MCU: Avengers: Endgame

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Spider-Man: Far From Home revelation:

They DID create a multiverse, likely with Cap staying in the past, or perhaps not returning an Infinity Stone to the precise moment where it left? How does one return the Soul Stone, exactly?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Spider-Man: Far From Home revelation:

They DID create a multiverse, likely with Cap staying in the past, or perhaps not returning an Infinity Stone to the precise moment where it left? How does one return the Soul Stone, exactly?
Deleted scene with Captain America and Red Skull?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone and their brother knew how powerful her character was from the comics and all the articles about her character. The easy thing would have been for her to come in and wipe the floor with him and it would have been over in 2 minutes. That would have been way to easy way out.

Also, what do you mean show up right in front of the ship? I mean you see her get brighter which means she was flying towards the ship. If you mean how did she find them? The inference is she was working with the Avengers for weeks (post the end credit scene from Infinity War). She either had been searching for them or sometime (Rocket knew approximately where they were) or maybe some of the messages that Tony/Nebula were sending were found.

Wow..that is really thorough. Although I am still trying to process how Cap crossing back and forth fits. The Russo brothers did indicate that Cap, the Stones and him going back and them coming back to our timeline could be a movie all in itself.

I'd watch that!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone and their brother knew how powerful her character was from the comics and all the articles about her character. The easy thing would have been for her to come in and wipe the floor with him and it would have been over in 2 minutes. That would have been way to easy way out.

Also, what do you mean show up right in front of the ship? I mean you see her get brighter which means she was flying towards the ship. If you mean how did she find them? The inference is she was working with the Avengers for weeks (post the end credit scene from Infinity War). She either had been searching for them or sometime (Rocket knew approximately where they were) or maybe some of the messages that Tony/Nebula were sending were found.

your timeline is wrong. The stinger at the end of Captain Marvel didn't mean she was already working with the Avengers when we saw her. That stinger is literally replayed in Endgame (they do this a lot... the Bucky/Ant-Man stinger at the end of Winter Soldier came directly from a scene in Civil War later... same with the Thor Rag stinger where they saw the Guardians). They do slight of hand with those making it seem like they're happening "in place" but are really just cribbed from the middle of a future movie).

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
your timeline is wrong. The stinger at the end of Captain Marvel didn't mean she was already working with the Avengers when we saw her. That stinger is literally replayed in Endgame (they do this a lot... the Bucky/Ant-Man stinger at the end of Winter Soldier came directly from a scene in Civil War later... same with the Thor Rag stinger where they saw the Guardians). They do slight of hand with those making it seem like they're happening "in place" but are really just cribbed from the middle of a future movie).
That stinger wasn’t in Endgame... I was expecting it to be, but it wasn’t.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stinger wasn’t in Endgame... I was expecting it to be, but it wasn’t.

i thought it was. Didn't she come in and ask where Fury is? Then does the same thing in Endgame when she meets the group, Thor and all those peeps?

JerkFace

Reaction score
i thought it was. Didn't she come in and ask where Fury is? Then does the same thing in Endgame when she meets the group, Thor and all those peeps?
Nope. The reason I am certain is because my daughter saw endgame with me but she hadn’t seen Captain Marvel yet. I went over all the stuff she needed to know but left out the stinger since I figured it would be replayed in Endgame. During the movie when I realized they weren’t going to replay it I had to lean over and whisper the stinger to my daughter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. The reason I am certain is because my daughter saw endgame with me but she hadn’t seen Captain Marvel yet. I went over all the stuff she needed to know but left out the stinger since I figured it would be replayed in Endgame. During the movie when I realized they weren’t going to replay it I had to lean over and whisper the stinger to my daughter.

huh... guess i'm wrong. That said, when she returned with Tony, in her first scene with the rest of the group, didn't she ask what happened to Fury?

JerkFace

Reaction score
huh... guess i'm wrong. That said, when she returned with Tony, in her first scene with the rest of the group, didn't she ask what happened to Fury?
Don’t think so, but I can’t say for 100% sure. They mainly just discussed:
going after Thanos because they had just picked up on the “radar” that the stones had been used again.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's not what I meant. I meant from the time of the introduction to each to the time they found Tony. In the end credit scene in Captain Marvel she comes back a short time after the SNAP. From what I read End Game picks up about 3 weeks after those events.

Now your making me question my memory of the movie. LOL. However, I swear it was Kevin Feige or the Russo Brothers that said the End Game is about 3 weeks later from the end credit scene. I am going to have to find it now.

Update: So Tony says on the ship it's been 22 days since the SNAP. Not sure how much time passes with the Avengers playing with the pager but it appears it's soon after the pager was activated by Fury. Captain Marvel shows up.

Correct me if I am wrong but then some time passes when she finds Tony in space. That would seem to align with the concept of her searching in space for Tony. That's why people theorized either she was searching that region of space on her own or maybe Rocket knew about where the ship might be or something to that effect.

Again, I might be remember the sequence of events wrong.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, that happen before she found Stark. Remember, he was transmitting back to Earth. So after she met the crew, she went out and saved Stark since they could tell where he was.

Russo said the after credit was a couple of days after Infinity Wars and the movie was 20 some or what ever Stark said

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not what I meant. I meant from the time of the introduction to each to the time they found Tony. In the end credit scene in Captain Marvel she comes back a short time after the SNAP. From what I read End Game picks up about 3 weeks after those events.

Now your making me question my memory of the movie. LOL. However, I swear it was Kevin Feige or the Russo Brothers that said the End Game is about 3 weeks later from the end credit scene. I am going to have to find it now.

Update: So Tony says on the ship it's been 22 days since the SNAP. Not sure how much time passes with the Avengers playing with the pager but it appears it's soon after the pager was activated by Fury. Captain Marvel shows up.

Correct me if I am wrong but then some time passes when she finds Tony in space. That would seem to align with the concept of her searching in space for Tony. That's why people theorized either she was searching that region of space on her own or maybe Rocket knew about where the ship might be or something to that effect.

Again, I might be remember the sequence of events wrong.

i could be totally wrong here and conflating stingers and endgame commercials.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
no doubt they won’t have the luster going forward without RDJ. What an incredible run for him. Nearly $200 mil over ten years and worth every penny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw this again today... was totally wrong on my timeline with Captain Marvel.

And it's really really good. To pull off a finale at this level after 20 some movies in the story is really impressive. That moment when literally EVERY hero shows up is such a great movie moment and all of them taking on Thanos and his minions is really something to see on the big screen.

Still have it ranked below Iron Man 1, Cap 2, 3 and Guardians 1, but it's number 5 with a bullet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
saw this again today... was totally wrong on my timeline with Captain Marvel.

And it's really really good. To pull off a finale at this level after 20 some movies in the story is really impressive. That moment when literally EVERY hero shows up is such a great movie moment and all of them taking on Thanos and his minions is really something to see on the big screen.

Still have it ranked below Iron Man 1, Cap 2, 3 and Guardians 1, but it's number 5 with a bullet.
My question, just for curiosity, and this is something we haven’t really talked about, but how much better was it then Infinity War, which had all the characters throughout the entire movie? And how would you rank it IF you considered IW and EG as one giant movie?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question, just for curiosity, and this is something we haven’t really talked about, but how much better was it then Infinity War, which had all the characters throughout the entire movie? And how would you rank it IF you considered IW and EG as one giant movie?

oh yeah... I think of Infinity and Endgame as one giant movie. I still put it at 5. An AMAZING achievement to balance all those characters and story-lines. I think the thing that holds it back a little for me is that as much as I love Iron Man, Cap has been my favorite character since Winter Soldier and he was minimized a pretty good deal in Infiniti and even watching Endgame again, I was surprised how much the movie was Tony's, whereas I thought Cap got shorted a little again.

OP
OP
Skratchy_Seal

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a comic book guy, so I wondered about something...
Did Banner essentially kill Hulk? I know he said something like Hulk being the cure, but it really didn't seem like this solved anything for me. What happened to the guy that once said "No Banner! Only Hulk!"? Is he still in there somewhere?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Infinity War was Oscar worthy.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, Snap! Avengers: Endgame Returning to Theaters with New Footage

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/oh-snap-avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-new-footage

The Avengers have one final foe bigger than Thanos at the box office- Avatar’s mind-blowing global gross.

Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige has announced that Avengers: Endgame is going back to theaters with an extended re-release featuring an unspecified amount of new footage. Coming within $50 million of Avatar’s domestic box office record, Avengers: Endgame is summoning all of its strength for another run, where fans will be treated to extra content for their troubles.

While Feige declined to give specifics, it was revealed during the Spider-Man: Far From Home press junket that in addition to the three-hour feature film, this new release will feature a new deleted scene, a special tribute, and ‘a few surprises’ tacked on after the film’s credits that were not in the original theatrical release.

While the film’s storyline itself will most likely remain unchanged (and really, what more could be added to the behemoth blockbuster’s run time?) it seems that Marvel Cinematic Universe die-hards will certainly be rewarded for their dedication to the Avengers’ biggest outing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, Snap! Avengers: Endgame Returning to Theaters with New Footage

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/oh-snap-avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-new-footage

The Avengers have one final foe bigger than Thanos at the box office- Avatar’s mind-blowing global gross.

Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige has announced that Avengers: Endgame is going back to theaters with an extended re-release featuring an unspecified amount of new footage. Coming within $50 million of Avatar’s domestic box office record, Avengers: Endgame is summoning all of its strength for another run, where fans will be treated to extra content for their troubles.

While Feige declined to give specifics, it was revealed during the Spider-Man: Far From Home press junket that in addition to the three-hour feature film, this new release will feature a new deleted scene, a special tribute, and ‘a few surprises’ tacked on after the film’s credits that were not in the original theatrical release.

While the film’s storyline itself will most likely remain unchanged (and really, what more could be added to the behemoth blockbuster’s run time?) it seems that Marvel Cinematic Universe die-hards will certainly be rewarded for their dedication to the Avengers’ biggest outing.

man... they REALLY want that all-time record. This feels a little shameless... and to be honest, a little stupid on Disney's part if their marketing team isn't thinking five steps ahead. Avatar hasn't been in the public consciousness FOREVER and it comes out in a couple years. The absolute BEST way to market that sucker and make it really relevant when the sequel comes back is to say it's the sequel to the BIGGEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME! No one markets something as the second biggest hit of all time.