who named their daughter Daenerys. Maybe got a tattoo

Because here was a bad ass fantasy character that women could look up to

Yeah about that

Again HBO has no idea the backlash that is coming it's way

Now you’re making me like that episode. :lol: